You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have never before written a review on trip advisor and I worked as a travel agent for 3 years. So first off my apologies for not sharing my expereinces before but trust me when I say it is very hard to impress me and certainly extremely hard to impress me enough that I have to write a review! After such a wonderful experience I left the James longing to return.

Let's get the bad out of the way...my only complaint was we had to call multiple times when asking for extra towels and water. They also offered individual bottles of the shampoo/conditioner/bodywash (big pump bottles were in the shower and the smaller sizes were offered as an option for anyone concerned about using the shared bottles). These NEVER came even after multiple requests. Little things but the last thing you want on vacation is to be annoyed by simple things.

On to the good!
-location - amazing! perfect walking distance to everything
-rooms- spacious and beautiful, the bed was super comfortable and i loved all the small touches in the rooms
-pool- open 24 hours! its small but nice, I am more of an ocean person so the size didn't bother me
-beach- perfect! lots of chairs and the service! oh the service! This was my absolute #1 reason for writing this review! The first day we made our way to the beach and were greeted, taken to our chairs and brought a little picnic basket with waters and apples inside along with food and drink menus! So nice! Andy, our server, was an ABSOLUTE GEM!!! He quite literally made our stay. He was quick and most importantly helpful with suggestions of what to eat where to party and any and everything else we asked him about. We asked to be sat in his section the next day and even though it was full he was still able to serve us. Great customer service is honestly so hard to find but Andy went above and beyond while trekking back and forth in the sand under the hot sun with anything we asked of him. Never a complaint or excuse left his mouth if something wasn't right (I tried to order a caesar which apparently the USA does not do a good job of and when I complained he brought me a diff drink no questions asked!) WOW. Great service and a great hotel! Loved my stay here!

A huge THANK YOU to Andy, The James is lucky to have you!

Hopefully this will inspire me to write more reviews! We stayed July 19-21, 2013 and plan to go back in November!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for writing your first review about us! We appreciate it and certainly appreciate your comments about the service Andy was able to provide at the beach. I am very sorry that the extra towels were an issue and that you didn't receive the individual amenity bottles. I assure you that this will be addressed with Housekeeping. Thank you again and I hope that you will come back and write your second review about us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in June 2013. Loved this hotel. Very smart in every respect and the location is perfect.

Food: We only had the breakfast that was included in the resort mandate which was limited in choice and not a massive amount of food but we were happy enough with it.

Room: Very nice room. We paid for an ocean view but it was only partial from the side of the hotel. Pity as we were really looking forward to having the view, possible balcony, as we had just spent 4 nights in NYC with zero view.

Location: On the beach with their private area directly in front of the hotel. Shops and restaurants only a short walk away. We hired a car from the airport but we didn't need it so paid for the privilege of parking it up for the duration. There is a car park opposite that is half the price of their valet parking so i would recommend using that if you do have a car.

Staff: Very helpful.

Facilities: Gym was ok and the pool side area is very nice.

Overall a great hotel which i would highly recommend and definitely use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recommendation. We appreciate that you took the time to write and review and tell others of your experiences. We hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The James is a wonderful hotel in South Beach with a great location. You can walk to all the restaurants, shops, and nightlife. The rooms are very nice (beds extremely comfortable) but we thought housekeeping was lacking a bit. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the beach employees could not have been nicer. Katherine, Sarah, and Gianni were great! All employees were really helpful and tried to make our stay the best possible. Special thanks to Michael and Katerina at the front desk. They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The regular rooms are very small. If you are looking for more space definitely get a studio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will certainly pass along your comments to the Team members you mentioned. I apologize for the shortcomings in Housekeeping and hope it did not tarnish your stay. We look forward to having you as a return guest in the future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Absolutely superb!!!so modern so clean and service is impeccable ,stayed as a couple,hotel is not a party hotel which is great,quiet and relaxing in a great location,next to the beach yet close to shops restaurants etc,people are friendly and helpful I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants luxury in modern setting and relaxing stay with the convinience of everything at hand

Room Tip: Pay more for oceanfront
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I am happy that we seemed to be just the right fit for the experience you wanted. Hurry and come back to visit us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am a plantinum rewards member with Marriott and will usually stay at 100 Ocean Drive property or the JW on Brickell. The James will make it difficult to stay at these properties in the future!

Pros:
*Modern and well kept property
*Conveniently located- you can to walk to the many nightlife spots (recommend Rec Room at the Gale Hotel, Delano, Hyde Park/SLS Hotel), Lincoln Rd (many restaurants, great people watching) without ever needing to get in a cab; there is a Rum Bar and SL nightclub on the premises as well
*Customer service is * unmatched * - a couple of people that made my stay memorable and will certainly do the same for you: Thank you Ceasar for the friendly and quick check-in! Thank you to the two friendly servers at the coffee bar! Thank you Merci, Marvin, and Raquel for the service by the pool! Mike - what can I say...consummate professional...thanks for everything! Not every brand has the 'it' factor - great team!
*Florida resident discount rate available
*Valet - The two James water bottles we found up in the cup holders after check-out were just an exclamation point to the stay
*Just the right balance for a guys/girls weekend or couples getaway
*iPod compatible clock/radio
*There are restaurants on site (did not eat on the property)

Cons:
*I had to leave!

See you guys next time in SoBe!

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It's great to hear that the only "con" to your stay was that you had to leave. We look forward to having you return in the future.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Enjoyed 4 night stay. People who work at hotel, desk, pool and beach all friendly and helpful.
Pools are not party type which I enjoyed. Great location next to restaurants and stores. Check in and check out quick. Hotel prices on food and drinks pricey just like other South Beach hotels.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Lanai rooms. Water leaks out to floor from shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay at The James Royal Palm. Glad we were able to provide the type of get away you were looking for when traveling. We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

stayed here from 9/6-9/10 in room 1205

This is exactly the type of hotel I enjoy staying at. The service was extremely friendly and ultimately helped with any request or question I had. Initially I booked this place through hotwire (accidental) because booking through visa was cheaper and offered more perks. When I arrived, service was prompt and my room was upgraded to a loft king suite. (I wish I was upgraded to the two bedroom suite... but that's me being greedy. They actually showed me a two bedroom suite which I must say are the best rooms on the property)

Everyone on the property was great. Each with their own personality. Felt very laid back. I'm not one to swoon about hotels but, this is one of the best.

If you're looking for old school type of five star service then look elsewhere because this isn't the place for you. If you want a hotel that understands the modern traveler's needs and will provide almost anything you request, then this is the place.

Minor Hiccups which did not impact my stay.
-light bulb in the front hallway burnt out.
-light bulb in lamp next to the womb chair burnt out
-hallway closet hinge broken
-two bathrobes but only one pair of slippers
-creaky bed

I mentioned the issues when I was checking out which they profusely apologized and would send someone to fix before the next guests arrive. It was a non-issue for me because I didn't use the closet, didn't need the bright lights in the room, didn't use the slippers, and fell asleep without noticing the creaky noise.

Positives
- Great/Positive service from the door-persons, cleaning staff, front desk and concierge. It literally felt like one cohesive unit of service. Front deck and their willingness to provide the best first impression at check in. (Caesar!)
- King bed
- Womb Chair replica was so comfortable.
- good pool
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- great amenities.

Staying here really did convince me of how awesome SoBe is. Planning another trip in early 2014...

Room Tip: 2 bedroom if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of the nice comments regarding your visit. We addressed the issues you stated with your guest room and I am just sorry you had to deal with them in the first place. I have passed on your positive review to Caesar and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!