“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 34 Dessert in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: We make our own Gelato base daily with fresh ingredients. Our dairy flavors use low-fat milk with cream and no butters, while our Sorbettos are made with seasonal fruit. Exclusive ingredient include prestigious Pistacchio from Bronte (Sicily) and Nocciola (Hazelnut) from Piemonte. We also offer Italian Pastries and coffee.
denver, Colorado, USA
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Apparently a new place on south beach, we checked it out based on trip advisor reviews. It was awesome! Italian owners, made right here in south beach. Delicious and rich. Try it out. A little taste of Italy in Miami.

1 Thank denvertraveler06

New York City, New York
“A review that matters...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

As having spent many summers in Italy, I can definitely say I have tasted a fair share of "real' Italian gelato. I have to laugh at the negative comments that complain about having "few" flavors. This place has some of the best gelato found on this side of the Atlantic. The ingredients are of the highest quality and come through in the unique flavors offered. I actually respect a place that has fewer "gusti" so that I know they are fresh and move quicker. Aside from the staples of pistachio, nutella and nocciola, this place also has some "specials" on a rotating basis. If you're ever there for the cannoli, please try it...It really does taste like a Sicilian cannoli--citron bits and all! If you're looking for an "ice-cream" go do yourself a favor and buy something out of a deli freezer for 2 bucks. If you want a seriously creamy indulgence, then try one from here.

3 Thank Always4Travelling
“Best gelato I have ever eaten, no joke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Home made Italian gelato. This place has absolutely amazing gelato, you will not be disappointed!! We went there multiple times in our few days in Miami because we enjoyed it so much. The highlights were the pistachio, the strawberry and the coconut, as well as the smoothies. There is not a huge selection, but the quality more than compensates for this. 5 stars!

2 Thank Wid88
“Finally the real Italian gelato in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Guys finally the real Italian gelato in USA!!!
As Italian and above all as gelato crazy eater fan I have finally found my favorite gelato in US.
Working and traveling around States I like to try Italian gelato and a lot of time I'm impressed in the negative way. The flavor and the taste are unfortunately and often far away from a real Italian gelato. Here in SoBe Miami let's try nocciola and pistachio, close your eyes and you can feel in the costiera Amalfitana.
Likely I live in Miami and when I want to feel home I can eat this great gelato every time.
Well done guys.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pippamo
“I honestly don't understand how this is #9”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We had seen this place before we even left for out trip to South Beach. I read reviews before we went. It seemed to have mixed reviews. After trying it out, I would say that the gelato wasn't anything to get excited about. I expected it to be cold inside like an ice cream palor usually is. It was actually quite hot inside. Which may explain why the gelato was so warm. I got the Nutella gelato. The flavor was ok but I certainly didn't feel like I was eating gelato. It was more like thick, room temperature Nutella brownie batter...even thicker though...fudge-like. If I wanted gelato again, I would absolutely go somewhere else.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lovezubrus
alex692, Owner at Gelato-go South Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your review. Our Nutella Gelato is one of our most popular and appreciated flavors. It is very rich and usually should be coupled with another smoother flavor. When we open the case to serve Gelato, in order to conserve the product we have to shut down the air condictioned temporarly, that's why you had the impression the place was warm.

Come back anytime!