“great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
St.gallen
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

the only thing, that is missing, are UMBRELLAS in the roof top pool-area! very very very good real italian pizzas in the DOLCE restaurant! room was very big, but there were too less storage room for our clothes ;(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I approached the Gale Hotel about proposing to my girlfriend at the Hotel. The hotel had a very sentimental meaning to her for the pictures on the wall are all her family including one of her as a child. I was nervous that the hotel would not be accommodating and that this special day I had planned would not go as planned. I COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!! They were not only accommodating they went out of the way to make it a day we will never forget. Their staff was exceptionally friendly and excited for us. The managers Oscar and Anamaria, the concierge Gili and all of the staff were AMAZING. They allowed me to hang my own photo on the wall and set up the pool area. I will forever be in their debt for making our day so memorable. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. If they were this nice to me I can only imagine how exceptional they would be with an actual guest. Thank you from both myself and Elana.

Daniel Miller

Winter Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent 24 hours in South Beach for a 40th bday bash, and the Gale was the perfect place. Right across the street from the beach and some of the larger hot spots like the Delano....but quiet enough to sleep in the next morning. The pizza in their restaurant rocked (quite a compliment coming from two New Yorkers) and they upgraded us to a room with a balcony (which also rocked). The only drawback was that our rooms were a bit on the small side, but it's like Vegas....you shouldn't really be hanging out in your room, right??

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Gale South Beach is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. The customer service is A+ and the property itself is immaculate. The new lounge opened the night of my stay in which was very pleasant experience with awesome drinks.

The room its self was very clean and extremely modern. Bathroom was equipped with a amazing rain shower with marble throughout.

Will definitely be visiting again soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Best hotel I've ever been to. Great amenities. Free rides with a gulf cart very convenient staff went above and beyond on their service from the time we walked in to the time we left. You get your money's worth and more !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Lake Ridge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I originally booked the Bentley, which is Gales "sister" property. More like the evil step sister to me. The bentley was shut down by the fire marshal which I was told by Lee Greenspan the hotel manager. So three days before my travels I received an email stating I was move to the Gale. The Bentleys other manager Oscar assured me that I would be taken care of. It was very disheartening because I wanted to be on Ocean drive not across town at Collins, but at this point I was stuck between a rock in a hard placed. My trip was booked months in advance and there was no where to go. We arrived late and was informed we had a room upgraded. We got to room 317 and something about this rooms layout was off. There was a balcony that was bigger than the room. I immediately called and asked to switch rooms. I was informed the hotel was booked. For the next three days I continued to ask and was declined. At 11am coming back from breakfast I seen room 320 being cleaned and ask to check it out the maid let me and I instantly knew I would be comfortable. I texted downstairs and was told someone was waiting on that room. I wonder how that is possible since check in is at 4pm. I've already paid and was staying for 5 nights. I was informed by the concierge that she can assist us with finding another hotel. REALLY. Nope not me I rather stay and get on your nerves. The next day we were moved to room 415 much nicer room. A simple room change is all I asked for since I was being inconvenience from the beginning. The Bentley and Gale don't work together at all. Making us change hotels should have been a time the Gale shined and made us have a better vacation. The location move and ugly room defiantly spoiled our vacation. I'm writing this review from the better room now. We are still trying to de stress. The bartenders are amazing drinks are expensive. The hotel is overall clean. You do get two chairs and towels on the beach but the attendees were rude. I witness them yelling at customers numerous times, the umbrellas cost us 15 bucks, they are not included. Restaurant is good, and we didn't go to the club in the building there is smoking allowed and I have asthma. I would recommend gale if that's what you booked, but don't let the Bentley throw you there. You will be treated like you just have to deal with it.

Room Tip: Don't got to 317
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello Denise,

Thank you for being so forthcoming with your feedback. I feel it is incumbent upon me to specifically touch on all of your concerns. I have been in thorough communication with both Lee and Carlos regarding the entirety of your experience. Before I address anything, I want to apologize. We do understand that it is inconvenient to have to stay at an alternate property. We do however, go to great lengths to ensure a smooth transition should this unfortunate situation arise.
With that being said, it is imperative that I clarify, from our perspective, some of the points contained in your review:
Bentley was not shut down by the fire marshal. Bentley is undergoing a comprehensive enhancement project. The second floor is currently out of service. We anticipated the completion of the project last week. Unfortunately, inspections from the city, which we have no control over, were delayed. In addition to fire inspections, there are several other inspections that need to be completed as well. This is a routine procedure in any building enhancement project and is not indicative of anything except thorough due diligence and compliance on the part of the hotel.

Regarding your notification of the transfer of your reservation to Gale:
We understand that it is inconvenient to move. In light of this, Bentley did several things in an effort to be as empathetic and as considerate as possible. We notified you three days in advance and included the option to cancel the reservation without penalty. When you chose to keep the reservation and relocation option, Bentley did not relocate you to a downgraded property, in fact, and to the contrary, they provided you accommodations at Gale. Gale is one year old. It is modern, crisp and has numerous outlets and amenities. Additionally, Gale is in an elite tier on Trip Advisor as seen in the numerous reviews below. Gale is, in fact, an upgraded property and is well equipped to ensure that all guests are afforded nothing less than excellent service and product. I’m sorry that you have not been able to experience that.
When you informed Lee of your dissatisfaction, you were offered appropriate compensation from Bentley. In addition to Lee’s offer, Bentley invited you to enjoy VIP services at their rooftop pool with champagne and several additional items to set appropriate ambiance for a nice evening. Gale also offered you a late check-out and a room change to an upgraded room… all of which, you accepted.
Regarding room 320- You are correct. Check in is at 4pm. Check out is at noon. People do regularly check out prior to noon. Housekeeping begins cleaning rooms as early as possible. It is important to be efficient in cleaning the rooms of early departures… as some other guests, when applicable, are afforded late check outs. Rooms that are utilized for late check outs must be cleaned quickly to accommodate arrivals for the same day. 320 was assigned to another guest and was not available. I’m not sure why, but it seems that you felt mislead on this front. I’m happy to explain in more detail if you like.

Finally, you mentioned that the concierge at Gale did offer to assist in finding alternate accommodations. Then you eluded to the comment, “Nope not me I rather stay and get on your nerves.” I want to assure you, Denise, that guests that have verbalized issues, inconveniences or concerns regarding a stay at one of our properties, do not “get on our nerves.” I’m certain that I speak for Carlos and Lee as well when I say that we take it as a learning and growing experience and we will employ, as you’ve witnessed and accepted, multiple solutions that are strictly designed to turn a negative experience around. I regret that our efforts have fallen short with you. After collaboration with my colleagues, it seems that we have exhausted all of our options for making this an enjoyable stay for you. I hope that in the future, and with the knowledge contained herein, we will have the opportunity to have you back. I’m certain that, after clarifying the entire situation, you might have a better understanding of our perspective. We, in turn, understand what is important to you during a hotel stay and we’re confident that we can provide you a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.

All the best,

Ana.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I highly recommend staying at the Gale. I stayed with a few friends and we absolutely loved it! It is in a great location, in walking distance to shopping, nightlife and restaurants. It is also right near the beach. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful! There is also a great restaurant on the property, Dolce and several bars on the property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!