“Great location on Southbeach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$200 daily hotel credit
Ranked #34 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
sydney
“Great location on Southbeach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights in an ocean front room post cruise. The room was nice and modern, though could have been cleaner (house keeping very hit and miss)! Comfortable bed and great views across southbeach! The staff were all very professional and friendly. Nice pool, overall great atmosphere. Very convenient location, Lincoln Road 2 blocks north, Ocean drive a block south. Would stay here again if we could grab a cheap deal.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Ocean FRONT room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard H, Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I appreciate the contribution and feedback. I hope you enjoyed your cruise and thanks for stopping by before returning home. Our location is fantastic for all those wanting to experience Miami Beach. Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road are 2 blocks away by walk. Thanks for the mention about the team members and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nicely designed hotels with complete facilities and comfortable room, staff are very friendly and helpful, service at the restaurant during breakfast was fast even though it was busy due to delegates of conference, and the foods was outstanding! I would highly recommend for those visiting Miami for either leisure or business to stay at The James!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Richard H, Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I appreciate the posting. It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed the friendly service and culinary experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was my second visit to the hotel - and even better this time because I was with my girlfriend. The staff is great, especially Jason who is the bartender inside the lobby bar. And all of the wait staff around the pool and at the restaurant are great. Very friendly and very attentive. We had a great weekend!

• Stayed June 2014
I’m happy to hear that this was your second visit. I appreciate the mention about Jason. We will celebrate his efforts. Thanks again and come back soon.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

All employess treated us royally even though we weren't staying in the penthouse suite. The hotel is clean and inviting. Although the room was very small for four adults, we crammed in and had a great time. The pool and jacuzzi were clean. The cabana at the beach was a great idea to keep shaded so it was worth the $150 for the day. We ordered food by the pool and beach and although the portions were a little small, everything was very good. The prices in South Beach are outrageous anyway, so the food and drinks were in line.
We stayed in a 'city view' but could see the beach because we were near the end on a high floor. I'm glad we didn't pay extra for the beach view.
The best quality of this hotel is the service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Richard H, Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for the great posting. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the service. We are always making efforts to provide the right experience for all guests. We hope to have you back in Miami Beach soon.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a nice hotel with excellent service, but I'm not sure it is worth the premium. My main observation is that the rooms, while nicely decorated, are small. I had an ocean front room with a balcony, which you might think would be a little larger. The front desk service is excellent, and the service mentality is great as other reviewers have stated. The location is terrific, and the common areas are very nice. The outside restaurant had gotten over run the morning we ate there. We waited a long time for a table. We then waited even longer for a server to come over. The manager apologized and brought coffee himself. But the kicker was that they tried to give away our table when we went to the buffet. These things happen, but when you are paying a huge premium, they shouldn't. The beach cabanas are nice, and the service there is very attentive. Overall, nice place but I don't think it was worth the extra money

Room Tip: They have two towers. One is above the spa and only a few stories high, we stayed in the main tower.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the comments and mention about the services received during your stay. I’m sorry to hear about the confusion during your meal. I will follow up with the restaurant team to stop such issues as described.

I hope you will give another opportunity in the near future. Don’t forget to visit us at jameshotels.com for specials and promotions.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Let me start off by saying I have stayed a few different places in South Beach, but this one by far is the best I have stayed at. Front desk is very helpful as well as the entire concierge team. They all work extra hard to make sure your stay is worth it. The two pools are great and the private beach access allows you to go directly to the beach without having to deal with ocean drive. I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: The 17th floor has the most amazing view of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the posting. It’s great to hear that our hotel was able to stand out in Miami Beach. We certainly hope you make The James Royal Palm your second home. I will pass the recognition to the front desk and concierge teams. See you soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Scarlet at the front desk was fabulous. I wanted to take her home in my bag. I think the hotel, overall, has a really good service mentality. The people at the bar and restaurant were really good and I tipped them accordingly. They were always quick with a smile and asking how they could help or if they could get me something. It's hard to set up that orientation if it's not there, so congratulations to the James on that.

The facilities were great. We used the gym every day (partly because it was so rainy) and the only thing I could recommend there is an additional weight bench. There was only one, so if someone was using it we had to wait. Florida cookery was very nice, too. I think we had something there just about every day. The fried green tomato BLT was awesome, even without the bacon, but really everything was really good. They also have that great seating area off the lobby with little nooks and crannies where people can sit with a drink to talk.

Overall it's a tremendous improvement over its predecessor. The James owners have done a great job with the place and the art really frames up the whole environment in a nice way (no pun intended.) I didn't get to visit Catch but on the last night we came by after closing and asked if we could have a couple of cocktails on the porch if we promised not to interrupt the close-up. They were more than gracious and poured me a wicked tumbler of Basil Hayden to go with my Cohiba. Great service! We're coming back!

Room Tip: There are two seats by the back of the pool that are mounted on arched poles so you can tuck inside...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the details in your review. I appreciate the mention about Scarlet. She has been a great contributor to our guest experience at The James Royal Palm.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities. I will talk to the team about your feedback on the Gym and your culinary experience. Thanks again for your time and see you soon!

Been to The James Royal Palm? Share your experiences!