“At this price, the execution must be perfect(er)” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #317 of 829 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Miami Beach, Florida
“At this price, the execution must be perfect(er)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

i do not mind paying more for something fine. There are elements of Lucali that remind one of fine things. They have taken extra effort to create an interesting super thin crust pizza. It is not an Italian pizza(they do not use parmesan in the cheese mix anywhere in Italy to my knowledge and the crust is wobbly as opposed to crispy), but it is an interesting Brooklyn pizza.

They have topped the same said pizzas with quality ingredients (in our case, especially flavorful pepperoni).

They have even added quite good salads.I liked the fennel and celery root a lot.

All of this is to make you forget that a stripped down version- no frills , no toppings is 24 dollars. And a pizza and salad and wine can (and did) run 100 dollars.

Unfortunately, for all the pretense of excellence, if you burn (really burn , so it is visibly black) several parts of the crust, then this just does not work.

Perhaps they will adjust the formula to non-NY price levels or at least get the execution down a tad better. Then I might come back.

Visited October 2013

66% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Special place with extremely good service but not for fussy eaters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The atmospere and the design of this restaurant are great and would make it worthwhile visiting even if the food wasn't any good. The waitress who served us was lovely and helpful, making it a very pleasant night. The things stopping me giving a 5 were the limited choice on the menu, the fact our pizza was quite burnt on the bottom and the prices (which were not outrageous but not really good value). As a sidenote, we added the garlic and there was a lot of it so only order that if you really like garlic!

Miami, Florida
“By far the best pizza in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I had the plain pizza so that we could appreciate the taste without any "distractions".
The pizza was fantastic! The homemade tomato sauce was to die for, and the buffalo mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano all made for a truly outstanding pizza. The original Lucali is in Brooklyn and is highly acclaimed.
The atmosphere was very casual with an open kitchen, and the service was outstanding.

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“Fantastic (secret local) Pizza spot on South Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is seriously the best pizza I have had in quite awhile! And don't even get me started on the amazing Kale Caesar Salad!!! In the super Hip Sunset Harbor neighborhood of South Beach, where are the beautiful locals (and some hip travelers) go! check it out!

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to dinner to lucali. Interior is very unique and cozy. They have a limited menu - wine, beer, pizza and salads basically but the food is very good. My husband loved the pizza. I ordered the arugula and fig salad which was also great. If in the mood for good pizza I'd recommend. Good date spot too. Fernando was our waiter and he was fantastic!!