“O.K. fairly good” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Caracas
“O.K. fairly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good attention and economic tariff....I will recommend it to my friends and relatives.... Good location and just steps to the beach,... near banks and restaurants and public transportation..
For sure I will be glad to come back to this Hotel... may be early next year... Thanks a lot....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Chose the hotel based on the pictures provided on the website, and it's location (right on the beach!!!). Unfortunately, as per it's Art Deco styling, the building is old and decrepit. The paint on the walls is peeling, the elevator didn't work, nor did the tiny air conditioning unit, which left the room pretty humid. The cleaning lady was super nice but the rooms were dirty. The women at the front desk were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Despite the ridiculous inadequcies of the hotel, the beach is literally across the street, so depending on how you plan to spend your ime in Miami, it may or may not be worth it.

• Stayed July 2012
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was looking for a hote thru cheaprooms.com recomended by my friend who is no longer my friend. I selected my dates on the main page. See my son and I are going on a family reunion and I am going on a budget so when I stomp upon a $57.00 dollars a night I was so happy. When i hit the select button the dates defaulted back to July 27 again I adjusteed and continue by the time i got the reservation number the dates where wrong. I called Cheap rooms and after 5 call they were rude and refuse to help me. I called the hotel but there was no manager. the next day I called the manager I am on a long distance call crying my eyes out and she started yelling saying that I had an attitude that she did not had to help me and kept on without letting me talk. It was a non- refundable reservation which I found out after. Finally she agree If I send a letter she promise to send me a confirmation email i am still waiting I am scare to go and being told I do not have a reservation. Stupidly I did not look at the reviews before. Do not know what to do she was very un-profesional, rude and demeaning. I do not want to have to go thru this but I do not want to loose the money. I will be sending another review after my stay and filling a complaint . what to do?

Room Tip: Do not Jump into this special deals there are a a set up look at the reviews in trip advisor and loo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Do not be mislead by the pictures posted by the hotel, they are very outdated, my guess is almost 20 years old and do not represent the hotels current conditions which in my own opinion are down right disgusting.

When you first arrive, there is no parking for hotel guest, passes are required to park at the meters over night. Check in is typical, staff is friendly however everything else is down hill from there. The elevator is out of service with a sign that has cob webs on it. I later did some research and would guesstimate that it has been out over 2 years, probably because it can not pass state inspection laws..... So you need to lug all your suit cases up three flights of stairs. When walking down the hallway it looks like something from Texas Chain Saw Massacre, weird stains on the carpet , lead paint peeling, and the ceiling falling apart. We had a room with two twin beds which was very small, size is not the issue, however cleanliness is not in the hotels vocabulary.

The room has a refrigerator that idles like an 18 wheel semi which I eventually just unplugged so I didn't have to hear it.

It also has a window mounted A/C unit which barely blows out any cool air, making the room feel like a sauna.

You then enter the bathroom which is falling apart with holes in the wall, stains and hair on the floor.

My girlfriend and I were unable to get a refund so rather than leave at that point and waste our money we choose to ride it out.

We decided to take a shower with our flip flops on , however we were soon to discover there is no hot running water....

We eventually tried to get some rest in the nasty bed , which we woke up with mysterious bug bites in the morning.

I woke up like a zombie just listening to all the noise the paper thin walls would not stop. You hear every door open, then slam shut making it near impossible to get any rest whatsoever.

Day 2 was just as bad, house keeping was at our front door when we left for breakfast , however when we returned the room was just in the condition we had left it in. No fresh towels, no made bed, no cleaning was done, What kind of service is it that this place provides? Absolutely nothing.

If you want to ruin your vacation by all means stay here, that or sleep at a bus stop.

The only thing positive to say is it created a lasting memory which we captured by taking a picture at the front, Titled.

"We survived the Ocean Surf!"

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is nasty, painting, bathroom, smell, many more...

• Stayed July 2012
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I wanted to have a nice getaway with my young daughter in Miami Beach. The hotel was recommended by a travel consultant as "a steal of a deal". I arrived at 10:50 at night and was surprised that the outside of the hotel appeared old and dilapidated. However, I was extremely tired and proceeded to go inside...the front desk personnel (Mauricio) told us our room #...Upon entering, I was appauled at the stench emanating from the room. It smelt like old wet carpet and if an animal had left something behind. Not pleasant at all. The elevator did not work and had a sign that said so (thank God for that because I would not have liked to be stuck in that). The carpet on the stairs were riddled with multiple stains and smelt terribly moldy. I could not believe that this hotel was recommended by the travel consultant...obviously, she had not stayed here before!! The desk personnel apologized profusely and did proceeded to offer us another room on the 2nd floor (here we went up the nasty moldy stairs AGAIN) to be yet again disgusted with a smoky, cigar smell with an airconditioner unit that seemed to hiss as the door slid open. Mind you, we did not need our door key to gain entrance to this room because the door was already partially open. So who knows who else had gained entrance into his room prior to our going in...completely upsetting experience. Then we had to trek back down the stinky stairs again to speak with the desk personnel...once again, we were greeted with an apology and he offered us another room at the hotel next door (Hawaii) and promise that this rooom MAY be better. He said to wait at the front door to be "buzzed in". How wrong he was. Shame on me for listening......the windows on the outside of the hotel were broken and the front door was wide open - obviously, the Security were not available. I could not believe that this was happening...it seemed like something out of a horror movie...if disgust, filth and stench is what you are looking for, this is the place for you!!! I then returned back to the front desk with my daugther and informed Mauricio that we could not stay in such squalor conditions and the only thing that he could retort to me was, 'contact expedia.com'. I asked for his manager's # because his cold and aloof attitude was not nice at all...especially since we were being inconvenienced in this way...I am from the Islands so I know what it is to live with very humble means...this was beyond humble. This hotel was DISGUSTING, STINK, NASTY, FOUL-SMELLING, UNAPPEALING AND NOT A PLACE FOR ANYONE TO STAY!!!! I arrived at 10:50 pm and was out by 11:15 pm

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

OK, I read reviews so I knew what I was getting myself into. Got that out of the way. The hotel was in a nice area of North Beach, the outside is cute-art deco style. Next door is a Days Inn with a casual food menu & drinks where you can sit outside. No problem there. Front desk guy was very cordial, check-in was painless, room key worked first time around. Elevator was under renovation so had to lug the luggage & cooler up a flight of stairs. Here are the list of issues:
1) MAJOR paint peeling in the bathroom & shower stapled together, moldy shower curtain
3) Only 2 small soaps, no shampoo, lotion or anything, only no toilet paper on the roll, one spare roll I had to install.
4) Only 2 towels, no wash cloths or hand towel, no ice bucket. Asked front desk & got 2 more regular sized towels & a plastic bag for ice.
5) No air in bathroom, VERY HOT!
6) TV remote didn't work at all.
7) Refrigerator in the room but wasn't cold, had a cooler with ice so didn't futz with it. Could be turned down or something.
8) 2 small beds were comfy enough, appeared to be clean. I could see where the mattress was pretty much coming apart in the corners but we slept fine.
9) "Window" style A/C unit was loud but felt it kept the small room (not bathroom) cool & comfy enough. I don't mind the noise, I sleep with a loud fan for white noise anyway. No noise came in from outside or the hallways either.
10) They charge $2/day for the room safe whether you use it or not. It's OK for me because I like having one anyway.

Overall I wouldn't make a big effort to stay here again but I wouldn't NOT stay here if there wasn't something else, the price was better than some places & like I said, I read the reviews. I'm just being honest so others can make their decision based on ALL the facts - good, bad, indifferent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Surf Blue? Share your experiences!