“Food ! Decor! Ambiance !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katsuya by Starck

Katsuya by Starck
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Katsuya)
+1 305-455-2995
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsuya by Starck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 842 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
Description: Enjoy Chef Uechi's signature sushi and robata with new touches inspired by Miami's local Latin flavor at SLS South Beach.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Food ! Decor! Ambiance !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Me and my friends made reservations on a busy Saturday night during art Basel. First I would like to start off by saying I have never been a fan of eating raw food but the salmon lemon roll that my friends made me try was absolutely everything. When it came to ordering our cocktails, Martin suggested the kiwi envy this drinks was perfecto not too much alcohol, not too much juice. I admire the fact the restaurant is tapas style because I could not eat all this food myself. We ordered desert which took a while to finally hit the table. I was beyond full by the time the desserts had came to the table. I just couldn't resist the chocolate cake! I'm coming back for it!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I've eaten in amazing restaurants all over the world and this experience was by far the best I've ever had! The food was incredible, but our server Erin just made the experience one I will never forget. She was friendly, warm, knew everything about the food, and could answer every question we had! I will eat here again because of her! Her suggestion of the Stripped Baze was something I never would have tried on my own, but now it is one of my all time favorites!!

Montville, New Jersey
“Good food good menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the Brussels sprouts app and the crunchy rice with spicy tuna. The cod was not comparable to nobu as the waitress promised so I switched for salmon and caviar on cucumber rounds which was light and refreshing. I'd stick to sushi type items. Overall a good meal with a nice energy in the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
boston,ma
“Amazing flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Upscale sushi/Asian food. Small plates for sharing. Everything is not only absolutely delicious but so beautifully presented! Service is excellent , crowd is hip, highly recommend this restaurant for other foodies?

New York City, New York
“Expectations Exceeded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Out of the three Katsuyas I have visited, this has been my favorite Katsuya location! This place is perfect for date night or a fancy birthday dinner. Much dressier and less family friendly than the others I've been to.

I went to dinner with three of my friends and were seated very promptly upon our arrival.

Katsuya actually BEGAN my addiction to sushi. Before Katsuya, I never liked ordering raw fish but when I tried their fresh tuna and albacore, I knew that it was done right!!!

I can't remember all the names of the food we ordered.. But I was able to try the spicy shrimp which I LOVED, the tuna salsa app, THE BEST! Lamb chops which were another must have, with pesto and veggies!! For dessert, donuts are my favorite.

To say the least, I'm highly satisfied and I would definitely want to come back! I must add, the lobby bathrooms are a bit confusing and far.