“Great Day Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #51 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Islamorada, Florida
“Great Day Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We spent the day at The James for Miami Spa month. We have done this multiple times in different hotels in Miami Beach and the staff at The James was one of the best we've ever experienced. From the Valet, the host and waitress at Florida cookery, the beach & pool staff and specially the Spa staff, everyone delivered consistent great service & superb friendly positive attitude, which is rare in Miami Beach.
The friendly, detailed oriented staff makes up for the bad massages we had at the Spa.
We get massages many times a year and unfortunately Renew Spa massages were a dissapointment. We were in the couples room and chose deep, reflexology and aromatherapy.
I highly recomend their therapists get more training, and I am dissapointed they advertise their foot rubdown as reflexology. We've had real reflexology multiple times, unfortunately our two therapists do not know what reflexology is. Overall both massages we had were lacking any real muscle work. They were just oil rubdowns.
Having said that there are many details that make up for the bad massages: fabulous service, comfy massage beds, nice details with a salt scrub, wine and great outside relaxation area with oceanview afterwards.
We used the pool, the beach, the restaurant and we loved it so much we are booking a weekend to come back and stay at the hotel.
Unfortunately we will not be getting massages again just because it is not worth to just have oil rubbed in your body, rather go to more experineced therapists at close by spas.
We give it a 4 star because the experience overall exceeded our expectations with the superb staff. Like my boyfriend said: "at the end of the day who cares if we got a bad massage, we had a great day and we are coming back"

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thanks for the review. I love the details shared and I’m happy to read that you enjoyed most of your experience. I will talk to the spa team about your concerns. Thanks again for the posting and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for two nights recently, and felt like a King while at the resort. The food was amazing and the staff was even better. I received a wonderful experience & pain relief at the Spa.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please hurry back soon. Take care!
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location near the art deco strip, espanola way and the lincoln mall. The beach and pool were very nice. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. Good value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the contribution and wonderful comments. We hope to have you back in Miami Beach next year or sooner.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

First time I have ever stayed here and the staff is out of this world. They do everything with a genuine smile on their face, help with anything you may want or need, and the rooms are impeccable. If you can get an ocean view, it is spectacular. Treat yourself to food and drinks at the pool, they're to die for. Can not thank the staff enough for making this trip such a wonderful experience and a memory to last a lifetime!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow! Thanks for the generous comments. I’m very happy to hear we were able to deliver a memorable experience during your stay with us. We have made tremendous efforts to create the right experience for our guests and it looks like we were successful here. We look forward to having you with us on your next vacation.
Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Location, location... Being at the start of Ocean Drive you get the best of both worlds- peace and tranquility, with the excitement a short walk away. The atmosphere and decor is quintessential Miami, The grounds are maintained and decorated beautifully. The front-desk is efficient, well-trained and personable.The mattress is one of the best I've experienced, even better than Westin's Heavenly. The pool staff is excellent as are bartenders and servers. Lunch at Florida Cookery Patio was delicious, Pool is perfect size and temperature and hot tub is Hot! Acoustics in pool area are superb as is music selection. If you are over age of 22 and wish to stay in Sobe, this is your hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thanks for the great posting. We will certainly share the posting with our team. Lots to celebrate! We can’t wait to have you back again in Miami Beach. See you soon.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We booked The James Royal Palm almost 3 months before our visit. We visit Miami 3-4 times per year and was looking to try out a new hotel. I am an avid user of Yelp and other review sites. I thought I had done my homework - I saw lots of good reviews and thought I was good to go. Don't let these fool you, like they did me. You are WAY better off booking a nearby hotel (Loews?) at a very comparable rate. My stay was disastrous. This review will make it sound like I am a curmudgeon old man, but I assure you I am not.

Let's cover the bad first:
- The air conditioning broke during our stay and was never properly fixed. The rooms were warmer than outside. Everything was very stuffy and almost unbearable to sleep in. We received no apology and this is the biggest reason for the 1 star rating.
- This one is only partially the hotels fault - I do realize that. During one night of our stay, they allowed 3 rooms to party from 3-5AM and it was incredibly loud. Banging of doors, lots of people hanging out in the hallways. There is absolutely no way anybody slept on our floor during this time. It took 4 calls to the front desk to even get anything done.
- Resort fee is now $25/day, not $21/day as some others have mentioned. This is on top the regular rate. This is for chairs and umbrellas on the beach. You get charged this whether or not you use it
- Breakfast buffet at $30/person + automatic gratuity of 18% is a joke. The buffet was absolutely pathetic. There were no large plates to use and the buffet seriously needed to be restocked. Do yourself a favour and do not eat the breakfast here, nearby hotels have MUCH better breakfasts at the same or at a cheaper rate
- They forgot to clean my room one day and despite asking the Front desk to have my room cleaned that night, it just did not happen
- Keycard needed to be exchanged 4 times during my stay because it stopped working
- WiFi is spotty
- Very poor soundproofing - you can hear everything around you

Good:
- Rooms are very modern looking and have been nicely designed
- Location is great
- The provided toiletries are very nice, they use organic soaps which is cool

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Warm evening breezes caress my feet as I lie on my queenn size lounge chair just feet from the Crystal blue waters..What a wonderful day thanks to Andy and Nathan from the beach team at the James hotel!!
Being S Fla locals of course we hadn't done the whole tourist experience of renting a beach cabana to spend a day like the rich and famous. Nathan made us feel very welcome even though we weren't hotel guests and set us up like royalty in the front row on the beach. The extra money is definitely worth it since you are front row with a huge day bed multiple umbrellas and the best service on the sand thanks to Andy!
Mojitos for the adults and and complementary water and fruit made a perfect day really special for my niece who was visiting from Europe :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for joining us at the beach. I’m happy to read that Andy and Nathan were able to take care of you. We will certainly recognize them for their efforts. See you again soon in beautiful Miami Beach.

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!