“Eclectic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Eclectic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was lucky enough to visit this gift shop after taking part in the walking tour also provided by the Miami Design Preservation League. I was expecting to find traditional museum-type gift shop offerings, which are always interesting, but this shop had much more! In addition to posters, books, and quirky souvenirs, there were small vintage pieces of Art Deco history for sale, such as jewelry (both original and artistically re-imagined into new forms), clothing, compacts, postcards, and more. It was a nice break from the typical beach shops along South Beach. It's right on the beach behind the Beach Patrol Headquarters in a building originally used for social gatherings. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and obviously interested in Art Deco design, which made the visit all the more fun and interesting. Highly recommended!

Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Great selection at this shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went in this shop not knowing what to expect, but it was so much fun. The shop has a great assortment of retro and vintage items, and I particularly enjoyed the jewelry case. So much so that I walked out of there with two pins! The lady at the counter, Iris, was so pleasant and nice as I asked to see different things. I was really happy to leave South Beach with such unique souvenirs from my trip. Also, it's a good feeling to know that profits go to support the Art Deco preservation in Miami. I would highly recommend checking out and supporting this shop, especially since you can't miss it if you're walking down Ocean Drive anyway!

Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Funky fun shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Enjoyed a recent visit to the shop while hosting out of town visitors -- the shop has an interesting selection of new and vintage merchandise, friendly helpful volunteers staffing it. I'm a local, but will be back to shop.

Milano
8 attraction reviews
“Rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

nice gifts and souvenirs on a fantastic location
Staff extremely rude and unhelpful: change'em!
Art deco stuff is very charming.

Visited March 2013
mdpl76, Manager at The Official Art Deco Gift Shop, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the items in the shop. We apologize that you did not feel you received excellent customer service. We have take your review seriously and have taken action. We normally get rave reviews about our staff's high quality customer service, so this has come to us as a bit of a shock. However, all comments and reviews help us improve. We spoke to the staff and to ensure future customers are greeted with a smile and a positive attitude! We hope you revisit us and have a more welcoming and helpful experience.
New York City, New York
“Dynamite shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a place! Beautiful setting on the beach, full of unique merchandise. Bought. Deco-style woven silk tie. Never saw anything like it. Even my Mother liked it when I got home. Great store, great attitude. Check it out. Peter Standish NYC

Visited March 2013