“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute for 1 night after deciding to visit Miami for a night out.
The hotel was easy to find and right next to the beach. As our room was not ready for us on arrival we took a walk down south beach to explore. It is about a 5 minute walk from the bars, restaurants and shops.

Once in our room I was pleasantly surprised how spacious and nice it was. There was even a sun lounger on the balcony.

We were able to use the facilities after we checked out and were happy to take advantage of the beach and pool facilities.

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a couple of nights or as an reasonably priced base while visiting Miami.

• Stayed June 2013
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your review. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed the hotel’s accommodations and location. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Miami soon.

Best regards, John Laclé, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Harrisburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel Service Excellent Beach Excellent Hotel Close to dining, which can be a bit of a hastle when they attack you line Carnival people. Overall Hotel is as advertised. Be prepared to take a cab down to the shopping. Oh!! one more thing in South Beach gratuity added to your dinner bill. They will not tell you unless you look closely. Got stung once for double tip

Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Hilton Ocean is a real mix. The rooms were nice as was the staff overall. However, the conference room had virtually no air conditioning (in 90 degree temps with 90% humidity) and the curtain behind the screen moved as workers brushed against it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Van Wert, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great service. Stayed 2 nights for 40th birthday. Arrived at 10 am. Able to check-in. Given a corner room (515b) with larger balcony (city view with partial ocean view). Older hotel, but kept very clean. Everything in our room was in working order. Kichenette (mini frig,, sink, microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware). Service great from the front desk, to housekeeping, beach butler (Marlon). Ate at De Rodriguez Cuba. Food was very good, but not excellent. Drinks were good. Happy hour appetizers and drinks $5. Beach service was wonderful. Resort charge now includes 2 lounge chairs (padded) and 1 umbrella. Food and drink service provided. We sat there the entire day with excellent service. Ate across the street at Prime 112. Excellent steak! Expensive but worth the cost. Hotel right next door to Nikki Beach. Main concierge was reachable by email and knowledgeable. Young concierge at the hotel desk gave very limited information.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room (515 b), Did not hear any noise from Nikki Beach
San Ramon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my first trip to Miami, and this hotel had it all! We had a partial ocean view, a balcony, a room full of working amenities (including a microwave!), friendly pool side service and fall out of your room access to the beach. My husband had a conference in the hotel and had great food and views the whole time. I had the best tag-along trip ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Exton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I had a 5 day stay. We arrived early and were told that we would be called when our room was ready, 3 hours later we were still not given a time frame as to when we could expect to be in our room. An hour after that a manager noticed us looking miserable sitting outside of the hotel and made some calls and got us in our room within 10 minutes which was fantastic. Our room was nice but somewhat dated.
The pool area was nice and the beach is right outside the gate of hotel. When we went to the beach and found an open chair we were quickly approached by the staff who redirected us to the Beach Club hut to get chairs. Little did I know 2 beach chairs and an umbrella would cost us $30 for the day. Needless to say the rest of the days we sat in front of the chair area on our own towels in the sand.
There was noisy renovation work everyday of our stay right outside of our room starting as early as 8 am. The kitchenette with microwave, decent size fridge and toaster was nice to have. A few things were broken like the door to our fridge, the latch was missing on the bathroom door so you had to dead bolt it to shut it.
One morning we chose to try the continental breakfast which was buffet style and right next to the lobby. After eating we are handed a bill which I was not expecting for a standard, self serve, continental breakfast. The total cost with $8 gratuity already added only for bringing a pitcher of coffee to us was $56 for my wife and I.
Maybe my wife and I aren't used to this type of inflation and gouging that may go along with expensive, well to do hotels and establishments. But with a big name like Hilton and spending the premium $250/night, we weren't expecting $30 to use a beach chair and $56 buffet breakfasts I could have for free at a Holiday Inn. We're newly weds and wanted to stay in what we expected to be an accommodating, well kept establishment but were unfortunately let down. And to add insult to injury, I had two $35 valet parking charges on my credit card (we took a taxi) which I thankfully caught as we were checking out. I don't think we'll try another Hilton regardless of the location.

Room Tip: Try the 10th floor as they were renovating it as we were there. Hopefully it will be newly finished...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review.

Please accept my apologies for our inability to offer your room immediately upon your arrival, and the maintenance related concerns of the room. We have addressed these concerns. I very much hope we may welcome you back for a more perfect experience.

Reviewers: The hotel now offers a resort service fee of $20.00 per day which covers the cost of Internet, beach chairs & towels, and local calls ($75 value). Our valet parking charge is $35/day as noted on our website.

Best regards, John Lacle, General Manager
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had my wedding at the Hilton Bentley and I could not have imagined a wedding going any better than ours did! The Hilton Bentley staff was absolutely amazing to work with, especially Valerie! I also stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding and found the accommodations to be spectacular! The room (a 1 bedroom suite) was very clean and spacious. I had 3 bridesmaids, 2 hair stylists, 1 makeup artists, my mother and myself all in the room the day of the wedding and we still had PLENTY of space! I would HIGHLY recommend the Hilton Bentley not just for a wedding, but also for a regular vacation. Everyone we met was friendly and the hotel restaurant's food was unbelievably good. Especially their classic mojitos!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!