“Great location, very cute !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Upgrade to Kaskades Suite
Ranked #38 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location, very cute !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Girls trip to south beach. 4 of us shared a room with 2 double beds, the only draw back --small room. We made the best of it. The beds were comfy, the room was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice. A lot of people go to the beach so we were able to get chairs every day. The pool is small and quiet but that was fine for us. If we wanted to people watch we went to the beach. The resort fee was high when you actually have to pay for 2 additional beach chairs when you go to the beach. So let me clarify you get 2 chairs per room for free, well there was 4 of us, so the rental per chair was $10 a day, not bad. You do get $15 daily credit to use on food and drink. We ordered coffee everyday and that covered the bill. The beach chair location is a couple of blocks away. That could be a little annoying if you had kids or a lot of crap to carry. I really would not recommend this hotel for families anyways. I would say great for couples, good for small groups. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION perfect. Close to cool hotel bars like Delano, SLS.....close to liquor store, Lincoln for shopping and ocean blvd for eating. This is a cute hotel in art deco district. South Beach is very expensive so be prepared to spend money. Also don't forget the gratuity is included in most bills already. Have fun in the sun.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A quaint, hip spot! Love everything about this place! The service is amazing, staff super friendly, cute bar, great restaurant and rooftop pool...rooms a bit small but clean and modern! This is our second stay and we will return for sure!

• Stayed February 2014
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear ecorrell,

Thank you for being our repeat Guest and for sharing your experience with everyone. Our goal is to make the Gale the home away from home for everyone staying with us and I’m hoping we are starting to create that feeling for you. We are looking forward to your next visit. Meanwhile, we remain at your service!
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Having just left a very romantic, airy, spacious room at a Key West bed and breakfast, upon check in, the rooms at the Gale Hotel seemed very small. Once I got used to that, I came to appreciate the really luxurious bedding, the beautiful bathroom and shower, the gorgeous roof top pool with a bar and amazing views, and the beach front and lounge chairs designated for Gale's guests. The staff at both entryways and in the lobby were very friendly and helpful. It was a great location and an easy walk to all the sights, beaches, and shopping. While we had a rental car, we rarely bothered with it because everything was so convenient to walk to. It's a very romantic place for couples. I'd love to return one day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Riverdog2014,

We would love to welcome you back one day! Thank you so much for your gracious comments and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am looking forward to sharing it with all our team members. They will be very happy to hear you recognizing and commanding them for their friendliness and attentiveness. We are indeed located in the heart of it all, steps away from the ocean and walking distance to the main local attractions. Contact us at galeguest@meninhospitality.com to receive a special rate as our repeat guest.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I feel obligated to write a detailed review after the phenomenal stay we had at the Gale last weekend. I organized and booked a Bachelorette Weekend for fifteen women and decided on the Gale after speaking with Oscar. The rate was a great deal for the location, quality, cleanliness, and staff. Prior to my arrival, I discovered an issue with the booking and it was causing quite a bit of issues for my party. Mario, the manager, was unbelievable and helped me fix the entire situation in 40 minutes (or less). They were very understanding about the issue and it was resolved extremely fairly. I arrived at the hotel 4 hours before check-in with the Bride and several other attendees. Despite the hours before check-in arrival, we got two rooms immediately, including an offer to upgrade. After a little wait we had the rest of our rooms, still before check-in. The rooms were extremely clean (I have never said this about a hotel in Miami in my life). They remained clean the entire stay, as was the rest of the hotel (even the pool top bathrooms were clean!). The housekeepers even cleaned a room with 4 women (and 9 suitcases) and it was spotless. During our stay the staff was excellent and after living in Miami for 3 years I recall that customer service there isn't usually a priority, not the case here. The staff went above and beyond the entire time, housekeepers stopped by with extra towels each evening, Prosecco in the lobby, pool side bar service was great, gave us new key cards 100 times when we were locked out, and on and on. The pool is gorgeous and great for South Beach especially since so few hotels have them. One block from the beach (if that) and across the street from the Delano, SLS, and the Ritz and a couple blocks from Lincoln. We never once needed to drive or get into a cab so that was very convenient. They allowed us to divide up the total at check out among multiple cards which was so helpful. There are two things you should know before staying here in case it matters to you (didn't matter to us): the showers are see-through and open to the entire room so if you are a group thats good to know and the club in the basement of the hotel is pretty loud on Saturday. We were on the first floor and told the club below the hotel could get loud. Friday we didn't hear it at all. Saturday night we definitely heard it and its open until about 5 am so if you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs. If you aren't a light sleeper, don't even worry about it. Also get the vodka frozen delicious drink at the pool bar, doesn't have a name but doesn't need one. The hotel itself was beautiful and nicely designed. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The standard double rooms (two queen size beds) is perfect for 4 adults and more space than most bou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear tashandmatt2014,

I am thrilled you and your friends chose the Gale for such a special occasion and that Mario and Oscar were able to assist you making this experience seamless. We understand issues can sometimes arise, especially when trying to organize and take care of a big Group but we always aim to assist our Guests the best way possible. I am very happy to hear we managed to meet your expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to write this detailed review. I hope this experience is the first one of many more to come. Please visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff.
No fee for late checkout, despite suggestions to the contrary.
Great location.
Comfy bedding!
Really appreciated being texted when i left something in the room! As a result of having someone still at the hotel, i managed to get the item back without hassle: Excellent!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Jacko1933,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and writing this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our latest amenity, personalized text messaging and that it made your experience seamless. We have recently implemented it and the feedback has been amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Gale!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Each staff member made me feel welcome every time I returned to the hotel. The room was very comfortable, albeit small, and the pillows / bed were extraordinary - I slept very well. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: First floor rooms toward the back of the hotel are near a bar that played live music - if you aren...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear AneOhm,

This is great! I am very happy to hear you felt so welcomed at the Gale and thank you for your gracious compliments regarding our friendly and attentive services. We are looking forward to having you back for another excellent experience.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is my second visit to the Gale and I can't wait to be back! Service was amazing, the desk staff and concierge were extremely courteous and professional. I was impressed when Craig and Gili came to my room and treated us to a glass of complimentary champagne, turns out they go room by room to ensure every guest is have a great stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Karla G,

Welcome to the Gale family! Our goal is to make our Guests feel so welcomed here that they think of the Gale as their home away from home. I am very happy we have accomplished this with you and we are looking forward to your next visit. Craig and Gili will make sure to chill the champagne for you upon your return.

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!