“7 day stay over Thanksgiving with 2 little kids!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“7 day stay over Thanksgiving with 2 little kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed 7 days over thanksgiving and it was awesome!! I called when we landed to let them know we were on our way and they worked very hard to get our room ready around 2 when I know they aren't ready till 4!! Our room had a fantastic view of the ocean and city with a large wrap around balcony, so try and get room 1017!

The had a crib ready and they provided turn down service everynight that included getting the pull out couch ready for our little one! Everything in our room seemed brand new and the pull out couch was new and comfortable ( i feel asleep on it one night with my little one!) We had a full kitchen that we used! I went to Publix on 6th and Alton and loaded up on food and beverages. *** they stock your fridge as the mini bar so go out and get your own alcohol!** My Status got me a few bottles of Champagne and Wine through out the week that was left in our room with nice notes!
I loved the pool for the kids. It was just the right size for them and steps to play on. we actually were at the pool more than the beach. The beach is right out the back gate and you do have to pay $10 for an umbrella and $10 for a chair. The Hilton had a nice kid area on the beach with an unbrella and lots of toys. I felt this was a nice place to have children run around. its not as crazy as up the beach. If your a diamond member you get champagne if you get beach chairs!

The breakfast I recieved for free due to my status and it was pretty good, normal hotel breakfast. There is a $5 upgrade for hot food, but they let the kids have it for free! The only downside was the Cuban Restaurant attached to the Hotel. We ate there and it was awful. Find somewhere else to eat. We loved both the Prime restaurants, very expensive though but really good!

Short walk to the tourist part of South Beach. I presonally feel this hotel was on the more upscale part of South Beach.

We paid the $35 for parking and gave up trying to find a parking deck for $20 a night.

Other than that we had a great time and we are going to come back again. if you have Status with Hilton they make you feel like royalty that is why I choose Hilton for my business travel.

Room Tip: If your Diamond call after you book and ask for the upgrade!! Room 1017 I was told was one of the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Minneola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for our 2 year Anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. From the Bellman to the Front desk staff everything was excellent. We had a beautiful City View from our room. When we went to dinner and came back there were rose pedals from the door leading up to the bed with a heart of rose pedals on the bed. Champagne on ice with chocolate covered strawberries. What a great surprise!! Concierge also set up the dinner at Vita Bioli which has an exciting / romantic atmosphere.. I cant wait to stay here again trust me you guys will love it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Bentley for three nights and loved it. We had a spacious one bedroom suite that was impeccably clean and very comfortable. We were a bit disappointed when we arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon and were told that our room wouldn't be ready until around 4:00. But, we had no trouble entertaining ourselves walking around South Beach for a few hours. Our only other disappointment was our discovery that we could only catch a sliver of a glimpse of the ocean from the "ocean view" room we paid for if we went out on the narrow little balcony that ran along side of our suite.

The Hotel's location is great in that it is in the quiet southern section of South Beach within walking distance of most of the art deco district and many of the great restaurants including all of them in the Espanola area and along Lincoln Avenue. The restaurant directly across the street, Prime 112, is highly touted but my strong advice is to avoid if you are from out of town. We had a reservation for 7:00 and were forced to wait at the bar until 8:30 until a table "became available" - it was very obvious that the hostess was bumping us to the back of the line every time someone showed up who knew somebody or was a local VIP wannabe. The food was good but no better than any of a dozen steak houses in Chicago where from.

Back to the hotel - the good news is that, unlike so many other hotel/resort properties, the Bentley doesn't insult its guests with a "resort fee" which is a cyncial and highly offensive exercise in bad faith business practice that seems to have caught-on in the hospitality industry whereby hotels and resorts fraudulently boost room rates and fatten margins. The bad news is that a chaise lounge and umbrella on the beach will cost you $35 per day, 24 hours of wireless internet access in your room will cost you $9.95 and valet parking (there is no self-parking option) will cost you $35 per day.

The pool is tiny as is the spa. But the Atlantic was great - warm with great body-surfing waves. There is a Starbucks half a block away for anyone who, like us, has a addition.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the old "ocean view" ruse. If you want (and pay for) ocean view, deman...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Denville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I traveled to South Beach to celebrate a milestone birthday. Our room at the Hilton Bentley was perfect. There was plenty of space, a large bedroom, huge bathroom, kitchen, dining table,and livingroom (with large sofabed). The wrap-around balcony was an unexpected treat, bringing extra space and a great view of the ocean. We could even lounge in the sun without leaving our room!

We rented our unit from an owner through VRBO, but this did not change the level or service we received at the front desk when checking in. I should add that we traveled from NJ just days after the recent hurricane and came from a situation of no power or water for several days. The person who greeted us at reception could not have been more accommodating. Due to the power-issue at home, I had no way to pay the balance of my room. She let me use the hotel computer and also contacted the owner to confirm an early check in so we could shower. She went above-and-beyond for us and I appreciated that so much after a very tough week at home.

The pool area is not overly large, but is very comfortable and a nice option for a South Beach hotel. The lounge chairs were very comfortable and the pool-staff could not do more for you. Their service and willingness to provide anything we needed was a huge plus. Again, although we rented through an owner on VRBO.com, we had full access to all amenities at the hotel.

The beach is also beautiful. The hotel has lounge chairs and umbrellas available on the beach for a minimal cost. The beach area is run by an outside company whose workers were not very impressive. The beach chairs are tight without a lot of room in between. I would recommend walking to the nearby Walgreen's (5th and Collins) to buy beach chairs and set them up however you would like.

The Hilton Bentley is a bit of a walk to the more populated Art Deco section, but it is a very pleasant and safe walk. We took advantage of the walking to burn off calories from the many fantastic restaurants that South Beach offers!! I would definitely return to this property on a future trip - thank you very much for the great service!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Amazing location, on South Beach but tucked in a corner away from constant noise, but 5 mins from it. The Staff was extremely friendly and concierge provided endless tips for amazing restaurants, or places to see. He got us tickets for NBA games, etc.
Only downside is the size of the pool (very small), but its 5 mins walk from the Beach, so no biggy!.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our brief stay here. The entire staff was top notch, helpful, hospitable, and made my wife and I really feel welcome.
The rooms were big and clean. The bed was cozy and comfortable.
I am a Hilton Honors Platinum Member and was completely impressed.

• Stayed November 2012
Fort Myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed the night of November 11, 2012 at the Hilton Bentley and we were a bit disappointed. Simply stated, the hotel is just not up to par. The room and common areas were clean, the room was good sized, the staff was very pleasant but the hotel looked tired and in need of a major facelift. We were disappointed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach? Share your experiences!