“Best gelato I have ever eaten, no joke!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 841 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: We make our own Gelato base daily with fresh ingredients. Our dairy flavors use low-fat milk with cream and no butters, while our Sorbettos are made with seasonal fruit. Exclusive ingredient include prestigious Pistacchio from Bronte (Sicily) and Nocciola (Hazelnut) from Piemonte. We also offer Italian Pastries and coffee.
“Best gelato I have ever eaten, no joke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Home made Italian gelato. This place has absolutely amazing gelato, you will not be disappointed!! We went there multiple times in our few days in Miami because we enjoyed it so much. The highlights were the pistachio, the strawberry and the coconut, as well as the smoothies. There is not a huge selection, but the quality more than compensates for this. 5 stars!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Finally the real Italian gelato in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Guys finally the real Italian gelato in USA!!!
As Italian and above all as gelato crazy eater fan I have finally found my favorite gelato in US.
Working and traveling around States I like to try Italian gelato and a lot of time I'm impressed in the negative way. The flavor and the taste are unfortunately and often far away from a real Italian gelato. Here in SoBe Miami let's try nocciola and pistachio, close your eyes and you can feel in the costiera Amalfitana.
Likely I live in Miami and when I want to feel home I can eat this great gelato every time.
Well done guys.

Visited August 2013
“I honestly don't understand how this is #9”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We had seen this place before we even left for out trip to South Beach. I read reviews before we went. It seemed to have mixed reviews. After trying it out, I would say that the gelato wasn't anything to get excited about. I expected it to be cold inside like an ice cream palor usually is. It was actually quite hot inside. Which may explain why the gelato was so warm. I got the Nutella gelato. The flavor was ok but I certainly didn't feel like I was eating gelato. It was more like thick, room temperature Nutella brownie batter...even thicker though...fudge-like. If I wanted gelato again, I would absolutely go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
alex692, Owner at Gelato-go South Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your review. Our Nutella Gelato is one of our most popular and appreciated flavors. It is very rich and usually should be coupled with another smoother flavor. When we open the case to serve Gelato, in order to conserve the product we have to shut down the air condictioned temporarly, that's why you had the impression the place was warm.

Come back anytime!

Gelato-go Staff
Lemesos, Limassol, Cyprus
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was very nice ice cream. Bit overrated, as I really was expecting something far more amazing from the other reviews!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The gelato here is not Authentic italian or anything of the sort. I asked for a pistachio flavor and I was given hazelnut flavor instead after being told the pistachios "were flown in from sicily" LOL i swear he said that

I ordered an espresso and the owner used a nespresso machine to make it and charged 2.50 for a 60 cent capsule

He tried to get us to sit down so we wouldnt see him use the nespresso.

Abosolutely no atmosphere just a room with a freezer and nespresso I have no idea why this is place is so highly rated on tripadvisor. its suspicious ....we were fooled and robbed...dont be next...go anywhere else lol

• Visited July 2013