“Clean design, good restaurant and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canada
“Clean design, good restaurant and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I and my husband stained for new year, enjoyed their small, but nicely located pool with great service and food. Their restaurant serve California inspired food fresh. We stayed Jr. Suite with great layout and view. For a hotel on Collin avenue on the beach, the James offers great value for the price.

Room Tip: Junior suite has good space of living and shower room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for the review. We appreciate when you take the time to tell us about your stay. I hope that we will be seeing you again this New Year's!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
New York, U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent a fantastic girls weekend at the James Royal Palm earlier this month. Our suite was beyond all expectations - beautiful view, great layout, unbelievably spacious, wonderfully comfortable beds. The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful. The beach was gorgeous and the pool and hot tub were a perfect end to one of our nights out. The hotel's location is the icing on the cake -- easy to walk to restaurants, shops, clubs, and anyplace else you might want to be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
So glad to hear that we were able to provide the perfect backdrop for your fun girl's weekend! It is wonderful to hear that our Team Members were able to offer the service we strive for in every interaction. Come back to see us again soon!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for something extraordinary, then you have come to the wrong place. It was overall an average experience. I honestly have to admit I was expecting a lot more than James considering they have a pretty cool website.

This hotel was so busy from the front entrance all the way to the beach. The check in was a mess. There was no queue and people would just overtake the desk as soon as it is made available to the guests. However, the process of checking was very good. The lady was very detailed in explaining on the package I have reserved for and it comes with a complimentary valet parking too. Please bear in mind that parking in Miami costs up to 40-50 dollars for valet. However, there's a public parking deck right next to the hotel which was very convenience.

The room was spacious with complimentary wifi. However, if you are looking for a good night sleep, please request room that is further away from the club at the lobby.

We encountered a fire alarm that went off for a good 15 minutes (maybe longer..) but to no announcement or whatsoever of what was happening. The alarm woke me up from my nap and my partner & I decided to go out instead as we were not getting any information of the situation.

Food & beverage were very easy to seek around the area within a close walking distance with tons of shops to browse through. There were many street performers too. Have fun with that.

Overall, the hotel is located at a very strategic location with the beach right at the back of the hotel. Beautiful sands and if you are looking to get a nice tan, and wouldn't mind so much about the hotel - then go for this.

Room Tip: Higher floor room at court yard area is best to avoid the loud sound from the club at the lobby
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I was very sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have incredible memories of their stay and it looks like we did not succeed. I apologize for our shortcomings. I have spoken to our Engineering Team to understand the issues with the alarm you encountered and can assure you it has been addressed appropriately. thank you again for staying with us and I hope you will come to see us again on your next trip.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff took time to bond with me and make my experience a great one. The only problem was the check-in stafff did not properly validate my parking nor did she give me the beach pass. So I had to endure some frustration when my paying for parking and when I went out to the beach I was not able to get back in to the pool area. I think with better training the front desk should be much better.

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel but all rooms looked like a great view to beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your day at the spa and beach. I apologize that you encountered some difficulties with returning on property and valet. I will certainly address these areas and ensure that we do a better job in relaying the information necessary. Thank you again for visiting renew: the spa and we hope that you will come back again real soon and let us pamper you again.
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We're a gay couple from LA and looked at several hotels on South Beach for a recent impulse stay. They were either too big, too kiddie-friendly, too expensive, too drab or too loud. But The James was just perfect -- and the last-minute ocean view room they found for us was spectacular (and much less expensive than the other hotels we looked at). Staff was pro all the way, super friendly and adorable. Great experience!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I have to say I was intrigued by the title of your review. I wasn't sure where it was going to take us, but I was happy to read about your positive experiences. It is so nice to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. I look forward to having you visit us again on your next trip to South Beach!
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a travel agent, and frequent visitor of hotels, it's always refreshing to give a good review. Other than the valet which was a bit pricey at $39 per day, this hotel exceeded our expectations in every other way. The hotel is very beautiful with fine art deco. The furniture at the pools and beach were brand new. The bathroom in the hotel was beautifully decorated with trendy tile. Last but not least, the hotel room itself was very trendy and beautifully decorated, yet was not over the top as it maintained the comfort of home with soft plush pillows and feathered comfortor.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What a nice review of the property. We appreciate that you took the time to detail much of your experience. I hope that you will return to the hotel to visit us when you are in our area again. Thank you for giving us your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Though they were told ahead of time, the staff did not recognize my wife's birthday. The balcony is so small you can't sit on it-even if they provided chairs to do so. Everything is overpriced and there are so many "extras" like a retreat fee if you use the pool or beach-shouldn't that be a part of the hotel's price? We stay in Sobe a lot and I'd recommend a dozen hotels before this one (try Z Ocean hotel instead). It wasn't an interstate motel but it wasn't priced like one either. Has a long way to go to live up to standards set by other area hotels.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I was very disappointed to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. It seems that we missed the boat in recognizing what should have been a special occasion for your wife and for that I truly apologize. While we certainly understand you have many choices when visiting the area, I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!