“The best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach
“The best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel was amazing - they have the best staff I've ever worked with. The hotel is so relaxing and has everything you need. The rooms are extremely comfortable; even the shower supplies are amazing! The hotel is in the perfect location also!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eddie T, Asst General Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We certainly appreciate your comments and hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I will start off by saying that I was not a guest at this hotel but if I am on your property, utilizing your services, I shouldn't be treated any differently.

On October 30th, 2013 My purse was stolen poolside at The James Royal Palm Hotel. I was staying with guest next door at the Loews hotel (she checked out on this day but was granted access to still use all of their amenities) but their pool was shut down due to filming. They were originally sending all of their guests to the Ritz Hotel but since it was full my coworker and I were sent over to The James Royal Palm.

I would say we were there for about 30min and I wanted to order food from the bar. I walked over to my pool chair and realized my entire purse was gone. I immediately notified the bartender and he then called security. There was no sense of urgency when it came to handling this matter. I am a 3 year Hospitality Professional and I could tell that they were not properly trained on how to handle a situation like this.

When I told security to go look at the footage, the young lady informed me that someone came from the back gate took my purse and walked back out. In order for you to get in from the back you need a hotel room key. When I had asked was this a hotel guests she said no and how someone didn't close the back gate all the way and they were able to get in. This purse had my cell phone, Car Keys, Wallet, House Keys, etc. What was unsettling to me about this situation is that they did not even offer a room for me to stay for the night knowing I had no keys to my apartment and car. What kind of customer service is that? It was more of a, well you're not a hotel guests so we don't really care. Once the cops arrived for me to do a police report, they felt as though their job was done. Security at the hotel told me I could file a claim but nothing else could be done.

Fast Forward, two weeks out No ONE from the hotel insurance company has called me to file a claim. I have followed up with Alberto (Director of Loss and Prevention) numerous times and still NOTHING. He even told me that someone jumped over the gate, took my purse and jumped back over (The security officer that night gave me a DIFFERENT story).I was given comments like "This happens all the time," "If you file a claim most likely you won't get reimbursed," etc. Someone that has to go through the hassle of getting all NEW ID's, car keys, house keys, atm/bank card, etc does not want to hear that.

At this point I am fed up, and I will not refer this hotel to ANYONE!!!! If you don't mind staying at a hotel that doesn't care if your stuff gets stolen, then by all means, The James Royal Palm is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
As we have personally spoken, I again apologize for the issues you have encountered. It is certainly most unfortunate that your items were left unattended and resulted in the occurrence you mentioned. We have been in communication with you quite a few times regarding the issue. I am truly sorry that this happened.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for our first trip to South Beach together. It was fantastic.

We stayed in a loft suite, ocean view. The room was lovely and the view was epic. Modern, clean room and a fully stocked mini bar! Reasonably priced if I may say so.
We ate at their restaurant 3 time during our stay. The food is excellent and the waitstaff were so nice.
The concierge was helpful it getting us reservations to nearby restaurants and telling us which clubs and bars were worth our time. He helped us book jetskiing and kayaking...he made all the calls and reservations. We just told them what we wanted and they took it from there!
The front desk help no matter what, even at 3am when we returned and were hungry, we could tell them what we wanted, go up to our room and have the food there in a short amount of time.
The beach was a short short walk and there were staff there to set up where we wanted to lounge and provide what we need.
The pool and hottub were...beyond wonderful. The waterfall hottub late at night made me not want to leave.
We didnt get a chance to use the spa...we were busy with other things.
I can't stress how lovely this place is. This was the perfect choice for our miami trip.
You may spend a little money, but its well worth it.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view! Its lovely. Also we went during the down season in Nov, so it was not crowded...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
What a great review! Thank you for your comments. It was wonderful to read that you were able to utilize so many of our amenities. Looks like you will have to return soon so you can use the spa!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is Superb! Located very central, in the middle of everything. It seems every room has at least partial ocean view. The room was rather small (maybe 250 sq. ft.?) , but perfectly suitable for a couple. The bed and pillows are VERY comfy and high quality. My only problem with the room was - the bathroom door does not lock...
Michael G. at the Front Desk was very helpful, friendly and professional.
David at the beach, was really nice too, even we did not order anything from him. We just asked for a cup of ice and he brought two right away!
The James box is a nice touch!
Overall the James hotel has an awesome design and artistic touches.
Thank you all, we'll recommend your hotel to our friends!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at The James Royal Palm. We certainly appreciate that you had such nice things to say. Your comments regarding the bathroom doors have been noted and we are looking at options that may work in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The James Royal Palm is a great place to stay, both for business and for relaxation. Right across from the beach, and easy access to Ocean Drive and Lincoln Rd., this is the place to be. Art Deco and an old hotel, it's been completely remodeled with an eye to keeping the look and feel of the original style. Bed was very comfortable, lots of room to move around with a large bathroom with a walk-in shower. I definitely felt pampered even though it was business.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was great to read that we made you feel pampered. Hopefully your next visit can be more relaxation and less business. We appreciate that you chose The James Royal Palm and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good place to relax and forget about everything!! Swimming pool near hotel. Ocean drive in one minute by car. Of course the most important thing here... is nightlife! All the bars and clubs are nearby. The hotel has the best location!

Room Tip: Had the room with the view on the sea. That's cool. Picturesque view right from your window! I l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the property. We are glad to hear that we were able to provide the environment and close proximity to everything you wanted to do in South Beach. We certainly think our location is perfect too!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The girls and I have been meeting up in Miami for 3 years now. Every year we stay at the W South Beach. Unfortunately the price just wasn't right and we decided to look else where. A friend our girl friend said she stayed at the James Royal Palm and it was perfect. She talked it up so much it would have been insulting to chose a different place. The price WAS right! From the moment we exited the cab we were greeted by warm smiles and friendly faces. We were handed cool towels and wonderful water! Cesar and Nicholas were amazing. Very helpful with ideas to dine and night life to indulge in. Nicholas and his "Sensational" greeting was perfect. Every time we saw him, he made us smile, and that's because everyday was just that... Sensational!
The pool area is GREAT!!! A little basket with water and an apple right when we settled in was handed to us. Plus a little plate of fresh fruits about a half hour later. It was PERFECT! No! It was SENSATIONAL! Please send Cesar and Nicholas our thanks. You have such a wonderful staff, but those two gentlemen definitely stood out to us.
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at The James Royal Palm, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We can't wait to have you back next year for another SENSATIONAL visit! I will certainly pass along all of your lovely comments about Cesar and Nicholas. We are glad you found your new spot...and we're it!

Been to The James Royal Palm? Share your experiences!