“Nothing but service and great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #408 of 875 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Nothing but service and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

A 15 minute walk from the main strip but well worth it. Don't let the private club sign fool you. It's open to everyone. Atmosphere and the servers and owners really want you there. No rush, just enjoy the day and the views. I had the fish and it was perfectly done. Couldn't find a thing wrong.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Enjoy an amazing lunch, feet in the sand listening to some good music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I consider myself as a regular customer.
I go there very often even on weekdays during lunch break. It's quick and delicious. I love to eat their Burrata, it's by far the best in town, the Beef Tartar "St Tropez" Style, the Mussels or the poached Salmon!
The staff is very friendly, they make you feel like family.
I would recommend to any person visiting Miami even for a few days to check it out!

They have a swimming pool and provide fresh towels
You eat feet in the sand or not, you can choose!

It get's very crowded on Sundays, the atmosphere changes to a Party vibe
All Miami's locals get together at la Piaggia on Sundays!

BEST RESTAURANT - BEACH CLUB in MIAMI BEACH!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach
“Nice ambiance but that was it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have mixed feelings about La Piaggia. We dined with a group of 6 at noon on a Sunday. When we arrived the place was empty, however the hostess scowled because we did not have a reservation. She asked if we would "make it quick, it was going to be busy" which was actually fine with us as our friends had other plans after lunch.

The setting is quite nice, outdoors with plenty of shade and pleasant music. The tables are in the sand, so ladies should be aware when selecting foot ware.

The service was an issue. The wait staff was friendly enough, but disorganized and seemed flustered. We were never offered a second round of drinks and it took over 30 minutes to get the check. Considering that the hostess had asked us to be quick, this delay was annoying. The dining area was busier when we left, but still not 100% full.

The food had mixed reviews from our group. The pasta and burgers received higher marks, the grilled chicken entree, duck entree and Chinese chicken salad were just fair. I think for the prices charged, the quality should have been better.

Overall, I would not recommend La Piaggia as there are so many other lovely outdoor dining options in Miami Beach with more polished service and consistently excellent cuisine.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Don't bother unless you want to be annoyed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times since my brothers moved to the building next door. Was never impressed but the last time I went I was downright annoyed. Wanted to sit at the bar and have a glass of wine and a salad but couldn't even get the bartender's attention,despite the fact that there were only 4 other people in the entire place. When I walked over and politely asked him for help him he gave me a dirty look and went back to his conversation. Imagine my surprise when I found out he was the owner! Needless to say I walked out. Just could not bring myself to spend money at an establishment like that! Suggest you avoid it too. Ended up at Prime Italian instead and had a great experience.

Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

For my first experience in Miami Beach, this restaurant left something to be desired in decor, food and service. Having traveled all over the world from Japan, to Europe, to Central America I have been fortunate to eat in some magnificent places, but this unfortunately was not one of them.

Upon arrival the hostesses were extremely snotty without the least bit of interest in serving us. Once we found a table in the bar (kindly arranged by the manager), our server was actually quite nice. Unfortunately the prices on the menu were incredibly over inflated for what they were and the food was less than impressive. I took the spaghetti basil pasta that was palatable, but nothing special at all. Unfortunately after serving our main dish our server was nowhere to be found. I later learned that their tips are included automatically so their incentive to give good service after trying to drive up their guest check is relatively non-existent.

Also, trying to find her to ask for the check took almost 30 minutes and when we received it there was a $130 bottle of wine on it that did not belong to us...good thing we checked the bill before paying.

The restaurant itself looks like it was once impressive but now just looks a bit rundown and overly self important for nothing.

• Visited December 2013