“Do not look for great service, or extra atention from the employees.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gale South Beach

You added Gale South Beach to your Saves list
Gale South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1690 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Do not look for great service, or extra atention from the employees.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have to admit I am a very demanding costumer, never the less, this was a terrible experience since day one. First I asked to get my protein shake in the morning blend, their answer was, sorry we cannot do that, we do no have a blender, and I was like, what kind of hotel doesnt have a blender? I went right across the street to the Delano Hotel and they made my shake, with fruits, for free.

Then I asked for some room service, ordered cheese pizza, rather have it the safe way, and I get this bread with lots of tomatoes sauce, and 3 slices of mozarella cheese. Had to returned it, and the staff give me a lot of attitude about that being the signature pizza, thats the way they do it.

I had a reservation of 7 days, the 6th days they call me ask me to moe out, becasue they made a mistake, and let me know of this fifteen minutes before the meeting I had planned, so I had to pack, move, and switch rooms.

And last but not least, I ordered some books, and there was one missing, which the Concierge and Amazon had as delivered, but I never received it, I had to talk over half an ahour over the phone to convince them I didnt get the package, I just quit trying to convince them, an hour later my package arrives to my room, no Im Sorry, no nothing.
I like this new "boutique hotel" thing, where you got great design and pretty looking rooms, with terrible food, service, and experience.

Location though is great, right near Lincoln, I regret this being my awful experience in Miami Beach, but well I truly hope you do better!

Room Tip: Partying and friend trips will work awesome here, family and romantic trips, better keep away. Not t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Karlish SP,

Thank you for your review. At the Gale South Beach service is head and shoulders above all other priorities as you will see from the vast majority of reviews on our page here. Of course, it is disheartening to read when a guest thinks poorly of their experience, but equally confusing is what you detailed as the major problem that you have encountered. I’d like to take this moment to explain the details of your room move.
On the morning of your departure you requested that you would like to extend your reservation. We informed you that that would not be an issue; however, since you were in a double room and we were sold out in that category for that day forward that you will need to move to another room. Not only did we honor your original upgrade from a Signature to a Terrazzo, but we also honored the same rate. In addition to this, we extended a complimentary late check-out. It is unfortunate however that these measures by us could not be praised but rather were ignored.
Nevertheless, you did bring up a few points in your review that raised my eyebrow. These issues will be discussed internally in order to continue to deliver on exceeding our guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Suitland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I must admit...I had prepared myself for a so-so stay at this hotel. But the Gale South has proved me so wrong. If you are looking to find a hotel that does not curve the truth about what they offer and how great a hotel they are, you will find it here. The Gale is a beautifully designed upscale hotel with an entire staff to match. From the doormen to housekeeping, this hotel is definitely one that stands all by itself. The black and white decor throughout the hotel was exemplary and gave the hotel a richness and a swag you don't find in most hotels in MIA. The rooms were very nice and immaculately clean. If you needed anything, you never had to wait because the front desk was on it at all times. It's not one of the larger scale hotels in South Beach, but all in all, I can honestly say BIG things come in small packages. Gale South Beach-YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Won't be staying anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: The bathroom is in an open area, so you can see someone taking a shower. Would recommend that you as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in September. Great clean hotel with a lot of style and modern decor. The entertainment around the pool area could have been better but overall a great place to stay. My husband lost his wedding band on the rooftop pool when he placed it in our beach bag which had a hole in it. The concierge person Rafael promised he would find it when we reported it lost and by the next morning we had it back. I' pretty sure they were able to find it using camera's they told us another guest had picked it up. It is really important to know you and your personal belongings are very safe at the Gale the employees literally have your back. All the staff is very friendly and I will be returning to this hotel on my next trip to SOBE.

Room Tip: If the Hotel served breakfast that would only make it better. Every place in SOBE is very expensive...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just returned from 4 nights at the Gale. What a beautiful property with amazing staff. Everyone is service-oriented doing their best to please the guests. Initially we were given a fairly cozy room but we needed to work some during our vacation and so a table or small desk was desired. The front desk host (Methania) was very patient with us and moved us to a room that was better fitted to our needs on the second day when other guests checked out. The rest of our visit was perfect. The pool is a real retreat set amongst the beautiful buildings of South Beach with a view of the ocean. The location could not be better, right across the street from some of South Beach's most expensive and desirable hotels (which are no better than the Gale, just larger and louder). Famous Lincoln Road is a 2-minute walk away. Delicious restaurants, great shopping, superb people watching and everything else Miami offers is so accessible if you stay here. The beds are so comfortable and luxurious! The hotel smells phenomenal. It looks like we have finally found a hotel in Miami that we can return to with confidence of a satisfying stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor the first night and changed to the 3rd floor for the rest of ou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a beautiful, clean hotel right in the middle of some even more beautiful hotels on Collins Ave. It is a short walk to Ocean Drive and the beach. The rooftop pool was beautiful and where we spent most of our days. The food at Dolce, the restaurant onsite, was delicious for all meals. The rooms are a bit small, but we didn't really need more space while we were there for only a long weekend. They are updated and very clean. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. We loved SLS right across the street for a cocktail on their beautiful patio. Delano also across the street, is a must see as well. Our only complaint was no coffee pot in our room and outrageous drink prices, but we soon discovered Aroma Espresso Bar just a few blocks down (excellent coffee) and we also discovered these are just South Beach prices. Finnigans Way was a bit cheaper and a much more casual sports bar that we loved. Definitely stop at the liquor store!!

Overall, we had a great stay at the Gale and a wonderful South Beach mini vacation!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear AB3566,

Great to hear you have enjoyed your South Beach mini vacation and your stay at the Gale. Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed feedback on your experience. Your review can be a great guide for future Guests that decide to stay with us as you nicely describe all the main attractions close by to the hotel. We hope to see you soon!
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Myself and 2 girlfriends from Toronto, Ontario booked a 6 days, 5 nights vacation with the Gale and got more than we ever imagined. We looked up reviews and were floored with the beauty, location, and overall service comments that were listed. From the moment our cab pulled up to the front curb, to the moment we piled back into our cab to head for the airport, we received nothing but unimaginable customer service. Every staff member we encountered was outstanding, helpful, and extremely kind. Everyone was helpful in providing details regarding the night life and shopping districts. We did not encounter a single negative staff member. We could not have picked a better location. Just a street over from the beach strip, right in the middle of the club district, and only a short walk away from Oceans Drive, not to mention the Liquor store was practically our neighbour, we were extremely satisfied with our temporary home location. The hotel itself is gorgeous from the modern decor to the old black and white photos and roof top pool. I have absolutely no negative comments and would 100% revisit the Gale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
What a great review Stacey! We couldn’t be happier that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay so much. We are continuously working on improving our customer service and making sure our Team members cater to all our Guests needs. I am so happy to hear that in your encounters with them your expectations have been met if not even surpassed. Furthermore, as you nicely pointed out, Gale’s location is simply unbeatable. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Please contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com for a preferred rate.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Loved the roof top pool. My mojito was a bit pricey, but it is South Beach. Room are small, but chic. Service was outstanding. Concierge really went the extra mile when we accidentally left something in the room. He really saved our vacation. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!