“This is how great customer service should feel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach
“This is how great customer service should feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

From the time we stepped on the property to the time we left, we were pampered. I've never experienced such great customer service. The hotel was luxurious, but the staff is what really makes this spot exceptional. The staff are gracious, respectful and willing to bend over backwards to make your stay fantastic (canI mention that everyone is gorgeous as well). You get exactly what you pay for at the James Royal Palm. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eddie T, Asst General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. It is truly a great feeling to realize we were able to accomplish all of our goals in our interactions with you. I hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Loved the place.. Location is great.. in the heart of south beach. the suites are spacious
restaurants are great.. LOVE the little coffee shop at the lobby. Parking was so easy... the front desk and concierge staff was so friendly and courteous - great service..
Oh the sales manager --- she is absolute dream to work with..

beautiful SPA.
within walking distance.. there are 100's of restaurants.. and night life...
I enjoyed staying there with my husband.. I can't wait to recommend the James to my friends and colleagues

Room Tip: don't even try and find parking.. valet parking is expensive.. but it is the most convenient way...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thanks for all of your lovely comments. It's wonderful to realize that we were able to help you create some lasting memories. I hope you will come back to visit us again and don't forget to let all your friends know about us!
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

great location, fantastic rooms. nice staff. facility for booking tours and shuttles to the malls.

Breakfast not according with the $ 40.

I came for a convention with all pre paid (room, brakfast and taxes) Well, the day before coming back my account was charged with $ 25 a day " retreat fee " (use of towells and chairs on te beach) - Ii had not used beach facilities- and extra $ 7 a day for the prepayd breakfast they told me you have paid the brakfast but this charge is for the tip !!! They did not notice that one day I missed my brakfast because i had to leave early. All this was more than $ 100 that was erase from my account after my complaint. Those charges should be announced on the web of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know of your experiences. It is always disappointing to hear that we did not communicate well during the reservation phase and that you had any type of "surprise" after getting on property. I have communicated with our team to ensure that we are working to do a better job of this. I am very pleased that we were able to correct the situation before you left the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family really needed to take a break from all of the daily stress and hustle/bustle. We booked a room that I got at a discounted rate as an employee benefit through my employer. We were prepared to love our small quarters and get the most of our brief get-away. We arrived on the 4th of July prepared for some small bumps due to the holiday. Tourists typically come to South Beach looking for a great time. As locals, we tend to reframe our expectations just so we won't be disappointed. We got to the hotel at 1pm, one hour prior to check-in hoping to get the most sun we could get before the forecasted showers. When we were greeted at the valet it was definitely shocking to hear that it was $39.00 but we said, 'so be it.... we're here and it will be worth it'. Once we got past that we got in line at check in and were happily welcomed by Ana Toaca. She was warm, friendly with my 18 y/o and said to me with a beautiful smile 'you will get a surprise when you get to your room.' I expected a small welcome card or a little perk associated with my employee benefit. When we opened the doors to Suite 609 we literally screamed with happiness and shock. We had been upgraded to the room of our dreams without asking. It did not stop there. After I confirmed that a mistake had not been made and we could unpack, we hit the pool. OMG! Great music, fabulous scents coming from the Florida Cookery Patio grill, helpful pool staff and the sunny skies we had been praying for. The beach was awesome, we got our beach chairs and towels (that we pre-paid with the daily resort fee) and it was well worth it. Comfortable beach chairs, easy access to the beach and nice and friendly beach staff. We had dinner at the Florida Cookery Patio in the evening and Hector waited on us. Friendly and engaging he helped us select our dinner items. Dinner was very tasty. Their bread is amazing as are the chef's barbecue hot and spicy shrimp. We could go on and on but I think you get the point. You will not be disappointed. The James is a beautiful property, the decor is truly artistic and special, the ambience is elegant yet relaxed. The staff is courteous, on point and eager to help. We will definitely go back! Thank you Ana - if it were not for you we would never have had the gorgeous 2 BR/2BA apartment that was perfect for our families needs. It was a dream come true!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators because in the evenings there is a lot of noise from folks wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
How nice to read your review and realize we were able to exceed all of your expectations. Your comments about Ana and Hector have been passed on to them along with our appreciation that they are making our guests' memories stand out. I hope that when you are ready for your next "stay-cation" you will come back to visit us. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Renew Spa at The James this week and both times was outstanding. Both facial (with Angela) and massage (with Julio) exceeded my expectations... and this after having been at other spas in the area which was not that impressed with. Although I was not staying at The James, getting a spa service gave me access to their beautiful deck which was perfect to read my book and relax... I definitely will go back each time I visited South Beach!

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for your wonderful comments about our spa, renew, and for pointing out the service you received from Angela and Julio. We are certainly proud of our staff and it is great to hear that they were able to make your visit a memorable one. I hope that on your next visit you will also try our hotel and enjoy all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you back.
Coconut Creek, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I like to choose 5 star hotels for a reason. I pay more because the experience to me is well worth the money. A few weeks ago, I took my girlfriend to a hotel in Miami, just to get away, at a place called The Viceroy. It was unreal! Everything about the stay was top notch, our room had a living room, bedroom, 2 bathrooms- which the bathrooms were very spacious and elagant, we ate dinner on our patio which overlooked the city lights. It was one of the best experiences we had, VERY romantic. Obviously this time around, i wanted to give her that same wow factor we had when we stayed at the Viceroy, but maybe at another place (5-Star) of course. I did my usual search and found the James Royal. When i called to make my reservation, i was very specific with what I wanted in my room, and how i wanted another patio that overlooked the city. The guy on the phone made it sound like the Viceroy didnt hold a candle to the James Royal. I was VERY dissapointed. Upon my arrival, when i got to the room I opened the door and could not have been more upset. First off the room was very small, and guess what, there was no patio and no view like I asked for, the view was by a dumpster (which the trashmen wake you up early) The walls in this hotel are very thin. Anyway, i went back downstairs fuming from how upset I was, of course there were no other rooms to switch to. So again, this place is not what you think, beware! They say its a 5-star hotel but trust me, its more like a 2-3 star hotel. I still cant get over the fact of how that guy on the phone told me the James Royal is nicer than the Viceroy? PLEASE! Absolutley no comparison, he must have thought i said Motel 6. Sure the beach is nice, but thats it from this place. If you are looking for a romantic spot dont go to this place. You can literally hear everything from your room and they dont book what you ask for, plus the food is horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know of your experiences. I was certainly upset to read your comments and realize that we had missed the mark on your stay with us. I apologize if your room did not meet your expectations and seemed to be misrepresented. We strive to give accurate information and ensure that our guests receive what we promise. Again, I apologize that your visit was not as you had anticipated and appreciate your candor so we may ensure no future guests experience these shortcomings.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We arrived early AM from LA. We were given a room straight away, over looking the ocean plus breakfast vouchers for the buffet breakfast served in a very sunny location overlooking the two pools and ocean - All very unexpected but very much appreciated!
The rooms are average in size, not too small but clean. We were told that the hotel had just been through a renovation, but our room certainly showed wear and tear, ie the bed cover had holes in it and the door didn't lock. Which was especially upsetting when it was left ajar, by a cleaner, for a whole day whilst we were daytripping to the Quays! The staff are a little hit & miss, either all over you or not - which didn't faze us.
Aside from the above glitches, we did enjoy our stay, it was hard not too... a great location and beautiful ocean/beach view. We would definitely return especially if we were able to get a similar deal etc!

Room Tip: Definitely request ocean view room, it just adds to your stay!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. It was concerning to hear of your issue with the door and I have investigated the issue to ensure it does not happen again. Guest security is our number one concern and we do not take it lightly. I am glad the other aspects of your stay met your expectations and hope you will be our guest again in the future.

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!