“Friendly service, good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Social Club

The Social Club
1717 Collins Ave, Surfcomber Miami South Beach, a Kimpton Hotel, Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 604-1800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Social Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 876 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
San Francisco
“Friendly service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff here is thoughtful and friendly. The food is good for the price. Not great, but certainly not average.

Visited October 2013
Serena S, Manager at The Social Club, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Mirandajjl,

Thank you for our 4-star review! I'm glad that you were happy with our service and felt that our staff were thoughtful and friendly during your visit. I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff. It will definitely put some smiles on their faces! I see that you thought our food was good, but would love to hear your thoughts on what we could do to make it great so we can blow you away the next time you're in. If there is anything I can do to make your next visit even better, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kirkland
“Excellent Service & Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have food allergies and this place rocks....they took care of every aspect....checking and double checking with the chef. Thanks!

Visited September 2013
Serena S, Manager at The Social Club, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi Troy,

Thank you again for writing such a wonderful review! It truly makes our day when we see that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and we are most appreciative that you took the time to share your amazing feedback. I've passed along your fantastic comments to Chef Sisk and the rest of our team at The Social Club. They'll be delighted to hear from you! It was such a pleasure having you and your wife dine with us and we hope to see you again very soon. If there is anything I can do to make your next visit even more enjoyable, please let me know!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best Cocktail Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Work your way through it starting w Chad Phillips' signature Beet Me In St Louis. They use this burly juicer to make all their bases, including for Bloody Marys, which are awesome. Chad has a fine tasting rum option on the menu with three rums from the late 80s aged in Scotland. You get an ounce poor of each for $27. Loved that. He has the menu divided up into groupings to help you decided based on what you're feeling: Crisp & Light, Aromatic, Full & Robust,etc. And he always has one Forgotten Classic, usually obscure but fun to try cocktail.

Visited September 2013
Hi David,

Thank you so much for visiting us and giving our cocktail program so much love! I am so glad that Chad was able to find something to suit your taste buds. I'll be sure to share your kinds words with him as we all love to hear back from our valued guests. If there's anything I can do to make your next visit even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miami Beach, Florida
“My Sister's Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Last week Wednesday was my sister's birthday and we decided to try out a new spot, taking advantage of the Miami Spice Menu. Since neither my sister nor myself eat red meat (we eat poultry and seafood) we were looking for a menu with a good variety and many choices so that everyone will be satisfied. The Social Club's menu therefore attracted us and from the minute we arrived, we felt as though we were VIPs. The staff was super friendly and my sister was handed a complimentary glass of bubbly for her birthday. Since it was 7 of us, we tried to order different items off the menu to sample but the Ceviche Appetizer was too tempting to pass up for many of us. Everything on menu was fantastic, not average but fantastic!! The seared snapper entree was cooked to perfection! I have never been to Miami Spice but I imagined the meals for the price would be smaller but these weren't and by the time desert came we were full and contented. They even put a candle in my sister's cake without us even asking them too. Serena, the Manager, came over and introduced herself to us not long after we got there and she was so professional and courteous throughout the entire night, totally ensuring that my sister had a great birthday. To top it off we were given a round of shots!! My sister said it was a perfect birthday!!! Thank you Social Club and staff we would definitely be back. Job well done!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Serena S, Manager at The Social Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am so glad to see that your sister and friends had such an amazing dining experience at our restaurant. We are most appreciative that you chose us for your birthday celebration. It was such a pleasure meeting all of you and it makes our job that much more rewarding when we know our guests enjoyed our food, service and were just able to have fun. It's great to know that you enjoyed our Miami Spice menu selections and I hope all of you come back and try our other amazing dishes. If there's anything we can do to make your next experience even better, feel free to reach out to me at any time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Miami, Florida
“Surprisingly great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was really surprised with the amazing, generous food portions and friendly, attentive service. Nina was so nice on the phone when I called to make our reservations that I had a good feeling about the Social Club. Never been here before and wanted to try after being captivated by the delicious, multiple options from their Miami Spice menu. If you enjoy seafood, this is the place to try. I started with the panko crusted oysters; heavenly. My favorite was the seared snapper (a real whole filet) cooked to perfection with the crunchy, outer skin; oh so divine. The coconut flan is the perfect ending. Be prepared to actually feal full when all is sadly done, these are not pinky sized portions, you will not leave hungry. I will be returning back to try the other selections with my friends. Last but not least, Louis was stupendous and recommended and awesome Prosecco. Thanks Louis, see you soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Serena S, Manager at The Social Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a great review of us! I am so glad you enjoyed your dining experience at The Social Club - especially our service and food selection. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our service team and kitchen staff as they love to hear back from our valued guests. If there's anything we can do to make your experience even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let me know. We look forward to seeing you soon!