“Best in Miami Beach?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo, Norway
“Best in Miami Beach?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in SoBe the last eight years or so - and it keeps getting better. This time my family and I wantet a really nice hotel. We considered The Betsy, The Setai, Mondrian, The Tides and W. We ended up with The James - and it has now been a fantastic week. I tend to think that the hotel webpages promise moore that they can deliver - but not this time!
The service is almost over the top, the people that work really, really wants to take care of you. Its not just their job. Always with a smile. I must also say that the hotel is cool and partyfriendly - but still is a great place for families with kids (we have three).
Its a great hotel in every way / great pool, great beach-service really close, great rooms, great view (we had 1701 with oceanview) - and the guys that helps with the bags, the free bikes you can borrow, that gives a high five and remembers my kids names, are also fantastic.
Not to forget; the very professional and quick people at check in - and the concierges. Even before we arrived at the hotel we got great tips on what to do/eat/go from concierge Peter T. He was also very helpful during our stay.
We are now going to travel round Florida for som etime. And have booket The Setai for our return.
Well be back!

Anders E and family

Room Tip: 1701 great view and good comfort. Corner/room with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for detailing your observations during your stay. We are very proud of our Team Members and the fact that you could see that "it's not just a job" for them. We truly love to take care of our guests and I'm glad you were able to see and experience that first hand. We hope you enjoyed your travels and that next time you are back, you will come and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Westport, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Only stayed one night here (wish it had been more) after a cruise. Room had a balcony with great views of the ocean. We had a comfortable suite that had all the little luxuries that you could possible want! Hotel is in a good location and convenient to everything in South Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Only one night with us? Glad we were able to make your stay memorable, but you have to come back and visit us again so you can experience all of the fun and exciting services we have to offer. Thanks for telling us about your stay and we hope to have you back with us again soon.
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

From the time we stepped on the property to the time we left, we were pampered. I've never experienced such great customer service. The hotel was luxurious, but the staff is what really makes this spot exceptional. The staff are gracious, respectful and willing to bend over backwards to make your stay fantastic (canI mention that everyone is gorgeous as well). You get exactly what you pay for at the James Royal Palm. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It is truly a great feeling to realize we were able to accomplish all of our goals in our interactions with you. I hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Loved the place.. Location is great.. in the heart of south beach. the suites are spacious
restaurants are great.. LOVE the little coffee shop at the lobby. Parking was so easy... the front desk and concierge staff was so friendly and courteous - great service..
Oh the sales manager --- she is absolute dream to work with..

beautiful SPA.
within walking distance.. there are 100's of restaurants.. and night life...
I enjoyed staying there with my husband.. I can't wait to recommend the James to my friends and colleagues

Room Tip: don't even try and find parking.. valet parking is expensive.. but it is the most convenient way...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thanks for all of your lovely comments. It's wonderful to realize that we were able to help you create some lasting memories. I hope you will come back to visit us again and don't forget to let all your friends know about us!
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

great location, fantastic rooms. nice staff. facility for booking tours and shuttles to the malls.

Breakfast not according with the $ 40.

I came for a convention with all pre paid (room, brakfast and taxes) Well, the day before coming back my account was charged with $ 25 a day " retreat fee " (use of towells and chairs on te beach) - Ii had not used beach facilities- and extra $ 7 a day for the prepayd breakfast they told me you have paid the brakfast but this charge is for the tip !!! They did not notice that one day I missed my brakfast because i had to leave early. All this was more than $ 100 that was erase from my account after my complaint. Those charges should be announced on the web of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know of your experiences. It is always disappointing to hear that we did not communicate well during the reservation phase and that you had any type of "surprise" after getting on property. I have communicated with our team to ensure that we are working to do a better job of this. I am very pleased that we were able to correct the situation before you left the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family really needed to take a break from all of the daily stress and hustle/bustle. We booked a room that I got at a discounted rate as an employee benefit through my employer. We were prepared to love our small quarters and get the most of our brief get-away. We arrived on the 4th of July prepared for some small bumps due to the holiday. Tourists typically come to South Beach looking for a great time. As locals, we tend to reframe our expectations just so we won't be disappointed. We got to the hotel at 1pm, one hour prior to check-in hoping to get the most sun we could get before the forecasted showers. When we were greeted at the valet it was definitely shocking to hear that it was $39.00 but we said, 'so be it.... we're here and it will be worth it'. Once we got past that we got in line at check in and were happily welcomed by Ana Toaca. She was warm, friendly with my 18 y/o and said to me with a beautiful smile 'you will get a surprise when you get to your room.' I expected a small welcome card or a little perk associated with my employee benefit. When we opened the doors to Suite 609 we literally screamed with happiness and shock. We had been upgraded to the room of our dreams without asking. It did not stop there. After I confirmed that a mistake had not been made and we could unpack, we hit the pool. OMG! Great music, fabulous scents coming from the Florida Cookery Patio grill, helpful pool staff and the sunny skies we had been praying for. The beach was awesome, we got our beach chairs and towels (that we pre-paid with the daily resort fee) and it was well worth it. Comfortable beach chairs, easy access to the beach and nice and friendly beach staff. We had dinner at the Florida Cookery Patio in the evening and Hector waited on us. Friendly and engaging he helped us select our dinner items. Dinner was very tasty. Their bread is amazing as are the chef's barbecue hot and spicy shrimp. We could go on and on but I think you get the point. You will not be disappointed. The James is a beautiful property, the decor is truly artistic and special, the ambience is elegant yet relaxed. The staff is courteous, on point and eager to help. We will definitely go back! Thank you Ana - if it were not for you we would never have had the gorgeous 2 BR/2BA apartment that was perfect for our families needs. It was a dream come true!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators because in the evenings there is a lot of noise from folks wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
How nice to read your review and realize we were able to exceed all of your expectations. Your comments about Ana and Hector have been passed on to them along with our appreciation that they are making our guests' memories stand out. I hope that when you are ready for your next "stay-cation" you will come back to visit us. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Renew Spa at The James this week and both times was outstanding. Both facial (with Angela) and massage (with Julio) exceeded my expectations... and this after having been at other spas in the area which was not that impressed with. Although I was not staying at The James, getting a spa service gave me access to their beautiful deck which was perfect to read my book and relax... I definitely will go back each time I visited South Beach!

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for your wonderful comments about our spa, renew, and for pointing out the service you received from Angela and Julio. We are certainly proud of our staff and it is great to hear that they were able to make your visit a memorable one. I hope that on your next visit you will also try our hotel and enjoy all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you back.

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!