“Awesome time and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Palm City, Florida
“Awesome time and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Booked the hotel with Hilton HHonors (Gold Level) points for three days over Christmas with my wife for a quick getaway. I had emailed the hotel after booking to confirm a particular room based on tripadvisor reviews. Not disappointed. The Manager, Mr. Alejandro Rico and the Concierge, Mr. Luis Gonzalez, were able to accommodate our request (Room 1017) and upon arriving in the room, there was a nice bottle of champagne and sweets! Room was a one bedroom suite with kitchen and a huge wrap-around balcony overlooking the ocean, government cutaway (watched cruise ships leave for destinations unknown) and the lights of downtown Miami. Watch the sun rise every morning. The hotel is boutique; two 10-story buildings with smallish but classy lobby. Outstanding service all around. Nice pool area on the small side but intimate. Beach area is very nice, cabanas, umbrellas and chairs are available for a nominal fee but worth it. Breakfast every morning was a nice continental one, for $5 you could upcharge for hot but not necessary. The hotel is located below 5th street (the start of South Beach) in a more quiet area. Was able to walk to the energy of Ocean Drive where all the restaurants are, but from the Hilton you are only a 5 minute walk from Joe's Stone Crabs (great takeout) and Prime (across the street). A most excellent choice made perfect by a great, professional staff focused on customer service. Only downside is the hotel is right next to Nikka Beach Club....it can get loud (during Sunday the party went till 5am, but my wife didn't hear a thing). And the wireless internet in our room was non-existent. Minor issues. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Room 1017 is the best at the hotel. You are not in the building closest to the beach but you see ev...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonBentley, General Manager at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review of the Hilton Bentley. I am pleased to hear our team took very special care of you throughout your visit. Thank you for your feedback on the wireless Internet connection. We have addressed the concern.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to South Beach soon.

Sincerely, John Laclé-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
LOS ANGELES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are 3 negatives about the hotel. One i wish it was closer to the center of south beach, 2, maidservice wouldnt come unless you called, and 3 charging for beach chairs even as a hilton diamond member. But none of these were deal breakers to not stay in the hotel. We stayed here 4 nights, and everyone was always very nice and always smiling. The rooms are great, a lot of movie channels if you want to stay in and relax, or we had a very large balcony overlooking the beach. Breakfast was great , and again the staff was always friendly and helpful with anything we needed. I wanted to say thank you to debbie who helped me with a last minute request for a bday cake for my one year old girl. There are alot of great restaurants around the hotel, everything was very accessable. When we checked out, the bellman put our luggage in the taxi without us even knowing or asking, it was a nice tough. Very classy hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Thanks for sharing your kind sentiments of the service received including from Debbie, our Manager on Duty. Certainly, one should not have to ask for room service. Please accept my apologies for this. I appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide.

Reviewers: The hotel does not have a resort fee. Rather, the hotel charges beach chairs and beach umbrellas separately at our Bentley Beach Club.

Sincerely, John Laclé, General Manager
Hollsopple, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was only in town for one night, but this hotel definitely made an impression. The front desk staff was professional and courteous. The gladly stored my luggage and called me as soon as my room was ready for me. They also hailed cabs and called me again when my airport transfer arrived! The hotel itself is very pretty and welcoming. My suit was spacious, with tasteful modern decor. I even had a bidet! The balconies are equipped with chairs, as well as a chaise lounge with a terry cover for those who just want to hang out in their suits.This was quite a show put on by Hilton through their hotel in South Beach.

The hotel is right on Nikki Beach, close to Lincoln street shopping, and withing walking distance of the shopping on Collins Street.

The only thing i could complain about would be the awkward way to get to me room. I had to take the elevator to the 4th floor, get off and walk 50 yards to the next tower elevator, then ride up to my floor. very strange, but a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback of the Hilton Bentley. I am pleased to learn our service has made an indelible impression on you. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to South Beach soon.

Sincerely, John Laclé, General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked a room on points for recent three night stay and in general we were not disappointed! Highlights included a very efficient check in, excellent pool (although the pool area is not huge, it was never busy during our entire stay). The staff were exceptional throughout our stay, the front desk crew were especially knowledgeable and gave excellent recommendations on things to see and do in the immediate area. Having Diamond status, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite, and although it was presented as a great upgrade with an Ocean view, I did not really feel this was the case, particularly since the hotel did not appear to be full. The room was very spacious and well appointed, but it was on the fourth floor (the lowest floor with rooms, my preference is the top floors, not the bottom...), so claiming it provided an ocean view was a bit of a stretch. Mostly our view was of the Nikki Beach club parking lot. I didn't bother saying anything to the staff as we did not spend much time in our room anyways. Oh well, regardless of the room location, we had a fabulous time, and highly recommend this hotel! It is a fabulous getaway on Miami Beach!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Nikki Beach club could be noisy in the evenings. Then again, that wouldn't be...
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback. I am pleased to hear of the exceptional service you had experienced. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide.

Sincere regards, John Laclé-General Manager
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

They were very attentive to our needs. I love the south of 5th location. Hotel is right on the beach. Quieter, not as frenetic as a few blocks north. Nice low key pool. Hard to check in early, but they warn you about that up front. Stored our bags. We were able to change in large lobby bathroom.

Room Tip: Higher floor offers better views.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed 7 days over thanksgiving and it was awesome!! I called when we landed to let them know we were on our way and they worked very hard to get our room ready around 2 when I know they aren't ready till 4!! Our room had a fantastic view of the ocean and city with a large wrap around balcony, so try and get room 1017!

The had a crib ready and they provided turn down service everynight that included getting the pull out couch ready for our little one! Everything in our room seemed brand new and the pull out couch was new and comfortable ( i feel asleep on it one night with my little one!) We had a full kitchen that we used! I went to Publix on 6th and Alton and loaded up on food and beverages. *** they stock your fridge as the mini bar so go out and get your own alcohol!** My Status got me a few bottles of Champagne and Wine through out the week that was left in our room with nice notes!
I loved the pool for the kids. It was just the right size for them and steps to play on. we actually were at the pool more than the beach. The beach is right out the back gate and you do have to pay $10 for an umbrella and $10 for a chair. The Hilton had a nice kid area on the beach with an unbrella and lots of toys. I felt this was a nice place to have children run around. its not as crazy as up the beach. If your a diamond member you get champagne if you get beach chairs!

The breakfast I recieved for free due to my status and it was pretty good, normal hotel breakfast. There is a $5 upgrade for hot food, but they let the kids have it for free! The only downside was the Cuban Restaurant attached to the Hotel. We ate there and it was awful. Find somewhere else to eat. We loved both the Prime restaurants, very expensive though but really good!

Short walk to the tourist part of South Beach. I presonally feel this hotel was on the more upscale part of South Beach.

We paid the $35 for parking and gave up trying to find a parking deck for $20 a night.

Other than that we had a great time and we are going to come back again. if you have Status with Hilton they make you feel like royalty that is why I choose Hilton for my business travel.

Room Tip: If your Diamond call after you book and ask for the upgrade!! Room 1017 I was told was one of the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Minneola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for our 2 year Anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. From the Bellman to the Front desk staff everything was excellent. We had a beautiful City View from our room. When we went to dinner and came back there were rose pedals from the door leading up to the bed with a heart of rose pedals on the bed. Champagne on ice with chocolate covered strawberries. What a great surprise!! Concierge also set up the dinner at Vita Bioli which has an exciting / romantic atmosphere.. I cant wait to stay here again trust me you guys will love it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!