“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Sydney
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband is a Hilton Honors member and booked this hotel on points. We were allocated a room overlooking the buildings at the back - not what we expected from a Miami Beach hotel.
We had breakfast which was in a dark room and looked like it had been a nightclub the evening prior. The breakfast was really substandard for a Hilton and the overall service of the hotel was disappointing.
The whole hotel looks tired and really needs refurbishment.
The location is right at the end of Ocean Drive so not central at all.
We actually left and found elsewhere to stay as we were s disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies. I have sent you a personal message to learn more. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewers, the hotel is located beachfront on First Street and Ocean Drive in the sophisticated “Sofi” Enclave (South of Fifth Street) of South Beach. Our location allows for a more quieter and serene South Beach experience, adjacent to the best restaurants on South Beach including Prime 112, Smith & Wollensky and Joe’s Stone Crabs. The hotel is five blocks (five minute walk) away from Fifth Street where the nightlife action begins and lasts through dawn.

The hotel features Studio Suites, One Bedroom Suites, and Two Bedroom Suites with City Views and Ocean Views. We take special care in offering the best accommodations possible for our most loyal of Hilton Guests.

Sincere regards, John Laclé-General Manager

816 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hi, I stayed at this Hotel in late November 2012, while waiting to join the Cruise ship 'Vision of the Seas' for the next 5 weeks..
The Hotel has that warm and friendly feeling as soon as I walked in, it was extremely nice very close to the local beaches ('Nikki Beach')
I was welcomed again by the doorman, the hotel lobby staff and reception, who were all seemed to be happy and smiling, and as usual,nothing was to much trouble.
The Hotel is situated in South beach, with a few minutes walk to the vast beaches and play areas.
There is a small lobby bar, next to the restaurant.
again the staff here were very friendly, and made me feel very welcome, and made me some great cocktails that evening.
When I was there , the weather was not so good, with rain and windily, but still warm.
For me this Hotel is typical of the Hilton group.
And I will defiantly stay there again
Capt.Harry

Room Tip: I had a superior room with a Balcony, which I think most of the rooms here have. The room was very...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Bentley January 13, 14, 2013 anticipating a relaxing stay as this property is on the "quiet "end of South Beach. Not so. On check in found out that there is a huge "club" directly next door on the beach that blasts music well into the night that can be heard two blocks away. The hotel itself has some updated rooms, but too many things that go wrong in a 2 night stay such as lights out in the room, TV volume that couldn't be adjusted, inoperable safe and, in a non smoking hotel, a cigar smoker who puffed away on the adjacent balcony, spoiling use of our balcony. These were addressed twice with management and only the light bulbs were replaced. Add to it their restaurant that advertised dinner service until 11PM, but was shuttered at 9 when we arrived to dine. Skip this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations of a quiet hotel experience, due in part to Nikki Beach next door. Please accept my apologies for the miscues in your room. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewers: The hotel is located beachfront on First Street and Ocean Drive in the sophisticated “Sofi” Enclave (South of Fifth Street) of South Beach, a more quieter and serene part of South Beach. Nikki Beach next door, though relatively quiet, does have a nightlife scene on Sunday evenings, as was experienced in this review. Based on this review, I have contacted Nikki Beach and asked for their consideration in keeping the noise level down on Sunday evenings.

Sincere regards, John Laclé-General Manager
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January for a short visit to see our daughter in Miami Beach. It's at the WAAAY south end of South Beach, which, while a bit out of the way, makes it a bit quieter. You can still walk up along the beach or on Collins, but it's over 1.5 mi to where lots of the action is around 17th St. which wouldn't be fun in summer.

Our room had a balcony overlooking the west tower. From the corner of it, we could see the ocean. Good parts: I found the front desk staff exceedingly friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast, included in my rate in the Cuban restaurant was a decent buffet. I overhead the price which sounded reasonable too had I to pay for it. The blackout curtains were good and our room was pretty quiet for sleeping. The pool is small, but the lounge chairs by it and the short walk to the beach are great.

Needs some improvement: our hallway often smelled strongly of garbage at night. Not sure where that came from. Housekeeping was less than stellar: we were missing towels which took a while to correct upon arrival, and some fruit peels were still on the floor in our bathroom. It takes a while to get a taxi and you may be better off walking to the main street to hail one yourself. The mojitos in the Cuban restaurant's bar were the weakest I had in Miami. And yes there is current construction, which for us smelled more of construction than caused noise. Must not have been near our 6th floor room.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if I use points or my company pays. For the rates I saw if I had to pay, I'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I also must agree with most of reviews
- rooms really needs a renovation (I think part of hotel is renovating right now), shower handle fell off
- poor housekeeping - our family - 4 people in the room, every day we got just 2 towels so I called to reception for 13 days every day....
- on the beach the others appartments or hotels such as Marriott.. besides Hilton has very beautiful place for kids with many toys, umbrella.. Hilton doesn`t - why? (look at the foto) and the staff prepare this place every morning. So I was in the chair with my husband and our kids were in Marriott area...
- my credit card was blocked in check-in by hotel - that`s ok. Finally I decided to pay with another credit card. The receptionist promised me the hotel cancelled the blocking my first card immediately. Then I found that my card still has blocking about 7.000 USD although this amount was written off the another credit card. I think that is too much at on time... I asked hotel manager for helping when I returned home. No answer... Part of blocking my credit card has been released next week.

Positive:
our room was quiet and sunny with beautiful view
friendly staff at breakfast
nice beach service (you pay 10/each chair and 15/umbrella), glass of champagne and bottle water for Diamonds member every day - very nice
nice location
starbucks on the corner:-)

I stayed at HGV Suites at South Beach in the May 2012 and I must say - if I can choose - I choose this suites for my next vacations...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very friendly front staff and concierge greeted us, and the suite was very comfortable and spacious. This hotel was probably was converted from a condo project, thus designed from scratch facilities do not exist here but they are still satisfactory.
Excellent location makes up for most other shortcomings!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I can agree with most of the latest negative reviews:
- unorganized and long check in process
- very loud! First we had a room on the top floor. The air conditioning on the roof is so loud that we asked for a new room the first night (reception was helpful and friendly with this). But also the new room was noisy. You can hear the elevator "bing" even though our room was furthest away from it and you can here literally everything going on in the hallway or in neighbouring rooms
- both rooms were in mediocre condition and it felt like nobody is paying attention to the details (e.g., the plug in the bathtub was broken or on some parts of the celing the color was coming off)
- our second bathroom could need a renovation
- some elevators and floors were smelling funny

Positive aspects: pool area is quite nice and has good service, staff was friendly, nice beach position

Overall, it was an OK stay on points but not worth the money.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!