“Gale Wins” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Gale Wins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I just got back from a staycation in Miami Beach. Originally, I made reservations to stay at the Bentley Hotel on South Beach, but I was advised at check-in that we would be transferred to The Gale hotel due to renovation issues. This was a good upgrade. The Gale is a new hotel with a lovely staff. Gili, the concierge was very helpful. One of the perks to staying here was that the hotel offers a free shuttle to anywhere on south beach. Both drivers that we had, Reggie and Brian, were awesome! My only concern with my stay was that our room was a dungeon. There was a window, but we could not see out of it because they blocked it out with fake grass (kind of a bummer if you're on south beach), and the room didn't have any furniture like a chair or a desk for us to put our things. So if you stay here those are things to be mindful of. Also, make sure you budget for the daily $25 resort fee that they include in addition to your rate. You get access to the beach/pool chairs and towels, wifi, and a $15 credit toward food/beverage. Your average drink is going to run you $15 anyway. They get you coming or going, but it's a standard staying on the beach. The Gale was good!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the hospitality is the best, by far the best I've ever had in South Beach. Hotel staff were very attentive,and speedy.The rooftop pool and service, 5 star. Highly recommended and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear nxtladyink,

We are flattered by your wonderful comments regarding our Team. At the Gale we strive to deliver the best customer service in the setting of a luxury boutique hotel and I am very happy to hear we managed to meet your expectations in this regard. We are looking forward to your return visit.

All the best,

Ana.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had a great experience at the Gale South Beach and would highly recommend it. Very nice hotel and kind, hospitable staff. Excellent bed and shower. I recommend you get there early enough to enjoy the rooftop pool (closes at 8pm).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My son and I loved the Gail. It was so crisp and clean. Every employee we came in contact with was kind and helpful. My only suggestion would be to let your patrons to please be aware of the $35.00 dollar a night parking. While not mandatory, if you are staying at the hotel more than a night really that is the only way you can realistically park. It would just help to know when planning your budget.

• Stayed July 2014
Malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stay here if you like modern luxurious style and exquisite service! Everyone was incredibly helpful and the guests were all happy and friendly too - because you can't not enjoy your stay at the Gale!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Gale South Beach this past weekend for my Bachelorette Party, and the location was perfect. Not only was the hotel stylish and comfortable, but the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. I never felt like I was bothering anyone, and the text service system they have was efficient and easy. In addition these great qualities, the hotel has a fabulous restaurant on the first floor, serving some of the best Italian food I have ever had. If we weren't in the mood for Italian, it was extremely easy to find something else, as the location is very central and within walking distance to many restaurants, including everything on Lincoln Road. I would highly recommend staying here if you ever visit the area, it was overall superb.

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferred, as there is some noise from the bar/lounge that is located in the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

By far this hotel was the best I've ever stayed in. From the moment our group walked in the door, the hotel staff made sure we had the weekend of a lifetime. The hotel was very personalized in that we had a welcome message with my name on our hotel tv, a text message service for any needs, and a bottle of champagne was awaiting us in our room with a personal note congratulating the bride-to-be. The staff was extremely helpful recommending places to go and things to do. One staff in particular had promoter friends at some of the clubs and got us on the list. We had free admission and got to cut the extremely long line. From the doormen who opened the doors every time we came in and out of the hotel, to the wait staff at the pool and restaurants, and even to the cleaning people, every person that worked there was there to serve you and made sure you were having a great stay. When I say the service was phenomenal, I'm not even slightly exaggerating.

The hotel is actually across the street from the beach versus being right on it. I hesitated to book this hotel for that reason, but I'm SOOO glad I did it anyways. We had one beach day, but spent the rest of the time at the pool. We never missed the beach at all. Honestly, we could have stayed at the hotel the entire time and been happy. It is a very intimate setting. The facilities, restaurants, and bars in the hotel are all amazing. I highly recommend eating at Dolce. The Italian food was incredibly authentic and delicious. That's saying a lot for someone who has been to Italy 3 times. I could go on and on about how great this hotel was.

That being said, there are a few things you should note. We did stay on a higher floor, and you could still hear the music from the surrounding club. We were there to have a good time though, so it didn't bother us at all. The showers are completely glass and open to the room, but they are happy to put a curtain on the outside for you if you're sharing with friends. The $25 resort fee gives you $15 of food and beverage credit EACH DAY but it does not accumulate and roll over from day to day. We misunderstood that. The service, cleanliness, and overall vibe of the hotel far make up for these minor complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!