“BEST TRIP EVER” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #76 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“BEST TRIP EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

To all my friends who knows me well u guys know that I love visit different places around the world...then I took that plane to Florida,The Sunshine State...I just wanna say,OMG
How was my trip?,wow man,was full of adventures and I really really enjoyed that trip.I had the opportunity to meet wonderful people,first of all I was impressed by the attitude of the person in charge of the front desk Iala,oh man what a kind of cool human being,but more than anything I want to highlight the behavior of the person in charge of the luggage,his name is Noel,he work there as a bellman,is a cuban teen who gave me an excellent costumer service same as front desk,I don't have any complains I swear man...u guys have to buy 2 or 3 weeks of entertainment there,Im pretty sure u are gonna love this place man,full of peace,humanity..people:Im really impressed,I will never forget that place,everything was clean and comfortable,I strongly recomend this place:Victor Hotel,Ocean Dr,South Beach FL...beach is just across the street,excellent drinks,cuban food around,and too many meals and deserts,Oh man I just want to come back there soon...thanks Miami for welcoming and thanks to all persons in charge of Victor Hotel u guys make a terrific team,thanks Iala,thank u so much Noel I hope u see u soon man,I owe u a drink man,thank you for your support and take care man...I really appreciate your work....

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, yesterday
It is wonderful to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. It was a pleasure taking care of you. Noel, the Team and I look forward to having you here with us again very soon!

Chauncey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Simply the worst service at any hotel I have visited for what was not a cheap price. Checked out after one night and had to pay one night extra for the privilege! Booked via Mr and Mrs Smith. Will not trust them ever again!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
I am very sad and disappointed to read this, Masseran. When we learned you needed to leave early because of a family emergency, your unused fees were returned to you. We did charge you for the one night you stayed and I am sorry you expected that returned to you as well. The Team and I hope all is well with your emergency.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of the holiday weekend firstly Jason at the Valet was just great. I was then greeted by Mauro at the front desk he was extremely courteous and knowledgeable.I was able to meet the front Desk Manager Cree whom was very welcoming to me and my party.All the front office staff Andre and Iala very superb and very helpful with all my needs.My room was upgraded to an oceanfront king suite incredible views on ocean drive.This boutique gem very iconic on ocean Drive the staff was exceptional even Lester at the pool made my experience memorable. Manny at the pool bar made some slamming Mojitos just a specialty in Miami. Jean was a great bellman who was very attentive and greeted us each time we visited the lobby.
The location is just ideal very laid back atmosphere just added touches with their bicycles,Ipads just made my short 3 day vacation unforgettable I will return because of the incredible hard working staff. They are doing a great job with top notch service for a boutique hotel. Good job

Room Tip: room 507 absolutely georgous
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Wonderful comments, Ed, Thank you for visiting with us. It is always great to hear when one of our guests thoroughly enjoy themselves. Cree, Mauro, Jason, Iala, Jean, Andre, Many, Lester, the Team and I loved having you here with us and look forward to you visiting with us again very soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed here solo, and had a wonderful time, the hotel is located just on the main ave in south beach, across the beach where all the fun and adventure, really clean, neat and great service.
there is a good restaurant and you are in the center.

Room Tip: if you don-t want noise, ask form room with No ocean view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Than you for your comments, Gauti. It is wonderful to hear yo thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. The Team and I look forward to having you visit again very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I booked the king deluxe, sight unseen for our 5 yr anniversary. We were both pleasantly surprised, preferring boutique hotels over larger chains. We were upgraded to an ocean front and had a bottle of champagne on ice w/a personalized note from Mauro congratulating us on our anniversary. We had to shorten our stay due to a last min family emergency. The hotel made the change w/out additional fees or hassle. The guy working valet allowed us to leave our rental parked for 15 min while checking in to avoid parking fees, as we were returning the car to Avis later that day. (We tipped him extra personally). The bellhop was also great (separate tip). The room was nice and clean, view was AMAZING and our 5 year was memorable. IF you want a quiet, low key spot, this is NOT it. It's ground zero for the action and loudness...next door to the Versace house (that should sum it up). Because we were there to be out, it was great. Our room overlooked the pool; however, they close the pool at 10pm so this wasn't an issue. We were rarely back before 10pm. Surprisingly, we could sleep with the door open. Street noise is to be expected. The one disadvantage was the gym. They are currently upgrading their equipment so we could not work out. We were given a free all access pass to the Bridgewater a block up, to use their gym, but we decided against it. My husband ran on the beach and I worked out in the room..again no biggie and not a deal breaker. If you want something quieter, stay on Collins or further up near 14th-22h, etc. Walking distance to everything. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 6 days ago
It's wonderful that you two thoroughly enjoyed your 5 year anniversary with us. We loved having you visit! The gym is being re-opened by next week and we will have a brand new spa within the next two weeks or so. Mauro, the Team and I look forward to having you visit with us again very soon!

Calgary, Ab
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the get go this hotel does not meet up. The management is no where to be found to get any of your concerns met. Chauncey the general manager was requested 5 times to call our room or stop by to address, phone not working, clock radio not working, room not made up and among other concerns. He sent maid to talk about it, then he sent the manager of housekeeping. The reviews on this hotel that are all inadequate are exactly what this hotel is about. Chauncey only contacted us 2 days later after we evacuated the hotel and gave the same response of not used to hearing this kind of experience. Obviously he is not addressing the concerns of any guest. So many other hotels in this area with good service, never would stay again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It is sad, ddmack, that despite several team members contacting you, including me when I learned of your inconveniences, that this is the impression you took away from your visit with us. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your visit despite the team speaking with you to address several issues that you said you had with your accommodations. As I mentioned in my e-mail to you, we contacted Expedia.com and completely refunded your visit and I offered to personally see to the details of your next visit. It is sad that despite these efforts you are still carrying this feeling around with you. I hope you enjoy your next visit to our area.

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

had sockets hanging off the wall. TV didnt work. Phone didnt work. food from the restaurant very avergage at best. on the plus side. bed was comfortable.
BEWARE ADDITIONAL "SERVICE CHARGE" of $18 per day. apparently its to cover WIFI and BIKES !!!...as well as the "FREE" international calls.

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
I am very disappointed you did not entirely enjoy your visit with us, Simon. With all the broken items in your room, I don't recognize the hotel you're describing. This is certainly not a typical experience. I have shared your comments with the restaurant company as well. Regarding the service fee, it is far from hidden. All our literature makes it very clear there is and $18 per day service fee which is for the wifi, bike rental, beach towels, bottled water, lobby morning coffee, international and domestic calls, and other items. I am sorry you may have overlooked this while booking with us and also when signing our registration card, among other sources. The Team and I enjoyed having you visit with us. Please contact me directly for your next visit so I can personally see you have a more typically enjoyable visit with us.

Chauncey

Been to Hotel Victor? Share your experiences!