“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upon arrival outside and lobby area looks great staff was helpful however, although room was paid for was told there would be an additional $50 per night hold placed on ccard which tied up $150 of spending money, in addition when I inquired about parking was told that it would be $30 per night yeah right. Lucky for me I was able to find street parking for free as I arrived on a Friday. The room although designed nicely felt boxy, no tub in bathroom or lid for toilet leaving my personals falling in the toilet I did not lol. no toilet paper holder no closet space. I was not impressed. I would never stay there again. still awaiting release of my $150 on hold.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was a cute hotel located close to the beach and the conference center. It was clean and quaint. The staff was exceptional. They were super friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The pool was heated so even though our weekend was rainy and windy I was able to enjoy the warm pool. Check in/out process was quick and easy.

Cons: Parking is not included in the price. The nearest parking garage costs $30 a day to park.
There is only one parking spot for guest that need to unload/load their car in front of the hotel. We came at a busy time and had to wait for a significant time to be able to park so we can check in and get our bags. There is not even a place to wait so we had to drive around the block several times before we could park.
While enjoying the warm pool that windy day my clothes, towel, hat, and sunglasses were blown off the chair onto the ground. The bellboy accidently ran over my sun glasses with his luggage cart. He picked them up and place them on the chair I got out of the pool and my glasses were bent beyond use. They were inexpensive glasses (around $40) so I was not outraged just frustrated. I called the front desk and they sent the bell boy and he said he would get me a new pair or comp me the price. He asked me how much and I said $40, he asked me where I got them and I said Naples. He left and I laid down for a nap. A while later I was awakened by a knock at the door. It was the bell boy with a big smile and my sunglasses. He said "all better" and handed me the glasses. Half asleep I took them and said thank you. I laid on the bed and put the glasses on my face.....they were really lopsided...I looked and noticed that they were the same glasses he unsuccessfully tried to bend back into place. This really made me mad. I would have been happy if he had even attempted to bring a replacement but he did not. So unfortunately I left the hotel with a sour taste.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, we stayed in the back and there was no elevator to get to our room. We h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were relocated to this hotel at short notice and was not sure what to expect. Once we got over the issue of the rooms allocated we enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Located on James Ave a short walk to the beach, local shops and nightlife. It is a pleasant art deco hotel with pleasant staff and house keeping. Nice pool area with good sun loungers. A nice area of Miami which was safe for walking around in the early hours of the morning (we were in Miami celebrating birthdays) Overall a great holiday in miami and the bonus was being there for halloween. Also made particularly memorable by the staff at this hotel. Andre and James, you are amazing and a credit to the hotel. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Large rooms on 2nd floor facing garden
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Pestana is located in James Av, just one block away from Collins Av, the heart of South Beach. Is a nice hotel, with good service and a enjoyable pool. From there you can walk to anywhere in South Beach.
The staff is very polite and multilingual.
A really good option for this popular area of Miami.

Room Tip: If you have a car, there is a garage nearby with a special rate for Pestana costumers. Take it. Is a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
It'll be a pleasure to serve you again in your next trip to Miami.
We hope to welcome you soon!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is not the fanciest hotel but it's still pretty cute. I loved the decor of the room I stated in. It's a great location. The beach is 3-4 minutes away(walking). In addition to that, the staff members are very friendly. The only major issue is the elevator- it's sooooo slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Joao A, General Manager at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
We were glad to understand your satisfaction regarding the room’s décor, location and mostly, the team attitude!
We look forward for your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is located in south beach miami.
The staff is very nice, they made us a upgrade on our room, Paolo the bellman is very funny and helpfull, anything you need just ask him.
You have Collins avenue just at 2 min walk.
The hotel is real art deco.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor.
When possible we do upgrade our guests in order to provide them the best possible experience at our property, we are glad to hear this was the case!
Thank you for your kind words to Paolo, we will surely share them with him.
Hope to have the chance to have as our guest in the near future.
Fort Pierce, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A friend and I were searching the internet for a wonderful deco hotel on south beach - we certainly found one! We loved our large and luxurious deluxe king room, the lovely bathroom, and all the amenities - great pool and super comfortable pool seating - The best part was that every person we encountered was fabulous - no matter what role a staff member had, we were treated as esteemed guests - What a great way to spend a few days!!

Room Tip: The deluxe king was just a few dollars more than the regular room and was very spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with other travelers such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay at Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel.
We were delighted to hear you had the chance to experience Memorable Moments in our company!
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our facilities and team, we hope to welcome you again very soon.
João Paulo Araújo

Been to Pestana South Beach Art Deco Hotel? Share your experiences!