“Amazing! Can't wait to go back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katsuya by Starck

Katsuya by Starck
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Katsuya)
+1 305-455-2995
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsuya by Starck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 844 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Amazing! Can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It was truly a great experience. Even before arriving to Katsuya I was called by one of their hostess who's name is Jessica was confirming if I was arriving shortly with my party. To my favorite part which was the food. From the crispy rice with spicy tuna, to baked crab hand rolls, kiwi scallops, BSC roll, rock shrimp roll, lobster dynamite, and of course dessert mochi is a must have. I will now compare every other restaurant to Katsuya, it was truly amazing delicious and the energy throughout the restaurant makes the experiences that much better. Get a group of your closes friends and enjoy an amazing Japanese cuisine. Make sure to also try a glass of Louis XIII.

Kuwait
“My Favorite on South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have dined at Katsuya more than once, and just haven't had the time to write up a respectable review.

First off, their starters are amazing! I have the albacore topped with onions EVERY time I'm there. Between the South Beach atmosphere, the level of hospitality, and the quality of their food, I recommend Katsuya to everyone! Miami is notorious for having poor service and I was pleasantly surprised to be "taken care of" while at Katsuya. Managers greeted my table for nothing more than to say hello and all the staff were upbeat and smiling. I have never had a bad experience and their always busy.

Not to mention to entrance of the SLS Hotel, on your way to Katsuya the boutique hotel includes an exclusive bar and lounge area. I always find myself and friends spending hours here at the hotel because there is so much entertainment to choose from.

If you are ever in South Beach Katsuya is a MUST for great Japanese food with a twist!

• Visited September 2013
New Brunswick Canada
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A truly lovely find in South Beach- nestled in the SLS Hotel. The service was impeccable - and fun I might add. Thanks to server Karly and her trainee! I arrived early not knowing the restaurant didn't open until 7 and witnessed a very energetic evening staff huddle. Pays off in spades!!
I ordered exactly what staff recommended and was not disappointed. Perfect in every way.
I dined alone and noticed several others doing so as well. A very comfortable environment in an upscale hotel.
All I can say is WOW. And WOW again.

Oslo, Norway
“Only in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place has it all from decoration to food, including the upscale trendy Miami style crowd. We ate deliciously creative food. My preferred sample : the Yellow jalapeno, the Katsuya ceviche, kiwi scallops, Tuna salsa. We ordered as well a sushi and a sashimi sampler. We concluded with a chocolate lover cake. First advice : dress up. Second advice : if you're looking for the lively atmosphere book a table on the ground floor but bear in mind that is very noisy. If you prefer quieter, ask for a table on the first floor. In any case book in advance.

Port of Spain
“A total experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Food was deliciously creative and new. The chef created some tasty morsels that left an impression. The wait staff were attentive and a delight to interact with. They were quick and seemed genuinely interested in attending to us. The volume on the music were a little on the loud side. The décor was modern and engaging.

Visited September 2013