Just had a three night stay here, perfect fit for a more low key trip to South Beach. The service we experienced while here was above and beyond...major thanks to Raphael the concierge as well as Clyde who served us at Dolce (the lovely restaurant here). A few items of note:
- location can't be beat (unless it was truly on the beach)
- extremely clean, beautifully decorated hotel
- again, fantastic staff!
- loved the chill vibe of the pool...definitely not a spot for people who want to party but rather want to relax
- the Regent Cocktail Club and the Dolce Italian Restaurant were both fabulous dining/drinking venues. Both exceeded my expectations. We were treated to an incredible live concert at the cocktail lounge by Brendan O'hare, a local musician who is truly talented and entertaining.
The not so good...
- Verizon customers will have a hard time getting service here
- not sure about all rooms but our room with two full beds was teeny tiny. Didn't matter much because we were out and stayed in and even just two people in there almost seemed crowded
- not a lot of privacy in thebathroom area of each room
- an additional $158 charge magically appeared on our final bill. We noticed it and it was removed but it was an added "gratuity" on there by accident.
- the K-17 beach access is a good 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. No alcohol served.
I would definitely stay here again but recommend it for folks looking for a more casual, intimate atmosphere. Not a good place for folks with kids or people looking to blow it out/party. But it was perfect for a quick and fun getaway with my sister. Thanks to the staff at the Gale for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gale South beach & Regent hotel is set on the Southwest corner of 17th street and Collins Avenue, just steps from the ocean. Located in the heart of South Beach, the hotel is within walking distance of popular attractions including Lincoln Road, New World Symphony, Fillmore Theater, Miami Beach Convention Center, and Ocean Dr. The 87 room luxury boutique hotel features certified green rooms and signature suites offering luxury Italian linens, marble bath appointments, exclusive Menin Hotels GUYandGIRL bath amenities, a 55 inch high definition LED television with an expanded 90 channel HD lineup on the latest IBAHN system, iHOME docking station for the latest ipads, fully stocked mini bar, WiFi Internet access, room service, state-of-the-art fitness center, access to the K17 Beach Club, and nightly turn down service. Gale South Beach offers a collection of food and beverage venues including Dolce Italian Cafe & Bar, the Regent Cocktail Club, a rooftop bar and Rec Room. Leisure activities include Beach Cruisers, Saturday Morning Beach Yoga and rooftop pool deck with city and ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, TravelClick, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Gale South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.