You added Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort to your Saves list
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139‎ (Formerly The James Royal Palm) (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We travel a lot and stay in some of the worlds best hotels. I would like to rank this operation right up there. Every member of staff that we have came in contact with were amazing, from door guy to the restaurant managers everyone seems so nice and happy to be at work…. Which is a big credit to the management.

We will defiantly be going back and recommending the hotel to all our friends, family and colleagues.

Great service
Great staff
Great value
Great rooms
Great beds

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel through the citi credit card rewards program, and were very pleasantly surprised. Beautiful property, with modern sleek furnishings. The service was incredible - from being greeted at the entrance to being provided with beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. We really felt pampered. The location was really great - situated at the end of ocean drive, and 3 blocks away from espaniola way.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review a few days ago and it did not post. This is a great hotel. I would recommend it to anyone going to south beach for a short or longterm stay. The customer services topples 5-star hotels I have visited around the world. I travel a ton. I am sitting on flight writing this review. Go to the pool and see Martin or the Conceirge. Martin is one of the waiters; he literally ran on beach to food truck to get us something the hotel did not have in stock. Rooms are very nice, exceptionally clean, bright and equipped with cool electronics and some interesting stuff in the mini bar. Florida Cookery and other bars and lounges are great for serious eaters or just snacks. Great location on the beach as well. Very customer service oriented as well. I really enjoyed the stay. I will be going back very soon.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot and decided to try the James Brand in Miami; completely fell in love. We stayed in an apartment suite (1101) it was spectacular, the views were stunning and most importantly the staff was amazing and attentive to everything!

We loved it and plan on returning again!

Room Tip: Book the apartment suite it is spacious and very comfortable for couples and/or a family.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, General Manager at Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Alexandra3030-

Thank you for your amazing review of the James Royal Palm. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed the hotel! While not on the ocean, I believe the views of downtown, the cruise ship docks and down ocean drive from the balcony of our 01 rooms is the best in the building.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Patrick Hatton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I used to come to SoBe for around 6 years twice a year and stay at this hotel. It definitely was needed renovations, but I was expecting found the same staff. Bartenders and servers used to be excellent (Phil, Ana Maria, Radost, Fabiana, Orlando, Fernando, Yesniel, etc). I found in my last stay awful service. Bartenders no idea what were doing, no nice at all. I feel bad to say that I'm not coming anymore here. I'm sad! I miss my all Royal Palm! Don't waste your money!

• Stayed January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've stayed at many beachfront hotels in the SoBe area and we seriously LOVED the vibe of The James Royal Palm: gorgeous modern-art deco decor with a very inviting feel (not easy to pull off)...super friendly staff, gorgeous remodel from top to bottom, clean & quiet rooms with no detail left out, fabulous pool and beach areas with great service. And did I mention location, wow you are close to EVERYTHING! We stayed 4 nights and this will definitely be our go-to hotel in SoBe from now on!!!

Didn't hit the spa this time so can't say, but I'm sure it's great and look forward to it next time!

A truly wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked a 'King Guestroom' and ended up in a disastrous room.

The room was actually really tiny, you couldn't even properly open two suitcases, and on 5th floor in the East Tower gave a lacklustre view of the entrance parkway instead of promised "City/Bayview". But what made it really disastrous was that when we returned home at 1.30am, our room was a *ç%&ing discotheque with the bass of the club downstairs booming through the walls.

But I have to say - and that's why I still award four points - that they really tried to make up for it. We received an upgrade - and that was what made the stay enjoyable. So I would strongly advise to go for nothing below "Deluxe". Not sure what category we were assigned in the end, but it was bigger, had a table with a little bench, was in the other building, and had partial ocean view.

Room maintenance twice a day, free wifi without any password nonsense, iPod docking station, huge TV, very attentive reception and pool bar/restaurant service, and the excellent beach club with super obliging service and the little box with water and fruit make it way beyond average. And an extra point for check-out at 2pm. Outstanding!

The crowd is mixed with quite a surprising share of families, however has a slight tendency to being boorish, but I guess that's natural in Miami Beach.

Service was extremely courteous. They advised us to park literally around the corner in the public parking ($16) instead of using their valet garage ($49), made us feel very welcome, and as mentioned really went the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable after the initial room disaster. They told me in the meantime that they'll work on the soundproofing, but for the moment I would advise to stay way off lower floors on the East Tower and the 'King Guestrooms' in general.

Could work on the room service as twice items ordered didn't arrive even after 30 minutes so that I eventually rather went down to the reception to pick it up. But maybe they just had a bad day. Not having a sufficient supply of newspaper is actually not acceptable for a hotel of this standard and price.

Ratings below apply to the Deluxe Room with partial ocean view.

Room Tip: Stay clear of lower floors on the East Tower as you'll be kept awake by the noise from the night...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gsh_1975,

Thank you for the detailed review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your initial room and in room dining misses.

I appreciate you calling our a few of our brand standards including comp wifi, 2 pm check out and twice daily maid service.

I am glad to hear that the team worked hard to overcome these issues and still earn a 4 Star rating from you. We are working on better sound proofing for the rooms over our late night lounge including bringing in sound engineers to analyze the settings.

Thank you again for your detailed feedback.

Best,

Patrick Hatton

Been to Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort? Share your experiences!