“'Wearing a smile' during the white stay: marvellously unique” 5 of 5 stars

Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1817 James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #69 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lisbon, Portugal
“'Wearing a smile' during the white stay: marvellously unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The combination of the top location, great taste of the spaces in a renewed art déco style, and amazing staff (out of the blue!) makes this boutique hotel ideal for a holiday. Felt home there and will come back really soon!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend and I love the place specially the service everyone was very nice . Endri was our waiter and he was amazing . I will recommend and definitely I'll be back here . I'm from New York and I go to Miami every year . Almost forget the happy hour $4 a beer in south beach can't beat that

• Stayed May 2014
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Picked this hotel mainly for its location - we didn't want to stay on Ocean Drive as we wanted a quieter part of Miami and this hotel didn't disappoint.

It was clean with very modern furnishings (it's not a hotel for people looking for cosy) and had a fab pool, which we spent a lot of time lounging by.

Breakfast wasn't included, not sure if it's offered. Parking is at a garage just a few minutes walk from the hotel and the fee was pretty reasonable for Miami.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Pestana and would recommend as a great hotel to stay in Miami.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

What else do you want from Miami? A short walk to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. Good sized rooms, pool and decent buffet breakfast, friendly helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriends and I enjoyed our trip immensely - so much so that we came back just to hang with the staff at the bar after our trip back from the Bahamas.

Hotel/Rooms: Opened recently - less than a year while we were visiting. The rooms were clean and our room overlooked the pool - awesome!

Location: It was not in the heart of South Beach but I think I much preferred to be off the strip. It was quiet enough for me to sleep. It was a few blocks away from Lincoln Road - where I found my beloved Shake Shack!!! Lincoln Road is also filled with amazing shopping. Beach was also only a few blocks away!

Staff: I don't even know where to start! My girlfriend and I are all in agreement that the staff here made our trip. The staff was super helpful and fun, it was exactly what we were looking for (not that we expected it). Thank you to the wonderful staff at Pestana - they were so great I remembered most of their names!!!! Each and every single one of them were/are wonderful!!

Andres - Our evening bartender.
Moe - Morning bartender
Orbin - Evening bell hop

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I loved the art deco feel of the hotel. We were only minutes away from many of the highlights in Miami. The hotel beds were extremely comfortable, and the rooms were bright and airy.
Especially loved the bar staff / poolside. Two of their best were Erika and Endri. Thank you for making our girls' vacation as fun as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed in many south beach hotels, including SOS, surfcomber, and the national and have found Pestana to be a perfect fit for us. It features many of the luxuries of these other hotels at a fraction of the price. Truly comfortable bed, great shower & bathroom & relaxing poolside atmosphere. Only 1 block from the beach. The best customer service that I have seen in south beach without the snooty / prissy attitude! The staff bends over backwards to get you anything that you need to make your stay more comfortable. I found this hotel to be very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel? Share your experiences!