“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Key West
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice clean room, very expensive breakfast and drinks, however overall great quality. In room bed was amazingly comfortable. Slept great. Pillows and blankets clean and nice. Beautiful pool. Non smoking room. And SUPER AFFORDABLE FOR LAST MIN. I highly recommend it. ALL staff are super friendly and accommodate in any way possible. WIFI and computer and printer available with stay no added charge, it was great we printed our directions from MAPQUEST.COM. I loved it.

Room Tip: 3116 Was great, in back. No noise. Peaceful and beautiful right next to pool. And affordable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fernando C

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying at this hotel right now, sorry to say but have no really good to say about it. We have been here for a night. The room we came to wasn't cleaned. When we ask the reception about it they friendly Said that they would take care of it - but nothing happend... Today we had to ask again. When we came home at 6 pm. Today the room wasn't cleaned. So we are not pleased at all. The beds are under standard... Hope that the manager Will respond to this - because this is not good enough...

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PeterHansen74
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Like all Miami hotels room rates vary with the season and what the current event-weekend is. The location is pretty good. It is just over a block from the beach and two blocks from Lincoln Road (food and shopping). The rooms are medium sized and clean. The bathrooms are not memorable but certainly nothing to complain about. We had little interaction with the hotel staff. I did inquire about getting a suit pressed but it was easier to do it myself in the end. If you are looking for the full service, chic and happening Miami scene you are looking at the wrong hotel. If you are looking for a well located, clean room as a base from which to experience Miami Beach this is a hotel worth considering.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael S
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upon arrival outside and lobby area looks great staff was helpful however, although room was paid for was told there would be an additional $50 per night hold placed on ccard which tied up $150 of spending money, in addition when I inquired about parking was told that it would be $30 per night yeah right. Lucky for me I was able to find street parking for free as I arrived on a Friday. The room although designed nicely felt boxy, no tub in bathroom or lid for toilet leaving my personals falling in the toilet I did not lol. no toilet paper holder no closet space. I was not impressed. I would never stay there again. still awaiting release of my $150 on hold.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank 3rdshift4trips
Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was a cute hotel located close to the beach and the conference center. It was clean and quaint. The staff was exceptional. They were super friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The pool was heated so even though our weekend was rainy and windy I was able to enjoy the warm pool. Check in/out process was quick and easy.

Cons: Parking is not included in the price. The nearest parking garage costs $30 a day to park.
There is only one parking spot for guest that need to unload/load their car in front of the hotel. We came at a busy time and had to wait for a significant time to be able to park so we can check in and get our bags. There is not even a place to wait so we had to drive around the block several times before we could park.
While enjoying the warm pool that windy day my clothes, towel, hat, and sunglasses were blown off the chair onto the ground. The bellboy accidently ran over my sun glasses with his luggage cart. He picked them up and place them on the chair I got out of the pool and my glasses were bent beyond use. They were inexpensive glasses (around $40) so I was not outraged just frustrated. I called the front desk and they sent the bell boy and he said he would get me a new pair or comp me the price. He asked me how much and I said $40, he asked me where I got them and I said Naples. He left and I laid down for a nap. A while later I was awakened by a knock at the door. It was the bell boy with a big smile and my sunglasses. He said "all better" and handed me the glasses. Half asleep I took them and said thank you. I laid on the bed and put the glasses on my face.....they were really lopsided...I looked and noticed that they were the same glasses he unsuccessfully tried to bend back into place. This really made me mad. I would have been happy if he had even attempted to bring a replacement but he did not. So unfortunately I left the hotel with a sour taste.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, we stayed in the back and there was no elevator to get to our room. We h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were relocated to this hotel at short notice and was not sure what to expect. Once we got over the issue of the rooms allocated we enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Located on James Ave a short walk to the beach, local shops and nightlife. It is a pleasant art deco hotel with pleasant staff and house keeping. Nice pool area with good sun loungers. A nice area of Miami which was safe for walking around in the early hours of the morning (we were in Miami celebrating birthdays) Overall a great holiday in miami and the bonus was being there for halloween. Also made particularly memorable by the staff at this hotel. Andre and James, you are amazing and a credit to the hotel. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Large rooms on 2nd floor facing garden
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Pestana is located in James Av, just one block away from Collins Av, the heart of South Beach. Is a nice hotel, with good service and a enjoyable pool. From there you can walk to anywhere in South Beach.
The staff is very polite and multilingual.
A really good option for this popular area of Miami.

Room Tip: If you have a car, there is a garage nearby with a special rate for Pestana costumers. Take it. Is a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SEBASTIAN C
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
It'll be a pleasure to serve you again in your next trip to Miami.
We hope to welcome you soon!
Regards,