“This place is a disgusting disgraceful waste dont even bother” 1 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Surf Blue to your Saves list
Ocean Surf Blue
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Mystic, Connecticut
“This place is a disgusting disgraceful waste dont even bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was the worst hotel i have EVER seen in my life, and i do a lot of traveling. Booked this hotel for 3 nights in March for a vacation. This was a mistake and a nightmare. This place isnt even suitable for cockroaches. I wouldnt even stay at is place if it was free it was that bad. The hallways smelled like mildew, the carpets looked like they havent been vacumed in months, the showers were abysmal and duct tape was used as soap holders. The sheets on the bed were disgusting and soiled with stains everywhere. We debated sleeping in our rental car. Bottom line...this place is a health risk, inhabitable, and a scam. We ended up booking another hotel and did not stay here. Front desk was very unhelpful, did not budge on refunding our money, would not put us in contact with any management, and failed to provide us with any corporate phone numbers to discuss the situation with. Talk about horrendous customer service. Do not put yourself, your kids, friends or family in this situation, especially when your health is at jeopardy by staying here. I took photos of the horrendous condition of this place and wish there was a way for me to post them so you can see how bad it really was the photos are jaw dropping. Take your money to a more reputable place and enjoy your vacation....stay farrrr away from this hole.

Room Tip: Just stay away...i beg you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

FIrst we were over charged for an unclean hotel, that smells of pee, with useless staff!! I have stayed in many cheap hotels none have even been this terrible! The unsanitary conditions are not even the worst part!! While we were out someone came into our room (clearly it was a staff memeber because who can get in without a key?!) and stole our money then smashed our window! To make matters worse when the police were called we got told we have to pay to replace it. This has go to be the worst place I have ever been in my life!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Before I begin I loved the location but the hotel looks terrible. It reminded me of that one scene from Revenge of the Nerds when they stayed in chicken & roach infested hotel. The part when the lady pulled that butcher knife from the mattress. An said, " I am going to make you dinner."

The reason being because I had paid 85 for one night and 30 for parking. It is very outdated and you might get bed bugs. Seriously do not even stay here if your are on a low budget. I rather sleep on the beach with the homeless people then stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Plant City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

never...ever in my life have i felt compelled to write a review until now...my lowest and most angry point of my entire Miami trip was this hotel NOTEL!!!!! I am not exagerating....my family and i were mortified!!! bugs-dirty and stained sheets- soiled carpets- just straight up nasty....we wouldnt even use the shower!!! the first room was the same as the second bc they advertised pix of one nicer room which are the ones we took pix of for this review...RUNN...SAVE YOUR VACATION!!!!

Trail
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is the dirty and rundown.our room was so dirty we kept our shoes on, the bathroom roof had water stains and the walls paint was bubbled.the shower curtain had visible mold as well as the shower water tap.the light ficture was broken and only one light bulb was scewd in.the blinds in the bedroom were hanging with 30% of the verticals were missing.thewindow was stuck open annd the window air conditioner was so loud you had to turn it off, the hallways have notbeen vacuumed in days and the people working the front desk look and act like slow people.we started conversations with other guests and they were appalle iiid as well.take my advice,,,stay away

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room without reading reviews first, and I had a breakdown after reading about how horrid people's experiences were. We found out we couldn't cancel without eating the cost, so we decided to keep the reservation. IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. The staff is a goon squad of idiots but they will hail you a cab, give you clean towels, and take your trash every day if you ask them. The lobby, rooms, and hallways smell & look like 1984. But the room we stayed in had an ok bed and we put the air freshener provided in the room over the air vent to make the room smell squeaky clean. The location is great, and for the low, low price, we thought this place was a great value. We are both in our 20's and clean, normal people. If you're looking to save some $$ on a hotel and aren't extremely anal about potential germs, the hotel is fine. Bring your own shampoo conditioner soap and blow dryer, put the air freshener on the vent, nut up, and shut up about not getting a 5-star hotel for $89 a night. You get what you pay for, and in this case, it was not that bad.
And we highly recommend the small restaurant, Burgers and Shakes right around the block!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Ocean Surf Blue? Share your experiences!