“Just One Or Two "Odd" Things for Class of Hotel !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Staffordshire
“Just One Or Two "Odd" Things for Class of Hotel !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Taken us a while to post review (due to lost notes) !!
Just a few issues with maintenance in the room for example toilet and bidet experienced leaks/blocks although these were dealt with we thought they should have been checked before re-letting rooms.
Something that we have not experienced before is that you could not pay for excursions booked via hotel consierge with your credit card or charge it to your room account. They would only except cash payment. Found this strange as these days not a lot of people travel with huge amounts of cash at the ready and from a security aspect all the so called "experts" tell you NOT to take cash abroad. This seemed to be a policy in Miami as our second hotel (Hilton Downtown Miami) worked the same. If you intend to take excursions you will need a lot of ready cash !! Really good location for the hotel and within walking distance of the beach, restaurants, shopping etc.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I happened to pull up some info about the Bentley after seeing it on TV tonight and wish I would have written my review of our last minute family vacation last year.

Upon arriving early, they did everything possible to get us into our room. I decided I wanted more than a partial view and they upgraded me to the suite across from the spa at no charge - delightful.

My wife, 11 year old daughter and I stayed there the last week of July last year, in 2009 and it was incredible. I've been to many upscale hotels and the Bentley sets a precedent. If you're reading these reviews, please remember that not everyone is going to be pleased - alot of these reviews are apparently written by those who have expectations that may not ever be met or perhaps, from their perspective, they've been used to staying in a 2 or 3 star class hotel and expected something that doesn't exist.

I paid cash for my stay and they accepted cash for my incidentals because I had closed my credit cards and use only cash. I had cleared this with the manager and there was no problem. I am huge when it comes to good service and the Bentley didn't miss a beat. We were treated like royalty and will be back. Every penny spent was well worth it.

Thanks to the extremely competent management and staff, I've found a place in Sobe where I'll feel like home when I come back. Great job folks

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, especially after seeing the Hilton Bentley on television. We certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to South Beach soon!

John Laclé,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed here for a quick week taking in the Miami sunshine. We actually knew of this hotel the year before when we stayed somewhere else and passed it everyday on our walk to the beach.

The hotel's location is just amazing, you wake up, eat breakfast by the outdoor pool then the Bentley's beach club is literally 10 steps away. imagine by the time you have located your SPF a beach dude has put out for you one of the hotels padded upholstered beds right on the beach, with the clear blue ocean just feet away. This is the only way to experience Miami beach.

The hotel is a little traditional for us in terms of the decor and feel but its location and service ethos really win you over. Its also at the quieter tip of South Beach and for those that don't do South Beach after 2.00 Am this is a good thing.

Coming to South Beach again in 2011 and The Hilton Bently will be our home for our time there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear our "location and service won you over." I will share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2011.

Kind regards,

Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the HIlton Bentley hotel this past weekend for a bachelor party. Now let me preface this with the fact that we are not big club hoppers or looking for the biggest trendy spot to hang out, but let me tell you this is a great place to spend time with friends. We were greeted by Roberto the doorman/bellhop who took our bags to the back until our Penthouse was clean...super nice guy even filled our cooler with ice for the beach. We ,ade our way to the beach although be prepared to pay for chairs and umbrellas $10/each or a shade tent cabana type deal for $20. The beach is amazing. With food and drink service on beach as well even though we brought our own. We then made our way up to our 3500 sq ft room which is top notch. Great views of the beach and 5 different patio areas to hang outside (2 covered) along with a rooftop hotub fitting I bet 8 people comfortably. Everyone at the hotel is super nice. Aimee and William by the pool are amazing, the bloody mary's and harry palmer drinks are amazing. We ate at Quinn's and Red Steakhouse both pricey but incredible food and amazing enviroments. The penthouse is also where the Kardashians just filmed their new show in miami...its is amazing..check it out!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the now world-famous Hilton Bentley Penthouse. I have passed on your compliments to the team. Thank you for sharing!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. I stayed here the night I flew back from scuba diving in Tobago. Absolutely, a great room, view, huge king pillow top bed...loved it. I went to the spa and had by far the best massage ever. I'm a huge spa diva and I won't ever go to Miami again without getting a massage at the Bentley.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, particularly detailing your experience at our Spa 101. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bentley soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

The room was spacious with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and great balcony looking over the city of Miami Beach. The other side of the hotel had balconies looking over the ocean. This hotel is at the quiet end of South Beach (Ocean Avenue), but located on a nice stretch of beautiful sandy beach (get there before the oil does!). Other people who stayed at other hotels in the heart of South Beach said they couldn't get to sleep until 2 or 3 a.m. because of the night life outside.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on our location. I couldn't agree more. On another note, there is absolutely no oil on Miami Beach, and from the latest reports, highly unlikely there ever will be.

Kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I recently planned a company meeting at the Hilton Bentley. The facility is a short walk to the action which our group saw as an advantage as the area was quieter. The music from Nikki Beach next door was a bit much, but it was only loud on Sunday night.

Their onsite restaurant was adequate if expensive, but this should be expected in the area. The pool area was nice and there was sun until approx 4pm. Plenty to suit my needs. The waitstaff in the pool area was friendly and helpful.

I felt the event staff tried to provide upscale service, but did not appear to have the coordination to make that happen. Our employees were supposed to receive free wi-fi in their rooms, some did, some didn't. Breakfast vouchers were supposed to be handed out at check in, but I ended up taking care of this on the first night. I felt as if I had to manage some of the needs to ensure they were executed as we agreed. This took away from my ability to attend some of the meetings I was asked to attend.

Katrina, the catering manager bent over backwards to do what she could for us. Henri, the food and beverage manager was down right crabby. When I mentioned this to Katrina, she did her best to smooth things over. William McClain was also very responsive, but I was very surprised when I called to get a final reconciliation 2 days after the event was over and found out he no longer worked there. I was told he quit to take other employment, but this was never mentioned to me. If I had been the DOS I would have taken over our event.

I have spent the last 2 1/2 weeks trying to get an itemized accounting of our spend. In many cases the amount charged does not agree with the banquet event order and although they promise to provide additional details, I have yet to see it. The lunch charge for one day included 52 beverages and 4 gallons of coffee. Given that there were only 15 guests, I would say that is unrealistic. I did get them to agree to that and remove it as the BEO indicated beverages were included in the pricing.

Unfortunately I have been forced to file a dispute with my credit card company. The Hilton agreed to credit a few of the charges, but I never heard back regarding the remainder of concerns.

My problems

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We very much appreciate your business and partnership. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the hotel's location for conferences and events on South Beach.

I recall your conference with us this past May. It was a pleasure hosting your group. I certainly hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

I apologize for the service experienced from Henri. He is no longer employed with the Hilton Bentley.

I sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies with our high-speed internet service and breakfast on the first day of the event. I understood we had rectified the concerns soon after it was brought to our attention?

I also regret our billing dispute, the details of which need not be mentioned here.

I hope we can welcome you back. Thank you again for sharing.

Kind regards,

Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!