“Spectacular Fiftieth Birthday Celebration at The Gale South Beach ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gale South Beach

You added Gale South Beach to your Saves list
Gale South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1690 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Spectacular Fiftieth Birthday Celebration at The Gale South Beach ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Gale South Beach is beyond spectacular!!! You must stay here!! The purpose of our weekend stay was to celebrate my fiftieth birthday with family and friends. Finding a South Beach hotel where a large group of us could spend a truly memorable weekend together was absolutely essential and The Gale South Beach did not disappoint.

The entire staff is at your service offering personal and instinctive service that you would expect from the more traditional luxury branded hotels. From the moment I arrived I felt special. I was greeted warmly by the valet who asked if I was checking in and when I gave him my name he wished me a happy birthday and told me the hotel is looking forward to welcoming me and my guests for the weekend. The front desk greeted me warmly with a glass of champagne to enjoy during the check in process and also mentioned my birthday weekend. The bellman gave me an informative tour of the hotel and my guest room. I arrived a day earlier than everyone else in our group and knew within minutes of arriving from the energy of the staff and the look and feel of the hotel we made the right hotel choice for our weekend celebration.

The guest rooms were fantastic! Love, love, love the rain shower that is also a steam room, and that they have bathrobes that actually fit someone my size-normally hotel bathrobes are much to large. The bed is to die for (and so is the hands free Toto toilet).

Our group loved the smaller rooftop pool. It was perfect for us to gather at all three days. Ordering food and beverage from Dolce or private dining was quick and easy and the food was always delicious.

Our plan was to have a kick off dinner at a nearby hotel (which we did) and my dinner celebration at Dolce Italian Restaurant located at The Gale. Our Catering manager, Rachel Tenen was delightful to work with from beginning to end. We thought our dinner for 35 guests would be limited to the restaurant until we had our tour with Rachel and she showed us the rooftop terrace which was exactly what we had in mind- it was a definite wow!! The menu at Dolce is served family style and very easy to choose from especially for a large group. We had a wonderful variety of food for our cocktail reception and dinner. The service we received was stellar and everything served at the party was prepared to perfection and absolutely delicious!!

A big wow for me and my family/friends was walking into the Regent cocktail club and seeing on their menu board a cocktail named for me in honor of my birthday "The Fancy Nancy" Talk about creating a memorable moment and building customer loyalty!!! The hotel has a very strong and talented food and beverage team. The entire hotel team is strong and talented.

The concierge team is exceptional. I already miss both Greg and Kristine who checked in often to see how everyone was doing and if we needed anything. Every requests was take care of without delay. Housekeeping did an outstanding job as well. We all loved the GuyandGirl amenities.

This was the most memorable birthday celebration I could have imagined and I cannot thank the entire hotel team enough for making me and each of my guest feel so special and for exceeding our expectations. The Gale South Beach will forever have special meaning to all of us. YOU MUST STAY HERE!!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed this weekend at the Gale South Beach, what an amazing time we had!!!! The Gale is this great little gem in south beach that I will tell everyone I can about how awesome it is! From the moment you arrive, check in, the amazing room product, pools, location etc. The Gale has it all!!!! I will be back and highly recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Kaskade building... room size is a little larger :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent this last weekend celebrating my friend's birthday at the Gale. From check in to check out the service was impeccable. The Kaskade building was perfect for our group of friends. We pretty much took over the pool for the entire weekend. I want to mention Jeff Mikus as he went above and beyond to ensure we all had a memorable experience. I will definitely recommend this hotel for any friends visiting the area.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the moment I arrived until the hour that I departed, the entire visit was nothing less than exceptional! The agent at checking was very personal and friendly yet professional as she welcomed me to the hotel. The Kaskades suites were absolutely amazing. I enjoyed an immaculately clean spacious oversize accommodations with an intimate patio Jacuzzi, a comfortable king bed and great room amenities and the room is tailored with the latest gadgets in technology to accommodate the business traveler or just the everyday guest. It was a simply perfect visit, and I look-forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the Kaskades Suites
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This building has been restored beautifully and the attention to detail everywhere is stunning. We've had a lovely break and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The bar, restaurant and rooftop pool area have all been highlights and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone. Hopefully we'll be back ourselves soon.

One negative I would say is that there is so much technology in the rooms which is great, however if it isn't all working it gives a bad impression and is very annoying. However this certainly didn't spoil our stay which we loved.

Stayed May 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From check-in to (late) check-out, we had a remarkable experience! We were greeted with champagne upon arrival. The staff was super friendly, accommodating and informative. Our room (at the kaskades part of the hotel) was amazing!!!! Like, seriously. Then there's the rec room (basement lounge) where we had a blast. The crowd was grown and sexy, drinks were perfect and the music was great. On the day of check-out, Jeff made sure our stay was great and gave us tips on where to go after check-out which allowed us to continue to enjoy our trip as long as possible. He is definitely a great face for the brand!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed an entire week at the Gale South Beach. The size of the rooms were absolutely fine for our party. The shower / bathroom setup however is rather novel where there exists no door separating the two from the bedroom, and there's even a glass window next to the mirror which allows you to see through - not really an issue though if you don't mind that. We ate at the hotel restaurant Dolce on the first evening and were very impressed, to the extent where we caved to the occasional room service order from time to time. The pool on the roof is exceptional, although I can understand why there are some complaints regarding pool-side service, especially during the week. We did initially check-out of the hotel pre-memorial day weekend as prices understandably rocketed, although upon checking in at our new hotel we decided to leave and return to the Gale again for a further 2 nights. Jose Luiz at the front desk was very understanding of our situation and was able to offer us an exceptional rate at such short notice - the following day they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne in the room for my friend's birthday - a nice touch. Overall it was a relaxing, enjoyable stay. The staff were all very well trained and polite, and were not afraid to share a joke with you. Paying $19 a day for the parasol at the beach is a bit of a stinger on top of the $25 a day resort fee but it's Miami - an expensive place, where you expect to have to dip in to your pockets a little bit.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
GMjeffrey, General Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Jay Harr,
Thank you for this incredible review of Gale South Beach! As an extended stay guest during a peak holiday weekend on the beach, not only did you find other accommodation, you came back to us and the refined service of Jose Luis. When we are able to unwind and engage with our guests, it allows us to find out more and engage in conversation to provide special touches...
We know you'll be back and look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!