“If there was a minus I would give it -10” 1 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Surf Blue to your Saves list
Ocean Surf Blue
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Gainesville, Florida
“If there was a minus I would give it -10”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were going to a wedding and booked 3 nites. So filthy, smelly, carpet torn up, cigarette burns on lamp (non-smoking hotel), food on table, DISGUSTING. We could not stay even one night and since I booked by Orbitz in advance, they don't want to give MY money back. This hotel should be shut down. It gives a bad view of Miami, and of the State of Florida. How can they stay in business - by cheating tourists. Disgraceful! I will update the review if I ever get my money back - even though WE DID NOT STAY THERE! Go to Days Inn next door. It's not fantastic but it's clean and management is reasonable. Don't get cheated out of a good vacation.

Room Tip: There is no good room in this filthy hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The location is amazing for clubbing, shopping, & easy beach access. As far as the room goes it's cheap so your getting what you pay for. If your plans are to be out I'd suggest it for those trying to keep money in their wallet, but if your in Miami for spa experience, room service & five star treatment this is absolutely not for you.

• Stayed April 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was the worst hotel i have EVER seen in my life, and i do a lot of traveling. Booked this hotel for 3 nights in March for a vacation. This was a mistake and a nightmare. This place isnt even suitable for cockroaches. I wouldnt even stay at is place if it was free it was that bad. The hallways smelled like mildew, the carpets looked like they havent been vacumed in months, the showers were abysmal and duct tape was used as soap holders. The sheets on the bed were disgusting and soiled with stains everywhere. We debated sleeping in our rental car. Bottom line...this place is a health risk, inhabitable, and a scam. We ended up booking another hotel and did not stay here. Front desk was very unhelpful, did not budge on refunding our money, would not put us in contact with any management, and failed to provide us with any corporate phone numbers to discuss the situation with. Talk about horrendous customer service. Do not put yourself, your kids, friends or family in this situation, especially when your health is at jeopardy by staying here. I took photos of the horrendous condition of this place and wish there was a way for me to post them so you can see how bad it really was the photos are jaw dropping. Take your money to a more reputable place and enjoy your vacation....stay farrrr away from this hole.

Room Tip: Just stay away...i beg you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

FIrst we were over charged for an unclean hotel, that smells of pee, with useless staff!! I have stayed in many cheap hotels none have even been this terrible! The unsanitary conditions are not even the worst part!! While we were out someone came into our room (clearly it was a staff memeber because who can get in without a key?!) and stole our money then smashed our window! To make matters worse when the police were called we got told we have to pay to replace it. This has go to be the worst place I have ever been in my life!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Before I begin I loved the location but the hotel looks terrible. It reminded me of that one scene from Revenge of the Nerds when they stayed in chicken & roach infested hotel. The part when the lady pulled that butcher knife from the mattress. An said, " I am going to make you dinner."

The reason being because I had paid 85 for one night and 30 for parking. It is very outdated and you might get bed bugs. Seriously do not even stay here if your are on a low budget. I rather sleep on the beach with the homeless people then stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Plant City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

never...ever in my life have i felt compelled to write a review until now...my lowest and most angry point of my entire Miami trip was this hotel NOTEL!!!!! I am not exagerating....my family and i were mortified!!! bugs-dirty and stained sheets- soiled carpets- just straight up nasty....we wouldnt even use the shower!!! the first room was the same as the second bc they advertised pix of one nicer room which are the ones we took pix of for this review...RUNN...SAVE YOUR VACATION!!!!

Been to Ocean Surf Blue? Share your experiences!