“Good choice for location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
edinburgh
“Good choice for location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked this hotel a few months ago before the recent favourable reviews so it was a bit of a gamble. We got a corner beach view on the 14th floor. We were only there for 2 nights and as we were seeing friends in Miami we did not spend much time in the room. Bed/bedding comfortable. No bath in bathroom but shower was large with a decently powerful shower head. Used the gym first thing in the morning so there was no one else around. Not huge but perfectly adequate. Also used pool early before other guests around. Perfect water temperature. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. It looked as if there was a buffet on the Sunday, but we missed it as we were going out. On the Monday morning there was no buffet, it was a la carte only, so we gave it a miss - if you wanted fresh juice, a few coffees, fresh fruit & pastries, the breakfast cost would have been quite high. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The location was perfect for us - the hotel backs directly on to the beach & does not have a busy noisy road between hotel & beach like hotels such as the Betsy. The room was really quiet although voices carried from people walking past our room during the night/early morning. I would highly recommend it for a short stay, and rate the location 5/5 but if we were going back to Miami beach for a longer, more leisurely stay, I would prefer to choose a hotel with more luxurious rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I guess I am spoiled...being used to staying in better hotels like MO, St.Regis, & W...I had a budget on this trip back to Miami. The James is nice for the location (near Lincoln Rd), the grounds are well maintained, the staff very friendly but I was not impressed with the room I was given on the 16th floor. Yes it had a partial ocean view, a great window in the shower overlooking the ocean, it was clean and modern...but my bed creeked every time I turned or sat on it. Mind you I was solo on this trip so I can just imagine if there was 2 on the bed. My room also had an adjoining door which I observed to have a large gap at the bottom of the door which allowed me to hear and smell whatever the people in that room were eating or saying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
loverofdogs-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. While I appreciate the positive comments, I am sorry that you were not impressed by the room, specifically the bed platform and connecting door. We will have both addressed in order to prevent future guests from having the same experience. Thank you for letting us know.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was dissapointed by the photos that gave me a different position than the actual experience. I found the tile floor (like in your mom's house type) was a poor substitue for a carpeted room. Plus my room was near the open bar area and the noise was a bit much until midnight.

Room Tip: Get a room far up the tower to avoid outside noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
irbflyfish

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that your room location was not ideal. Remind us next time and we'll make sure you get a room on a higher floor.

Appreciate your comments.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Overall we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel for 3 nights. Paid $50.00 per night at the time of checking to upgrade to full ocean view from partial and it is ok. Only half the wall facing the ocean is window so there is more to be desired but nice views nevertheless. Very clean and staff were very friendly

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SFShawn

Thank you for your kind review about The James Royal Palm. I appreciate the positive feedback re: housekeeping and our friendly team. While we too which the hotel was originally built with windows the full width of the room, I hope you were able to enjoy a little time on the Ocean front balcony in your room.

Hope to see you again soon.

Paducah, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a wonderful one-night stay at the James Royal Palm. Service is definitely 5 star! Melody at the Front Desk went out of her way to check us in early and gave us a choice of several different rooms. She even showed them all to us! Ended up with a great oceanview room on the 14th floor. All this and I got the room on Hotwire! The location was wonderful.
Even saw Owen Wilson in the exercise room and walking around the property. The bell staff were great as well. We didn't want for anything.
Only one little hiccup and that was early the next morning. Had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door but a member of housekeeping knocked asking if we called for more towels. We did not. Also, across the hall was a family who left their two little boys in the room by themselves as they went out clubbing. They were crying saying, Don't go, Mommy." The next morning, the same little boys decided to race up and down the 14th-floor hallway with their dad. All were yelling and screaming. Was going to call down to the front desk but by the time I decided to, they left. A big plus at the James Royal Palm is the checkout time is 2 p.m.
Would love to return and stay longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jdvmd-

Wonderful review from the TA Top Contributor!

So happy to hear that Melody took good care of you! She's the best.

Look forward to welcoming you back for a much longer stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wonderful
Location great
Rooms so nice
1745 is a corner top suite
Direct ocean view
Very clean and boutique like
Some families with kids
Quieter than most south beach hotels which is a nice change
Was 2-3 blocks away from Lincoln rd and the SLS

• Stayed February 2013
Rupesh D-

Excellent review! Thank you.

See you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since 2008 ( this was my 9th time) and while I've always been satisfied, this time I was in heaven. Through all the renovations I remained a loyal customer, partly because you can't beat the location but more so because the staff is awesome. I love all the upgrades, they really make you feel like you're at a 5 star resort. The new look is clean and sophisticated, there are more than enough food options and the wait time was more than reasonable, even room service was quick ( they said 30 min. but I received my food in 15). Beach service was great, bathroom amenities were top of the line. From the moment you enter this hotel expect nothing but the best, because that's what you'll get. While I could go on and on about all the upgrades and the wonderful new look, I would be selling this place short if I didn't mention the one thing they didn't change - THE STAFF. These people are truly the best, they're happy to help and it shows. One in particular, LaKeshia Reyes, if you're lucky enough to have her handle your stay consider your self "TAKEN CARE OF" from start to finish, she'll make sure you're more than pleased. If you're a new comer to South Beach, this is the perfect place to stay, it's walking distance to EVERYTHING and you can't beat the views. If you're a regular like me- then you already know- THE JAMES ROYAL PALM is the place to be.

Room Tip: Even numbers in the ShoreCrest Tower have the best city views- odd numbers are full/partial ocean vi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
M Hayes MD/Wash DC-

Thank you for your loyalty and wonderful review. Great to hear that LaKeshia took care of you was well as she takes care of all of our guests. She truly treats everyone as if they are the only guest in the resort!

Can't wait to welcome you back for your 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th........stay(s)

Patrick Hatton

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!