“Good location but not ideal for young children” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #54 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Good location but not ideal for young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Let me start by saying the location of the Hilton Bentley is second to none 100 yard walk to the start of south beach what more can be said

We had a part sea view suite I thought it was a good room with a little kitchenette in my opinion these should be dropped as when your in Miami you want to eat out and enjoy yourself the room did need a lick of paint in my opinion

We stayed before we started our cruise and maybe we should have done more research as it was myself ,wife and our 3 year old daughter the pool area is not set up for young children and for this I would properly not stay here again

We come at the start of spring break and there is a day/ night club right next door that played music from 11 till late as if it was in the room with us..

All in all a good hotel but not a great one

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Park Ridge, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our 6th stay at the Bentley and as always had a wonderful time. Only booked once through Hotel and the other times through unitowners. We stayed for a week and the proximity of the hotel makes it easy to get around to almost anywhere you want to go. Great restaurants in the area. Ate at Prime, Fogo, LoLaconda and D Rodriguez. We enjoyed D Rodriguez so much. Menu with wide variety of wonderful dishes and most of all our waiter Alfredo was fantastic and so accomodating. We actually ate there 3 times! All staff professional and friendly happy to cater to your needs. Thank you Bentley for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Like higher floors, have better views especially ocean views.
Cosby, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We travel to Miami Beach once every ten years to dine at one of our favorite spots, Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant which by the way just celebrated their 100 year birthday. I wanted to go down in December, but found the South Beach hotel prices way beyond our means. I kept an eye on the prices at the Hilton Bentley until I found a rate of $284.05 per night. That was still more than I wanted to pay, but the options for a nice place were limited. I booked a studio and was offered an upgrade to their 1 king 1 bedroom suite "City View" for only 41,971 points more on my Hilton Honors account. I had never used any of the points over the last 20 years so why not? I can usually figure that a loyalty point is worth one cent, so I gave them $419.71 in addition to the $641.04 in cash for the two night stay. That came to a grand total value of $1,060.75 for the two nights. That did not count in the $70 required valet parking fee for the car.

I hate to admit it, but that was the most expensive hotel we have ever stayed at in our 47 years of marriage.

The hotel is great. Staff were exceptional even to the point of knowing your name after only one interaction. The Cuban restaurant on site was fun and interesting with some novel dishes for us to try at lunch. All dinners were at Joe's Stone Crab, two blocks away. Beautiful marble existed throughout the common areas and rooms including the bath.

Now the slight nomenclature issues we experienced. You might remember I indicated we paid for a City View Suite. We were in suite #602 on the north side of the building. Our view was totally encompassed by the next residential building about 50 feet away. If we strained looking to the east we could see a small strip of ocean. To the west we strained to see some construction of a new condo going up. Management needs to work on properly describing the rooms. This property is what is called a "Condo Hotel", and is quite common in Miami Beach. Each unit is individually owned, but managed by Hilton. This being the case there are discrepancies in the furnishings and features in the rooms. Our room has flat screen TV's in the living room and bedroom, but only the living room was high definition. The bedroom unit was a nice TV, but without the proper signal it is a waste of money. The kitchen had a nice fridge in it with a working ice machine, but the water dispenser did not operate. Was it turned off so you would have to buy the bottled water at $4.00 a pop?

Again, we enjoyed our stay and I hope that the sales team works a little harder on their promotional material.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter due to the "Club" scene on the south side that goes la...
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Close to the strip on Ocean Drive but far enough to be away from the hubub there. This is an awesome hotel, with great staff and a fantastic beach - only drawback is price is a bit steep and our sleep was disturbed by noise from Nikki Beach Club next door. Would not recommend staying here during Ultra week.

Room Tip: Rooms on west and north side will be quieter
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at a number of high end properties over the years and this one was great. Perfect South Beach location, staff was outstanding, room was excellent. Easy to get around South Beach and a great park/marina within a couple of blocks. Would go back again without hesitation!

Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Used Hhonors points for a five night stay in April 2012. We booked the lowest category room and our room was very nice- not an ocean view but we could see Biscayne Bay- I wasn't expecting to have any view at all.
The room was great- very clean, fantastic bathroom with tub, nice big balcony with chairs. Loved every bit of it. I felt very comfortable and secure there, we did not even use the room safe.
We did not rent a car and didn't miss it from this location (valet parking fees were probably the same as the daily car rental rate so it didn't seem worth it). We took a walk to a drugstore and picked up booze, water, soda, snacks. We ate at the Asian restaurant (Phillipe) across the street, also ate one evening at Smith & Wollensky in South Pointe Park. We walked everywhere from the park to Lincoln Rd and everywhere in between. It was good to get some exercise in our otherwise gluttonous vacation!
The beach was nice. Pretty quiet... Service was a bit slow but we didn't mind. Loungers were comfortable. We brought our own thermos cups and asked the pool bartender for as much ice as we could fit in a small collapsable cooler and made our own drinks at the beach.
We spent happy hour at de Rodriguez one afternoon. Great apps and drinks! Bartender was very friendly, great service. A definite must do if you're staying here.
I had contacted the hotel a month in advance to request a balcony (I guess a couple of rooms don't have one) and when we arrived at the hotel The guy who checked in remembered me! I wish I could remember his name, he was very nice.
Our room overlooked Prime 112 across the street. We spent a couple evenings people watching, it was very interesting. There were Ferraris and Bentlys parked outside every night.
I would definitely stay here again, in fact we are strongly considering it for our next getaway this fall.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is not one of your dirty, old, Art Deco buildings on Ocean. It's located in the lower numbers (1st & Ocean). I find it to be in a quiet area across the street from Prime One Twelve (steak house). The rooms are devided on 2 seperate wings. There is a salon and spa in the hotel and both are highly ranked by reviewers.
The suite we stayed in was well decorated. I appreciated the tufted headboard in the room.
Valet service & front desk had awesome service.
The pool was nice and chill with Cabanas. Next door to the Hilton is Nikki Beach, a hot spot in Miami.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!