“Service outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Service outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend and I love the place specially the service everyone was very nice . Endri was our waiter and he was amazing . I will recommend and definitely I'll be back here . I'm from New York and I go to Miami every year . Almost forget the happy hour $4 a beer in south beach can't beat that

• Stayed May 2014

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Picked this hotel mainly for its location - we didn't want to stay on Ocean Drive as we wanted a quieter part of Miami and this hotel didn't disappoint.

It was clean with very modern furnishings (it's not a hotel for people looking for cosy) and had a fab pool, which we spent a lot of time lounging by.

Breakfast wasn't included, not sure if it's offered. Parking is at a garage just a few minutes walk from the hotel and the fee was pretty reasonable for Miami.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Pestana and would recommend as a great hotel to stay in Miami.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

What else do you want from Miami? A short walk to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. Good sized rooms, pool and decent buffet breakfast, friendly helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriends and I enjoyed our trip immensely - so much so that we came back just to hang with the staff at the bar after our trip back from the Bahamas.

Hotel/Rooms: Opened recently - less than a year while we were visiting. The rooms were clean and our room overlooked the pool - awesome!

Location: It was not in the heart of South Beach but I think I much preferred to be off the strip. It was quiet enough for me to sleep. It was a few blocks away from Lincoln Road - where I found my beloved Shake Shack!!! Lincoln Road is also filled with amazing shopping. Beach was also only a few blocks away!

Staff: I don't even know where to start! My girlfriend and I are all in agreement that the staff here made our trip. The staff was super helpful and fun, it was exactly what we were looking for (not that we expected it). Thank you to the wonderful staff at Pestana - they were so great I remembered most of their names!!!! Each and every single one of them were/are wonderful!!

Andres - Our evening bartender.
Moe - Morning bartender
Orbin - Evening bell hop

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I loved the art deco feel of the hotel. We were only minutes away from many of the highlights in Miami. The hotel beds were extremely comfortable, and the rooms were bright and airy.
Especially loved the bar staff / poolside. Two of their best were Erika and Endri. Thank you for making our girls' vacation as fun as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed in many south beach hotels, including SOS, surfcomber, and the national and have found Pestana to be a perfect fit for us. It features many of the luxuries of these other hotels at a fraction of the price. Truly comfortable bed, great shower & bathroom & relaxing poolside atmosphere. Only 1 block from the beach. The best customer service that I have seen in south beach without the snooty / prissy attitude! The staff bends over backwards to get you anything that you need to make your stay more comfortable. I found this hotel to be very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

OMG! I just see the nastiest thing ever in my life I was walking to my room from the pool and went the wrong way and I just so happen see one of the hotel employees hanging up used pool towels on the gate. O I would never come back to this hotel AGAIN......

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear “mzmeka”,
Unfortunately we are not able to contact you as your review does not provide us with any identification information.
We really care about our guest’s feedback. Sometimes we may not agree with some of the comments as they represent a personal view or evaluation but that is not the point as they represent the perception that a specific guest has about the services we have provided and this is why Tripadvisor is so important for us.
Everyone at Pestana Hotels & Resorts are focus in providing to all of our guest the best experience, truly Memorable Moments, but we are not exempts of failures.
Unfortunately for a couple of times, due to a delivery delay from our Laundry, we didn’t have at a certain point, pool towels to provide to our guest and as some of these guests can surely attest we informed them that unfortunately we didn’t have towels to provide them at that moment.
On the other hand, one of our team members did in fact hang some pool towels, as they were not completely dry, but because they arrived from the laundry like that after being properly washed.
Again, we respect our guests personal opinions and point of view but we need to clarify what we feel is a precipitate judgments and misunderstandings.
Should you be available to discuss this situation with me, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
João Paulo Araújo

Been to Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel? Share your experiences!