“One night stay - Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1817 James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #71 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Leeds Uk
“One night stay - Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Only stayed one Friday night but from check in to departure I can't fault the hotel.
Lovely location, 3 blocks from Lincoln Road
Big spacious room with nice bathroom.
Comfortable bed
Lovely pool area and breakfast area
Staff superb
Would return and recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

extremely good location and polite, competent staff in this hotel. Given the central, although quite location, guests tend to be late and noise at night when they come back. prices are reasanable for the location. Small, cosy pool. breakdast good but coffee and cappuccino could be better.

Room Tip: on the pool side
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice clean room, very expensive breakfast and drinks, however overall great quality. In room bed was amazingly comfortable. Slept great. Pillows and blankets clean and nice. Beautiful pool. Non smoking room. And SUPER AFFORDABLE FOR LAST MIN. I highly recommend it. ALL staff are super friendly and accommodate in any way possible. WIFI and computer and printer available with stay no added charge, it was great we printed our directions from MAPQUEST.COM. I loved it.

Room Tip: 3116 Was great, in back. No noise. Peaceful and beautiful right next to pool. And affordable.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying at this hotel right now, sorry to say but have no really good to say about it. We have been here for a night. The room we came to wasn't cleaned. When we ask the reception about it they friendly Said that they would take care of it - but nothing happend... Today we had to ask again. When we came home at 6 pm. Today the room wasn't cleaned. So we are not pleased at all. The beds are under standard... Hope that the manager Will respond to this - because this is not good enough...

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Like all Miami hotels room rates vary with the season and what the current event-weekend is. The location is pretty good. It is just over a block from the beach and two blocks from Lincoln Road (food and shopping). The rooms are medium sized and clean. The bathrooms are not memorable but certainly nothing to complain about. We had little interaction with the hotel staff. I did inquire about getting a suit pressed but it was easier to do it myself in the end. If you are looking for the full service, chic and happening Miami scene you are looking at the wrong hotel. If you are looking for a well located, clean room as a base from which to experience Miami Beach this is a hotel worth considering.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upon arrival outside and lobby area looks great staff was helpful however, although room was paid for was told there would be an additional $50 per night hold placed on ccard which tied up $150 of spending money, in addition when I inquired about parking was told that it would be $30 per night yeah right. Lucky for me I was able to find street parking for free as I arrived on a Friday. The room although designed nicely felt boxy, no tub in bathroom or lid for toilet leaving my personals falling in the toilet I did not lol. no toilet paper holder no closet space. I was not impressed. I would never stay there again. still awaiting release of my $150 on hold.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was a cute hotel located close to the beach and the conference center. It was clean and quaint. The staff was exceptional. They were super friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The pool was heated so even though our weekend was rainy and windy I was able to enjoy the warm pool. Check in/out process was quick and easy.

Cons: Parking is not included in the price. The nearest parking garage costs $30 a day to park.
There is only one parking spot for guest that need to unload/load their car in front of the hotel. We came at a busy time and had to wait for a significant time to be able to park so we can check in and get our bags. There is not even a place to wait so we had to drive around the block several times before we could park.
While enjoying the warm pool that windy day my clothes, towel, hat, and sunglasses were blown off the chair onto the ground. The bellboy accidently ran over my sun glasses with his luggage cart. He picked them up and place them on the chair I got out of the pool and my glasses were bent beyond use. They were inexpensive glasses (around $40) so I was not outraged just frustrated. I called the front desk and they sent the bell boy and he said he would get me a new pair or comp me the price. He asked me how much and I said $40, he asked me where I got them and I said Naples. He left and I laid down for a nap. A while later I was awakened by a knock at the door. It was the bell boy with a big smile and my sunglasses. He said "all better" and handed me the glasses. Half asleep I took them and said thank you. I laid on the bed and put the glasses on my face.....they were really lopsided...I looked and noticed that they were the same glasses he unsuccessfully tried to bend back into place. This really made me mad. I would have been happy if he had even attempted to bring a replacement but he did not. So unfortunately I left the hotel with a sour taste.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, we stayed in the back and there was no elevator to get to our room. We h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel? Share your experiences!