“Gorgeous hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“Gorgeous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just spent a quick weekend at the Gale with 3 of my girlfriends, and I have to say, ALL of the staff are so warm and friendly! We were greeted with smiles, and so many of the staff went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable and our every need catered to. The young man who brought up our luggage and showed us everything in our room was such a sweetheart. He personally brought us extra toiletries and extra towels, on two separate trips to our room. We truly felt that he went out of his way to accommodate us. I wish I remembered his name, I think it begins with an A.....
The cocktails in the Regent cocktail club are AMAZING! Angelo and Dan are awesome, and can make anything your heart desires. Such a great atmosphere.
The Rec Room is also a fabulous club spot. Our waitress, Lauren, was so friendly and quick to get us anything we needed. The music was great, too.
The rooftop pool on the 5th floor was gorgeous! Damon made sure we had our food and drinks in a hurry.
Our room was clean and spacious, as I've stayed in other hotels in the Miami area that do not come close to comparing.
The rates were not bad, either.
Overall, I can't wait to go back! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the gale several times but never ventured up to the pool. This is a really cool spot to take a date. Damon, our bartender was very knowledgable with his spirits and wine. Great service, my girlfriend and i will difinitely be back!

Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and Instayed at The Gale for 3 nights and had a perfect vacation. We booked flights and hotel through Expedia and got a great rate for the trip. We arrived at 4pm and check in was very prompt and the front desk were very helpful. You have to pay $25 per room per night which is the resort fee but you get to spend $15 of that on food, drinks or a parasol on the beach. This is pretty cool as other hotels charge resort fees too but as far as I know you don't get any credit as such.

The room we stayed in was 204 and it was stunning. It's located on the front of the hotel overlooking 17th & Collins Avenue and because it's a corner suite it has a beautiful curved full length window which is original. There is a very small wardrobe, it's not tall enough to hang dresses or long skirts but you can request a separate clothes rack if that's an issue.

As I mentioned the location is perfect, step out the front door and you are just a few minutes walk away in any direction from bars, shops, restaurants and the beaaxh. You can use the beach beds at The Shelbourne but don't forget to take your towels as they are not provided because the hotel is being renovated. You don't need to pack any towels as they are free at the rooftop pool (which is fabulous). Also don't pack a hairdryer as they are provided and are super quick!

Overall we had a wonderful stay at the hotel and would love to stay here again. My only gripe with the hotel would be that you cannot turn the A/C off completely, ours kept turning itself on every 30 mins for 2 full nights in a row and sometimes they forget to turn the restaurant music off so I had to call down to the front desk at 12:40am to ask them to so and it starts back up around 8am which is a bit annoying but hardly a vacation spoiler.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I lived on South Beach for 6 years before moving to NY. I've made the Gale my go to hotel for my trips back to Miami. It is perfectly located near Lincoln Road, Casa Tua, SLS, James, Delano, and within a short walk to other properties such as the W and Setai. The rooms are well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The Regent Bar in the rear of the hotel is a great spot for cocktails before a night out and the Rec Room downstairs is a true South Beach locals joint with chill music and good people. If you're looking for an authentic South Beach experience, The Gale is the place to be. You can't beat the value and location.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Gale hotel was everything it said it would be! This boutique hotel has an excellent location for exploring south beach on foot. Adrian the bellman was super sweet and cute,always was there to help with a smile.Rafael was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend staying here,it's a wonderful place with lots to do at the hotel! Overall the staff is the best I've seen and best vacation ever!! The end :)

• Stayed September 2013
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear DrEvIL69,

I hope this is just the beginning of a series of marvelous vacations in South Beach with the Gale Hotel being your home away from home. Thank you for your gracious compliments, I look forward to sharing them with Adrian, Rafael and the entire Gale Team. We await your return to Miami, hopefully sooner rather than later!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

From the minute I stepped into the doors of The Gale I was in heaven. The bellmen were attentive, they greeted me, took my bags and escorted me to the front desk. The front desk agents were friendly and very informative of all the amenities. The bellman took me to my room and explained all the features the room had to offer. The rooftop pool was amazing with beautiful views. I dinned at the restaurant several times. The food was delicious. This will be my go to place when I go to Miami.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear tickels23,

I am thrilled to hear that our bellmen were able to make a great first impression and that good experience lasted throughout your entire stay at the Gale. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us at galeguest@meninhotels.com for a preferred rate as a repeat guest.
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel has some pretty definitive pros and cons. It is definitely a very nice hotel in terms of decor, and the location is fantastic, just a block back from the beach. The staff were all lovely and the roof top pool was fab.
On the downside...the noise and drunks. This is my own fault for not doing enough research - I didn't realise there was a nightclub IN the hotel. It is open Thurs-Sat so if you're looking to get any sleep on those nights, stay elsewhere. I had to try to sleep with noise-cancelling headphones on but even they didn't cut out the feeling of the bass. I called downstairs on the first night and they did ask the venue to turn it down, and I believe that happened, but it was still crazy-loud. The second night I didn't even bother. I mean, let's be honest, a nightclub is never going to be quiet! We were also woken several times by people coming home late and drunk, and our pool visit was kinda ruined by the obnoxious drunks up there (smoking, although it says not to). UGH.
I mentioned the noise issue when I was checking out (they asked how my stay was, and I was honest) and they were very understanding and open my feedback, which I appreciated. They tell me some new soundproofing is being installed soon so I hope that makes a difference, because as mentioned, appearance, location and staffing-wise it is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!