“July 2014 Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Saint Augustine, Florida
“July 2014 Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We reserved the oceanfront suite we desired 3 months in advance. The front desk staff got us in the room 2 hours early. Good first impression. We got to the room and found a bottle of wine, complements of the GM. Good second impression. The room was large, clean and exactly what we wanted. The view was outstanding. We hit the beach right away, and were greeted quickly with a glass of bubbly and an escort to a couple of shaded beach chairs. Maria provided outstanding beachside service - never missing an opportunity to greet us by name for the duration of our stay. Yes, it takes a while to get food delivered out on the beach - so set your expectations that way and enjoy the view while you wait. Back at the pool, Raul was chatting up the customers and mixing outstanding drinks. Ask him for a margarita and you won't be disappointed - I've already changed my recipe to match his. Inside at the bar, Carla was very pleasant and helpful with dinner recommendations. We had one small issue with the air conditioning and it was resolved in 30 minutes. All in all, it was a very good stay, and in my opinion, management has made a point of emphasizing customer service to the staff - it shows. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have been a business travel for over 15 years and an elite Hilton Honors member for many years. I made a reservation months in advance and cashed in 120,000 hilton points for 2 nights. Upon checkin I noticed the construction and asked for a room away from the construction. We were put into a tiny room on a low floor with 2 buildings under construction outside our room. Construction starts at 6:00 am and it is very very loud. The hotel landscaping people were also looking in our windows at 8:00 with their blowers and weed eating equipment. Very stalker like and made my wife very uncomfortable. I asked for a different room, but they refused to move us. The valet also lost our ticket so we waited an extra 30 minutes before they found the car and acted like it was our problem. The TV in the room was broken and each channel had various levels of volume with a broken remote control. Nothing about this hotel was worth the stay. I called the General Manager the day after our stay to give him a chance to address our concerns and he never called me back. The service at this hotel and the disregard for our comfort will now make me a former Hilton Honors member and will not return to this property and second guess staying at any other Hilton. Avoid this hotel if you think is it nice or relaxing.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your loyalty Hilton.

I am very sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations, and missed the initial opportunity to make it right. We are working hard to cure the service miscues stated including valet service, and television disrepair. We recognize you as a valued Hilton guest. I am sorry we were unable to offer upgraded accommodations for your visit. I certainly hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back.

John Laclé, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I Enjoyed My Stay At The Bently. Jonathan works at the front desk and was so nice from the moment we walked in. It was my birthday and he even left a little present for my cousin and I in the room while we were out. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hotel is located right on the beach at the very southern tip of South Beach. Lobby and staff very nice. Great restaurant Prime 110, directly across the street, Joe's Stone Crab within walking distance. Have stayed a couple times and getting the right room makes a big difference. Some have balconies, some are tiny. I would suggest trying to get a corner studio in the oceanfront tower. Ours came with a microwave, mini-fridge and kitchen sink. All marble floor and bathroom. Located next to Nikki Beach, so Sunday nights are going to be loud if you are on the South side of the hotel. Great views from that side, of the inlet, and the cruise ships going in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for corner studio in front tower. High floor better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

South Beach ranges from 1st to 22nd. This hotel is on 1st so it's on the very southern tip of South Beach. It's quieter and away from all the craziness, although there is a lot of construction going on across the street right now (July 2014). There's beach access and ample seating at the pool with a wait staff and small bar at the pool. The pool is very small. (I ordered caesar salad at the pool and it was one of the best I've ever had). I was in a suite in the west wing. It was beautiful and very spacious. The layout of this hotel is a bit odd in that there are 2 separate elevator wings. The breakfast was good and this hotel lived up to Hilton standards. If you want to just sneak onto SoBe but be away from the action to sleep, this is for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wantage, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A resort of this appearance, would lead a person to believe, that they are in for a stellar stay. Nothing could be further from the truth, while it is modern in appearance (thought I'd put an emphasis on that), it is dirty, poorly kept, and a beach that is littered with empty beer cans and debris. The towels for the beach chairs are yellowing with stains. The staff is very aloof, and convey an attitude of, "we got your money; now go away". Overall, it's far from a Bentley and more like a VW BEETLE WITH A BENTLEY GRILL.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my very sincerest apologies for the operational and service breakdowns experienced, particularly at our Beach Club. I recognize we missed your expectations. We are working hard to address the observations made, meeting the high expectations of our guests. Thank you for your time sharing your experience. I certainly hope we may welcome you back.

John Laclé, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed one night, July 16th, at the Hilton Cabana hotel. We had planned on staying two nights but upon arrival and exploring we decided it as too far north ($15 cab ride one way) to most of the places to eat on Lincoln and Ocean Drive areas. Hilton Cabana is new and nice but pretty far from everything. So we unexpectedly moved to the Hilton Bentley. Awesome experience here! We only stayed one night but had a good time. Nice location right off the end of Ocean Drive. Nice beach area. As a gold member we were given an Ocean Suite upgrade and full breakfast (did not get that at the Hilton Cabana even though it was available). Given we only stayed one night and had to check out by noon we hit the beach the next day and the hotel granted us access to showers to freshen up and change before we moved to Fort Lauderdale Beach Hilton as planned for our final night of our trip. While South Beach if fun we moved up to Fort Lauderdale Beach Hilton and love the area much better. If you are just wanting a south beach Florida location, fly into Fort Lauderdale (usually cheaper) and hit the Hilton Beach Resort there. Also no 18% service charge on every drink and meal. If you are looking for a Hilton property in South Beach, this one is very nice and is a good hotel. Good location and service was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!