“Great location, good atmosphere , spacious / light one bed room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #92 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lugano, Switzerland
“Great location, good atmosphere , spacious / light one bed room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We are a family with 2 teenage kids and this hotel was ideal. We had the one bedroom / sitting room option with 2 extra beds for the kids which worked out well. Room is light , clean and spacious enough. Staff very friendly. Location is great - can walk to the Art Deco Area, shops and restaurants. Beach right by the hotel. Free bike rental and did some good cycling around South Miami and downtown. This part of Miami is buzzing - lots of people watching ! Kids loved it .

Room Tip: We had the one bedroom suite on the second floor with easy pool access. Also a nice seating area jus...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank SwissyLugano
Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks for the posting. It’s great to hear that you joined us with your family. As you already know, our bikes are a great amenity for a ride in Miami Beach. We also have additional activations like games and Lil James with a selection of arts and crafts for families. I hope we have the family back for a visit soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The front desk staff are amazing. The rooms are very nice! The rest of the staff was lacking. Some of the servers and house keeping are quite rude. The beach was amazing and most of the service was good. The service was actually better at the beach then it was at the pools. The location is perfect. The food wasn't so good. The drinks were not the quality I was expecting for the price. The pools are nice. I would probably return. If I could change anything I would update the servers/wait staff and housekeeping on a little customer service.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Pinkpantherx3
Richard H, Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for the review. I appreciate the mention about our front desk and beach team. I will talk to the additional departments and address the lack of service. Once again, many thanks for the feedback and I hope to see you again in Miami Beach soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I just had the time of our life staying at The James Royal Palm in Miami. Without gushing on for paragraph after paragraph, I'd like to mention some standouts. Melody at check in, instantly made us feel at home. She was pleasant, informative, and took excellent care of us which made our first impression, spot on. Unfortunately I didn't catch any of the doormen/bellmen names but they were always there to assist with a smile and an offer of a bottled water on the extra hot days. Florian, the Chef Concierge, made remarkable recommendations which heightened our stay tremendously! He was an integral part of our stay for sure and you must stop to see him for ideas! John and Rob at the poolside bar were excellent with the drinks as well as great info about nearby things to do as well. I booked a signature renew massage and Elizabeth was beyond amazing - she helped me choose the best three modalities for me and helped me with some trouble spots that I didn't even know needed help!
All in all, this hotel is incredible and I will highly recommend it and hopefully return soon!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank FireFly2727
Thanks for all the names mentioned in your posting. They are an important ingredient to our service and I appreciate all their efforts. We will recognize their contribution. Thanks again for the post and we look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice outside space for relaxing. Beach amenities.. just right.
Bed very comfortable. Nice housekeeping staff. Great location for all the South Beach action.
Did not eat in the restaurant, but the atmosphere looked very nice! I want my dining room to look like that. :-)

Room Tip: 17th floor had A/C noise, I guess from the roof.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Lucinda E
Thanks for the posting. I’m happy to hear that we delivered the right experience for you. We hope to have you again soon.
Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Great place to spend a couple of days. Location is close to almost everything in Miami Beach (shopping, restaurants). The rooms are spacious, bar and restaurant state of the art for that class of hotel. I also liked the service at the hotel beach. Specifically worth to mention is the very competent and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mastif4711
Thanks for the recommendation. It’s great to read that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and service. We look forward to your next trip to Miami Beach. Thanks again and see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed in an ocean front room for a great price of $240 a night. I would not stay here if it cost any more than that. Check in started off promising, with the great aid of Marlon. There was something wrong with my room, so Marlon paced me in a temp room because I had a splitting headache. What great service! Once in my booked room, I had to call down after 40 minutes of waiting for my bag. They couldn't find it! The guest services person was not friendly, and had sarcastic undertones. My bag arrived after 1 hour. I realized that the mini bar had not been restocked prior to my arrival. I called down to report, so as not to be charged upon checkout, and again was met by the same sarcastic male on the phone. Of course the tv didn't work. I cringed when I had to call, and again endure the same man on the phone. Nothing I called down for was inappropriate or "pest like", but he sure made me feel like he thought I was a nut!

The room was splendid. The view was spectacular. The bed was uber comfortable. The vibe in the hotel was great. We tried the spa, and it was glorious! One of the best massages I've ever had.

The service in the hotel was interesting. Everyone was willing to help, or attend to us, but NOBODY did it with a smile or a friendly attitude. Perhaps it was the heat, but the staff seemed so unhappy to be dealing with people. We went down to the outdoor restaurant by the pool one afternoon, and left after 15 minutes of being ignored by the many staff standing around. We also went to the breakfast buffet one morning and paid WAY too much for cold eggs, soggy bacon, and some fruit.

The room was fantastic, so I would stay again, but only if the price is right. This was a trial for this hotel, but I think we'll stick to our usual MB hotel next door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for the details in your review. I’m sorry to hear about your arrival experience and additional issues experienced during your stay. I will certainly talk to the teams to better our service. I appreciate the feedback and hope that you will give us another try in the near future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic stay.
Start with the check in, Lakeisha (I hope in spelling her name right) was a gem very helpful and attentive she described everything I needed to know about the hotel and then some. The hotel is a nice boutique hotel between 15 and 16 on Collins. It has a nice pool with limited umbrellas so get there early if you plan on spending the morning by the pool. Also please tip the pool girl she hustles all day and I see some of you just kind of brush her off after she sets up your chairs and umbrella, you know who you are you cheapo. Anyway the beach is right on the property as well so if the pool gets full go to the beach they will set you up with a chair and an umbrella as well, tip him as well. They will bring you food and drinks if you want. Raquel is very pleasant and is constantly walking around to see if you need a drink or food.
The hotel is perfectly situated between ocean drive and Lincoln road you can walk to both or use one of the hotels bicycles (they are free) to troll the streets.
Breakfast by the Florida cookery is fine you can do the buffet or a la carte. They both come out to be about the same price 60-70. This time the food looked better for some reason. The happy gentlemen with the sunglasses that greeted us for breakfast puts you in a good mood instantly.

I enjoy the acknowledgement from all of the staff as you walk through the hotel lobby or property, it makes you feel important (good job)

Now for the :(
We were by the pool and the supervisor came and told me to turn down my little Bose speaker because it interfered with their choice of music (boo) I say to that. I just think he was jealous of my tunes.

Marlon forgot to tell the valet to retrieve my car from the parking lot when I called down from my room. It was hot out there waiting for the car.

Those are the only negatives I had this weekend. Until next time.

I will post pictures later.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank sinister27
Thanks for the details in your review. I appreciate the mention about Lakeisha, Raquel, and the team. I’m also happy to read that you enjoyed the location and amenities. I'm sorry to hear about the feedback but it is much appreciated and I will talk to the team members so we can better the experience. Don’t wait too long to come back. See you soon and thanks for the contribution!