“Miami Trip” 3 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Surf Blue to your Saves list
Ocean Surf Blue
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plant City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

never...ever in my life have i felt compelled to write a review until now...my lowest and most angry point of my entire Miami trip was this hotel NOTEL!!!!! I am not exagerating....my family and i were mortified!!! bugs-dirty and stained sheets- soiled carpets- just straight up nasty....we wouldnt even use the shower!!! the first room was the same as the second bc they advertised pix of one nicer room which are the ones we took pix of for this review...RUNN...SAVE YOUR VACATION!!!!

Trail
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is the dirty and rundown.our room was so dirty we kept our shoes on, the bathroom roof had water stains and the walls paint was bubbled.the shower curtain had visible mold as well as the shower water tap.the light ficture was broken and only one light bulb was scewd in.the blinds in the bedroom were hanging with 30% of the verticals were missing.thewindow was stuck open annd the window air conditioner was so loud you had to turn it off, the hallways have notbeen vacuumed in days and the people working the front desk look and act like slow people.we started conversations with other guests and they were appalle iiid as well.take my advice,,,stay away

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room without reading reviews first, and I had a breakdown after reading about how horrid people's experiences were. We found out we couldn't cancel without eating the cost, so we decided to keep the reservation. IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. The staff is a goon squad of idiots but they will hail you a cab, give you clean towels, and take your trash every day if you ask them. The lobby, rooms, and hallways smell & look like 1984. But the room we stayed in had an ok bed and we put the air freshener provided in the room over the air vent to make the room smell squeaky clean. The location is great, and for the low, low price, we thought this place was a great value. We are both in our 20's and clean, normal people. If you're looking to save some $$ on a hotel and aren't extremely anal about potential germs, the hotel is fine. Bring your own shampoo conditioner soap and blow dryer, put the air freshener on the vent, nut up, and shut up about not getting a 5-star hotel for $89 a night. You get what you pay for, and in this case, it was not that bad.
And we highly recommend the small restaurant, Burgers and Shakes right around the block!

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The service is terrible. The hotel rooms are filthy, dirty and smell like sommething very disgusting and un-explainable. This was our worst experience in Miami and we love the entire city, the good and the bad parts, but we have never been through something this terrible.

The staff at this hotel was absolutely un-explanable, they lied about the room resources like a refrigirator and ice, they made us wait for our room for three hours even though we had a reservation they unsisted that every room was still dirty at 8pm, and acted very rude towards us, afetr we finally got our room afetr a 3 hour wait, at 11pm, they cleaned the room very seldomly and left cigaret buds and dirty bed sheets.

We came with 2 children so it was pretty bad, definetely not a fun experience.....

Room Tip: no tip.....i guess just try and get their best possible room and expect nothing, this way maybe you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

First off before you read this I ADVISE YOU TO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT WAS THE EORST HOTEL EXPIRIENCE OF MY LIFE! my family arrived and the first thing I thought was it looked like something straight out of miami vice, both the hotels next to it looked abandoned but really were still in business, the first bad thing I noticed was the elevator looked like its been out of service for years I mean honestly how is a handicapped person supposed to get to their room( if their dumb enought to stay here) then I realized the hallway smelt like crap, after the key didnt work several times I opened the door and it was freezing and the air conditioner was so loud! The beds were lopsided and the first things I noticed were that there was red spots on the bed!! It was a little blood stain, there was another mark on the wall too, I mean I don't want to get hep c or something, the shower was just straight up dirty, and the places were the wall met the floor looked like the wall was rotting, just a dirty place, smelt bad, and I felt extremely dirty , I didnt even want to touch the dirty looking bed or carpet, I had to pay 150 dollars for one night for my 4 family members, it should have been free since it was so dirty, please don't stay here and if you do have the police shut it down and renovate it and completely Samaria it before you stay here

• Stayed December 2012
Pullman, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Most horrible hotel I've ever stayed in. It costs me 100 dollars (plus tax) which is totally not worth it. If I knew this hotel was this horrible in advance, I would not stay here to ruin my vacation. It got stinky hotel room and bathroom. I found human hairs on the bathroom basin. The hair dryer does not work. The floor in the room was dirty. If you wanna ruin your vacation, come over and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Surf Blue? Share your experiences!