I was coming from a 1-week cruise of the Caribbean when I decided I wanted to stay in SoBe. I had been there this past September only to have huge disappointment at the Dream hotel. So instead, I opted to try something a bit more expensive - but it was worth every penny.
From the moment we arrived to the hotel the service was excellent. Multiple staff greeted our taxi and helped us out with our luggage. Upon walking into the front entrance, the hotel was very clean and fresh (and you could see the improvements from the recent renovation). The staff at the front desk were very polite and helped to get us checked-in in no-time.
After that we went upon with one of the guys from downstairs, who was helping with baggage, to our guestroom. Although this was the "average" room of the hotel, when walking in it was anything but. The room was bright, fresh and crisp.
- Great Location
- Beautiful Hotel
- Amazing Pool Area
- Great Food
- Friendly Staff
- LUXRY ! ! !
- Club at night on the weekend made it busy/noisy, especially for lower floors
- Service was slow at pool bar/restaurant, but worth the wait
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured as one of Conde Nast Traveler UK & US Magazine's "Hot Hotels of 2013" and now a AAA Four Diamond rated beachfront retreat, The James Royal Palm is The James brand's third location and first hotel in Florida. Joining sister properties in Chicago and New York City, the ideally situated, oceanfront hotel offers a total of 393 guest rooms, including studios and suites, with the majority offering ocean views. A combination of personalized comfort, generous complimentary amenities, residentially styled, artistically-inspired details and impeccable service, create an environment ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Just steps away from the beach and world famous Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue, the oceanfront beach retreat is located within the coveted and culturally-rich area of South Beach. The James Royal Palm provides guests with a location immersed in luxury retail, endless entertainment and an unmatched shopping experience.Designed by Lauren Rottet of Rottet Studio, The James Royal Palm is as a modern tribute to the original Royal Palm Hotel's rich history, keeping intact many signature elements of the original architect's design. The compass rose on the terrazzo lobby floor, original green glass reception desk and porthole windows in the lobby lounge have all been preserved and restored.The James Royal Palm features two swimming pools, a plunge pool, poolside bar, The James Pool and Beach Experience, lobby lounge, coffee bar, renew the spa, a full-service spa with salt-infused treatments, lil' james Offerings and Play Space for children, give: the shop, a retail shop offering carefully curated items, and more than 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. Guests can enjoy dining options including signature restaurant Florida Cookery; featuring regional Florida fare. A daily beach retreat charge includes: The James Beach and Pool Experience with Sun Concierge, children's play area, two beach chaise loungers and umbrella, poolside loungers, towel service, 24-hour gym, Lil' James play space access, and local & domestic long distance calls. The James offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, triple-distilled water refreshed twice daily and access to bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The James Royal Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.