“ocean surf miami/ worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Surf Blue to your Saves list
Ocean Surf Blue
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Toronto, Canada
“ocean surf miami/ worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The service is terrible. The hotel rooms are filthy, dirty and smell like sommething very disgusting and un-explainable. This was our worst experience in Miami and we love the entire city, the good and the bad parts, but we have never been through something this terrible.

The staff at this hotel was absolutely un-explanable, they lied about the room resources like a refrigirator and ice, they made us wait for our room for three hours even though we had a reservation they unsisted that every room was still dirty at 8pm, and acted very rude towards us, afetr we finally got our room afetr a 3 hour wait, at 11pm, they cleaned the room very seldomly and left cigaret buds and dirty bed sheets.

We came with 2 children so it was pretty bad, definetely not a fun experience.....

Room Tip: no tip.....i guess just try and get their best possible room and expect nothing, this way maybe you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

First off before you read this I ADVISE YOU TO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT WAS THE EORST HOTEL EXPIRIENCE OF MY LIFE! my family arrived and the first thing I thought was it looked like something straight out of miami vice, both the hotels next to it looked abandoned but really were still in business, the first bad thing I noticed was the elevator looked like its been out of service for years I mean honestly how is a handicapped person supposed to get to their room( if their dumb enought to stay here) then I realized the hallway smelt like crap, after the key didnt work several times I opened the door and it was freezing and the air conditioner was so loud! The beds were lopsided and the first things I noticed were that there was red spots on the bed!! It was a little blood stain, there was another mark on the wall too, I mean I don't want to get hep c or something, the shower was just straight up dirty, and the places were the wall met the floor looked like the wall was rotting, just a dirty place, smelt bad, and I felt extremely dirty , I didnt even want to touch the dirty looking bed or carpet, I had to pay 150 dollars for one night for my 4 family members, it should have been free since it was so dirty, please don't stay here and if you do have the police shut it down and renovate it and completely Samaria it before you stay here

• Stayed December 2012
Pullman, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Most horrible hotel I've ever stayed in. It costs me 100 dollars (plus tax) which is totally not worth it. If I knew this hotel was this horrible in advance, I would not stay here to ruin my vacation. It got stinky hotel room and bathroom. I found human hairs on the bathroom basin. The hair dryer does not work. The floor in the room was dirty. If you wanna ruin your vacation, come over and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Paid for the room, but couldn't be there at all. Very dirty and it smelled very bad...
Cancelled our reservation after we saw the room.
Found some old food left in the fridge at the room.

The location is good if you wanna be close to the north beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I ever used

So terrible
Dirty
Elevator is out oh service

• Stayed December 2012
Caracas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good attention and economic tariff....I will recommend it to my friends and relatives.... Good location and just steps to the beach,... near banks and restaurants and public transportation..
For sure I will be glad to come back to this Hotel... may be early next year... Thanks a lot....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Chose the hotel based on the pictures provided on the website, and it's location (right on the beach!!!). Unfortunately, as per it's Art Deco styling, the building is old and decrepit. The paint on the walls is peeling, the elevator didn't work, nor did the tiny air conditioning unit, which left the room pretty humid. The cleaning lady was super nice but the rooms were dirty. The women at the front desk were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Despite the ridiculous inadequcies of the hotel, the beach is literally across the street, so depending on how you plan to spend your ime in Miami, it may or may not be worth it.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Ocean Surf Blue? Share your experiences!