Just had a three night stay here, perfect fit for a more low key trip to South Beach. The service we experienced while here was above and beyond...major thanks to Raphael the concierge as well as Clyde who served us at Dolce (the lovely restaurant here). A few items of note:
- location can't be beat (unless it was truly on the beach)
- extremely clean, beautifully decorated hotel
- again, fantastic staff!
- loved the chill vibe of the pool...definitely not a spot for people who want to party but rather want to relax
- the Regent Cocktail Club and the Dolce Italian Restaurant were both fabulous dining/drinking venues. Both exceeded my expectations. We were treated to an incredible live concert at the cocktail lounge by Brendan O'hare, a local musician who is truly talented and entertaining.
The not so good...
- Verizon customers will have a hard time getting service here
- not sure about all rooms but our room with two full beds was teeny tiny. Didn't matter much because we were out and stayed in and even just two people in there almost seemed crowded
- not a lot of privacy in thebathroom area of each room
- an additional $158 charge magically appeared on our final bill. We noticed it and it was removed but it was an added "gratuity" on there by accident.
- the K-17 beach access is a good 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. No alcohol served.
I would definitely stay here again but recommend it for folks looking for a more casual, intimate atmosphere. Not a good place for folks with kids or people looking to blow it out/party. But it was perfect for a quick and fun getaway with my sister. Thanks to the staff at the Gale for everything.