“A true gem....it's where you want to be!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade to Kaskades Suite
Ranked #39 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A true gem....it's where you want to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I just got home from a great weekend in South Beach and I couldn't wait to get on the computer and give my review of a brand new swanky hotel called The Gale on 16th and Collins Avenue. This brand new hotel doesn't miss a beat....the room are elegantly simple and quite inviting with all of the modern bells and whistles. The rain shower was pretty amazing too! The hotel is loaded with pictures of old Miami Beach....it's pretty cool to see the history of the city as the backdrop for the hotels new design. The design in warm and inviting and the vibe is definitely cool!! Check out the rooftop Infiniti pool with a view of the ocean. The restaurant is great...and the hotel bars have a pretty good scene late at night. They even have a great coffee bar. The staff is friendly and they are eager to please. The only complaint I had was that the closet space was small......I wasn't moving in so I got over it fast! This is my new favorite south beach hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Anamaria T, Manager at Gale South Beach, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear HolBre,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our brand new hotel and countless amenities that Gale South Beach & Regent Hotel has to offer. The hotel design is striving to create a signature South Beach class and chic Italian notes. Our rooftop pool has definitely been a hit among all our Guests as the 360 degrees view of the city and the ocean is absolutely breathtaking. We look forward to a return visit to this “true gem” and in the meantime, remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Having a soft opening during the chaotic week of Art Basel, the Gale managed to keep it together and host our group with a fantastic hotel experience. The staff was lovely and helpful, and the rooms were small but chic and immaculate. It's not in full swing just yet (fyi Amy Sacco's basement club is), but I can't wait to see what's in store for this sure-fire hotspot come mid-Jan, when the hotel officially opens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear goldgirl87,

It’s been an honor to host your group during the week of Art Basel and we are looking forward to having you back at the hotel! You are absolutely correct; the Rec Room is in full swing and has definitely been the hottest spot throughout the entire week of events. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff as we take great pride in providing the highest level of customer service. I encourage you to visit secret-rates.com when you decide to return so you can book your next stay at a great rate.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wow. I stayed here last second just by walking by the place. Didn't expect much, not on beach, but looked cool and retro from outside. Walked in and was blow away how cool the place was. Bellman, mike was his name, cool uniform and super sweet. Girl at front desk gave me and my friends a great rate during Basel and especially last second! When we walked into the room we were stunned at how pretty the place was, big tv, marble bathrooms and the most comfortable beds and sheets I have ever stayed on! I slept the best in 3 months. I left today and will return in January to miami and will 100 percent book again here!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear SGalena,

Glad your walk by brought you to our beautiful hotel and we were able to accommodate you during such a busy time as Art Basel. We are thrilled to hear we have exceeded your expectations in terms of design and service. I will be sure to pass the recognition on to Mike. We look forward to your next visit!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were rejected from a sister hotel of Gale hotel (SHELBORNE hotel) for a room we had paid. We pre-paid a room for over $300, but yes we're transferred to this hotel. Arrived at this hotel, we're given a small with small window facing an awful back of the building (see photo I posted). No proper customer service that really alleviate our anger after being transferred from another hotel under the same management. Worst we're given a room with a rate of $240 (shown on credit card machine), even though we paid $340. NO refund or any credit given back to us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Noble L.,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay in Miami Beach. It is our goal to deliver a relaxing atmosphere and create memorable experiences for our Guests. As a valued Guest of the Gale South Beach & Regent Hotel, we would like to have the chance to win you back. I invite you to email me directly at ats@meninhotels.com so we can coordinate your next stay in one of our Signature Terrazos Suites so that you can receive a true Gale experience.
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Not often are you able to be the first to review a hotel - but here we are - staying at the brand new Gale Hotel having a great time.

The hotel is simply beautifullly decorated and designed - but more importantly - the staff is 200 % focused on giving the best service.

The hotel is today 3 days old and one would expect some start up problems in a hotel with a fully new staff. Not here - the staff is most professional and is able to make a great atmosphere in the hotel

There is a fashionable pool on the roof with 360 view of Miami Beach a first class restaurant at first floor and a nightclub in the basement.

This is a place I would like to go back to - and will !!!

Room Tip: I would go for a room above first floor as first floor is close to the bar - but not much problems.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear tangisoslo,

Wow! – what a generous first review. Thank you for your high praise of the Gale South Beach & Regent Hotel. We are delighted you have enjoyed our unique décor and we appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly and attentive staff. The entire team is looking forward to having you back for another first class experience.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at other Menin properties, including the one in Chicago an at the Shelborne in South Beach. This hotel just opened this week and at the Last minute I needed a room for Art Basel. What a surprise, even though my room was a little small, it was absolutely beautiful and very well appointed. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, they made me feel I was at home.
Even though they are not directly on the ocean they arrange for us to get free beach chairs across the street. The pool on the roof was breathtaking.
This will be the place I will only stay on my next visit to South Beach and very reasonable, I only paid $325 for a great room during Art Basel.
Special thanks to Ana at the front desk to attending personally to all my needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear BobbiR,

Your loyalty towards all Menin Hotels properties is incredible and we were honored to have you as one of the first official Guests at the Gale South Beach & Regent Hotel. We are happy to hear that our luxurious boutique style has met your expectations in terms of room amenities, pool and beach access. Our personalized service is a priority among all staff members and I am flattered of you mentioning my name in this wonderful review. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Gale South Beach? Share your experiences!