“I honestly don't understand how this is #9” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 843 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: We make our own Gelato base daily with fresh ingredients. Our dairy flavors use low-fat milk with cream and no butters, while our Sorbettos are made with seasonal fruit. Exclusive ingredient include prestigious Pistacchio from Bronte (Sicily) and Nocciola (Hazelnut) from Piemonte. We also offer Italian Pastries and coffee.
“I honestly don't understand how this is #9”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We had seen this place before we even left for out trip to South Beach. I read reviews before we went. It seemed to have mixed reviews. After trying it out, I would say that the gelato wasn't anything to get excited about. I expected it to be cold inside like an ice cream palor usually is. It was actually quite hot inside. Which may explain why the gelato was so warm. I got the Nutella gelato. The flavor was ok but I certainly didn't feel like I was eating gelato. It was more like thick, room temperature Nutella brownie batter...even thicker though...fudge-like. If I wanted gelato again, I would absolutely go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
alex692, Owner at Gelato-go South Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your review. Our Nutella Gelato is one of our most popular and appreciated flavors. It is very rich and usually should be coupled with another smoother flavor. When we open the case to serve Gelato, in order to conserve the product we have to shut down the air condictioned temporarly, that's why you had the impression the place was warm.

Come back anytime!

Gelato-go Staff

• Polish first
Lemesos, Limassol, Cyprus
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was very nice ice cream. Bit overrated, as I really was expecting something far more amazing from the other reviews!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The gelato here is not Authentic italian or anything of the sort. I asked for a pistachio flavor and I was given hazelnut flavor instead after being told the pistachios "were flown in from sicily" LOL i swear he said that

I ordered an espresso and the owner used a nespresso machine to make it and charged 2.50 for a 60 cent capsule

He tried to get us to sit down so we wouldnt see him use the nespresso.

Abosolutely no atmosphere just a room with a freezer and nespresso I have no idea why this is place is so highly rated on tripadvisor. its suspicious ....we were fooled and robbed...dont be next...go anywhere else lol

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm
“Not so good that I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My expectation was high when I saw the reviews at Tripadvisor. But I was a little bit disappointed. Modest number of flavours ice cream. But it taste very well.

Visited June 2013
alex692, Owner at Gelato-go South Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi dear customer,

we appreciate your feedback. Although we have only 12 flavors available at this time, we rotate them everyday, as we produce them fresh every morning. We hope you'll come back soon and taste the new ones!

Thanks

Gelato-go Staff
New York City, New York
“i love ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Try the cheesecake is the best. Location is very chic and clean. My hotel was right in front. had to have it everyday on my stay.

Visited July 2013