“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kyabram, Australia
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Front of house girl rude. Staff openly putting down their fellow co workers whilst guests were in the lobby.Bed linen was stained. I am in Miami for another five nights and very relieved I did not rebook at this hotel. Close proximity to beach is the only good thing I could say - not even any restaurants/eateries close by. Lincoln Road a brisk 20 minute walk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pierre, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Pierre. We value your business and take every suggestion with great importance. While we are happy to hear you enjoyed the location of the Hotel, as we are located right across the street from the beach and 15 minutes away from South Beach, we regret that you were not given a positive experience. We will be sure to address our staff about the ill mannered scenario and connect with housekeeping to resolve the presented issues. Please accept our sincerest apology. We hope you come back to experience our new improvement on your next stay !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We booked this hotel via Hotwire. Got it for a very good price. Location was great for yacht show and about a 30 minute walk to Lincoln rd. Shops and restaurants. One block to beach and boardwalk. Parking lot was full when we arrived, but we parked in the parking garage across the street for $30/ night. Smaller hotel. Two men working at the front desk were very helpful. Always there to answer questions, even printed a map from online for us. The rooms as clean, comfortable bed. Fridge and tv included. The only downside is that it was VERY NOISY especially when sleeping at night. The windows are shutter style and do not block out the noise well. We slept with earplugs. Otherwise, decent place to lay your head after a long day walking around miami beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the streets.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Pierre. We appreciate every suggestion on how we can improve our guest experiences. We are happy to see you enjoyed our location during the Boat Show. Perfectly stationed along 43rd st, there were many attractions in the area so we can see why you experienced a very noisy stay, We apologize for this inconvenience and will share this with management to work towards an effective solution. We will be sure to tell our staff a job well done and hope you stay with us again! Thank you for your business and courtesy.
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have just recently just stayed at this hotel for 8 nights our experience was ok, the employees are very friendly and are willing to help as much as they can. The only bad thing was every morning at 8:00 AM, the guys working were extremely loud, so it was like an alarm clock the other noise was from the street and other hotels near by that are being renovated. There is a shuttle service if you ask at the front desk or you can call your self. The room did have roaches but when we complained (being from upstate NY we don't have them unless your dirty.) the next day the exterminators truck was out front. The hotel itself is a work in progress, they are working on it and it looks just like the pics on here. The rooms are a good size, and are for the most part clean. A good place if your only sleeping there... Over all our experience besides the bugs was good....

Room Tip: The lower rooms are where you have the most noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello from Hotel Pierre. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. Please know we handle each review with great importance as your suggestions help us improve! Although we are happy to hear your overall stay was good, we continue to strive for better. We understand situations happen and our staff is great for fast solutions. We will be sure to address the pest issue with management and hope you accept our apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We hope you stay with us again to see our improvements on your next stay to Miami Beach.
Noblesville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Where do I start? During our check-in process, the desk clerk kept helping other people, rather than having them wait their turn. He actually made a photocopy of my credit card and license (which we got back the next day). The room had two outlets, one behind the bed and the other behind the fridge and TV. No outlets in the bathroom so we had to drag the bed away from the wall to recharge phones, ipads, etc. The bathroom door hit the sink when you opened it, so to get into the bathroom, it was easier to put one foot in the tub and one on the floor to be able to close the door to get to the toilet. The tub didn't have a stopper and there was black mold in the grout behind the shower curtain. You get two bath towels, but no wash cloths or hand towels. But that's okay because there are no towel bars anywhere. No A/C so we tried to open the windows but they wouldn't stay up so we put a trash can in the window to hold it open. The room had a ceiling fan and to turn it on, you have to stand on the bed to reach the chain (and I'm 6'4" tall). We killed a roach and decided to leave it for housekeeping to remove (I hope). And if you check out their own web page it states that there's a shuttle that departs every half-hour to the airport. That's a lie...

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pierre, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello,

It is with deep regret that we read your feedback about your stay with us. Any issues brought to our attention are taken extremely seriously and it is unfortunate that we were not given the opportunity to resolve any of your concerns during your stay. We will be sure to share your comments with our management team so that corrections will be made. We Value your business and hope you visit on you next vacation to experience our improvements

Best,
Guest Relations
Fayetteville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Roaches, no heat or a/c, no phone, no door lock, windows don't completely close, no Internet, no airport shuttle (despite one advertised) and noisy as hell. Oh, and an employee randomly walked into my room at 8:00pm, no knock or anything... literally just walked in and took off when I jumped up.

There is the summary, now the detail. No matter how much you may want to save a few dollars, avoid this place like the plague. I froze all night with the temp in the 40's, windows that don't seal and no heat in the room. The loud cars, horns honking and people yelling on the street were impossible to overcome as, again, the windows are basically open.

The roaches were a complimentary addition to stark white concrete walls and simple furnishings; I would have said it was like a prison cell except prisons don't have roaches. You physically just feel dirty in the place. I kept my luggage zipped to keep from carrying these crawling guests home with me.

The bathroom was so small that you couldn't open the door without hitting the toilet. Proper procedure here is to open the door, stutter step right, bend like a contortionist, close door and then move to the toilet (repeat in reverse order to escape).

Wifi only works in the lobby and posted a stunning 43k download speed. Seriously, it took the google home page 47 seconds to load, so let's just call that no wifi. So now I'm behind concrete walls, in a confined space with no communication with the outside world... with an employee busting into my room. And as a bonus, the room doors don't have security locks - awesome!

Even the basics such as a "do not disturb" sign are missing from this hotel. You can't get a wake up call because there are no phones. There is at least a mini fridge, unfortunately it is also the TV stand. There are no lamps either, but hey, what's the point of lamps in this environment anyway.

Oh, and the airport shuttle they advertise... that is them calling a cab for you. So add about $50.00 to what you think this will cost you to cover the can fare.

Trust the reviews and don't ruin your trip. There is no reason, seriously none, that you should even thought bubble staying at this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Pierre H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pierre, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Pierre. It is unfortunate to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We handle each review with great importance and implement each suggestion given.

I am sure if given the opportunity, we could have addressed many issues and accommodated you accordingly. We do hope you come back to visit us on your next trip to experience our new improvements.

Thank You for your business and have a great day
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at this place from Jan 14-Jan 18th, and I dont think I ever been in a Hotel that it was this bad. I know "You pay for what you get" but this was way too much, since I've stayed in a Cheaper hotel with better condition. Unfortunately, I didnt looked at the "traveler pictures" from tripadvisor, otherwise, I would pay a bit more for better quality. Here is the list of what we found that was terrible.

- Our bed was broken. When you sit at the end, the other side jumped. We asked for a new room, but of course got rejected because their hotel got "full capacity"
- The bathroom toilet was moving when you sit down, and it was so small that you barely able to clean yourself. Literally, its a kid toilet.
- The noise. Be prepare to only get your sleep for only 3-4 hours because the siren, honking and traffic noise will wake you up MANY times during you sleep. During this trip, I felt so tired because I couldnt get enough sleep.
- The towels. I know the towels was probably washed, but it all has MAKEUP on it. EWWW!!! my towel has eye liner, and my friend got foundation on his towel. Very disgusting.
- Bed Sheets. It was old and has stains all over it.
- No air condition. Luckily, the weather was cold when we arrived, so we didnt need it, but the first day we got there was humid and I thought... What? what hotel doesnt have air conditioner? even a third world country had air conditioner in their hotel rooms!

Seriously, it sucked. I thought I booked this hotel for me to put my stuff in and just to sleep at night, but little did I know?! I usually dont listen to other people reviews much, but now I'll have to! The only one good thing about this hotel was a "mini fridge" that they provided.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more, if you want a good sleep!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Pierre.

On behalf of Hotel Pierre, We apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. The quality you were given is inexcusable and we will address all incidents noted to management. if given the opportunity, I"m sure we could have addressed many of the issues presented and accommodated you accordingly. Here at Hotel Pierre we strive for a 5 star rating and i'm sure on you next visit to Hotel Pierre, We'll achieve our goal.

Thank You for your business and have a great day :)
Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for one night. We got to the reception and the woman there was very friendly and helpful! Room and bathroom were quite small but clean, and included a mini fridge which was great. Only downside is that you have to pay extra for parking and its on a first come first serve basis so they didn't have a spot for us. But overall, not a bad experience at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Pierre? Share your experiences!