“Loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I for a weekend getaway stayed 2 nights at hotel victor, totally enjoyed our stay. It is located right in the middle of everything. They have a lovely pool that lights up at night with lounge chairs all around.

The hotel is contemporary yet very warm, our room was nicely done, great sleep! We made reservations for one night at the Versace mansion (they are affiliated so the conceirge ensured we got a table). I would highly recommend visiting if you can.

We booked the hotel well in advance so we received a good price, having such a great time we thought we would book another night - unfortunately the prices was doubled so if your planning a visit - book well in advanced.

Another must do is having Sunday brunch at the Ritz Carlton - best brunch we ever went to - sat by the pool and enjoyed our day!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, yesterday
It is wonderful to learn you had such a wonderful time visiting with us. We loved having you here, Mhar. The Team and I hope to have you visit with us again very soon.

Chauncey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you wanting a art deco jewel - this is a great hotel. To top it off, it is on Ocean Drive, South Beach - with phenomenal views and incredible vibe. You can walk (or stumble) to all the night spots. Hotel is well kept, clean and pool overlooks the ocean! Fantastic place to stay in Miami! Being next door to the Versace mansion, it's perfectly located on Ocean Drive!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your comments. I is great to learn you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. We loved having you here with us. The Team and I hope to have you visit with us again very soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The overall impression is that the hotel is poorly managed by people who don't really care, so the fairly weak ranking compared to other hotels in South Beach feels about right. Some examples that we had while staying here for a week were as follows:

- Served some chicken in the cafe that had blood in it. It was replaced, but not removed from the bill and the waiter was rude when I asked for the gratuity to be removed
- The gym has ancient equipment, broken aircon, and broken treadmill. Nobody was interested when we told them treadmill was broken. The spa next door looks like it has been closed for some time
- I asked for a late checkout. I was told this could only be investigated on departure day, but I had to do it early - at 7am! I got up early and was told it was impossible to extend for any time. I said I would pay, and all of a sudden it was possible for $150
- Housekeeping was bizarre. Some days we got water and new toiletries, some days old bits of soap were left and robes were removed for no reason

All in all, this characterful hotel in good location feels like it has seen better days and is being run to the ground by people who don't care and don't know what equivalent hotels in other locations offer. It is a bit depressing and best avoided.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I was very sad to learn you did not enjoy your visit with us. I have shared your experience with the restaurant company as well. I will share also that we are in the midst of installing a new spa and gym area, which you encountered while with us. This will all be in place by mid-summer. We loved having you here with us and the Team and I hope to see you here with us again soon. Please contact me personally so I can see to your details and organize a wonderful time for you.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent two weeks in the Victor Hotel in mid April. I cannot thank the staff enough for making me welcome from the security at the door,the guys and girls in reception, the Cuban girl at the pool and the girls who cleaned my room (sorry not very good with names!) As a single male travelling on my own it is not always easy but the staff found my Scottish accent interesting to say the least and continually asked me just to talk. Hotel in great location, pool and room brilliant looking right onto Miami Beach. Really enjoyed my first trip to Miami & spent most nights drinking in the Playright Irish bar on Washington Avenue, the girls behind the bar were brill & I was always greeted with 'hi Tommy'. I will be back
Tommy From Scotland

Room Tip: Ask for a pool ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
It sounds like you had a lovely time while visiting with us and other parts of Miami Beach. We loved having you here with us. The Team and I hope to have you visit again very soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here in July 2014 for 1 night. We really liked the hotel, and loved having a room that opened on to the pool. Great location to lounge by the pool or to explore Miami Beach from. It's not a far walk to the beach and to the shopping areas, or if it's too hot, it's only a short cab ride.
The room was clean, and the hotel was modern. The bathroom was spacious with a large bath tub. Best for young couples/friends. Not really a family hotel. There was a really drunk guy in the pool area that the staff did not deal with very effectively.

Room Tip: Off the pool is really nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your comments and observations. The Team and I hope to have you visit with us again very soon.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Last year we stayed in Hallandale Beach, 21 miles north of Miami Beach, and found it a bit too far from all the Miami Beach action. So we decided to stay in the heart of it this time and booked Hotel Victor for 4 nights. We knew that staying in the South Beach area of Miami has a high price tag. We didn't know that it was not really worth it overall. Expect rip-offs at the restaurants, beach and parking: an advertised $5.75 breakfast quickly turns into a $35 breakfast when a $12 orange juice, $5 coffee and 20% service charge are added to the bill unbeknownst to you (you are expected to leave a tip on top of the total bill after that). $40 valet parking. 1 milkshake + 1 martini at the Sugar Factory restaurant adjacent to Hotel Victor was $36. Again, this is not a fault of Hotel Victor but an environment in which it operates, so be prepared. We booked through Expedia and pre-paid $250/night. $18 per night charge was added to our bill at checkout.

PRO's
Good location in the Art Deco District of South Beach (If you like Art Deco, of course. Lots of old and unkempt white buildings with dilapidated stucco, not too pleasant for my taste, actually).
20 min walk to Lincoln Road, a local shopping and happening promenade.
Very quick and efficient check-in, polite front desk staff.
Room was reasonably clean and comfortable.
Beach is across the street (Ocean Drive) and Park, about 10 min walk.
Beautiful ocean water.
Beach/pool towels are free and available.
Complementary two bottles of drinking water per day.
Room and bed were made up fast before 1 pm each day.
Free Wi-Fi.

CON's
Not sure about the renovations described by some reviewers. Our room was clearly older with dust on the light fixtures, moldy stains on tile grout and rust in the tub. Shower valve was coming off during use.
There were four small pillows on the king-size bed. Really small. They can fall through the gap between the bed and the wall. We didn't ask for more pillows; in hindsight, we should have, I suppose.
No climate control in the room. AC is central and quite noisy. Room gets warm and cold periodically.
Our room had no balcony.
Pool is very small and a bit weird. It's on the 2nd floor and kind of surrounded by patios of the rooms located on the 2nd floor, so it's not clear where their private areas end and public areas begin. There are a few large, king-size pool-side beds, which are comfortable. But if you're not there early, you're out of luck, people leave their stuff on the beds and keep them until the end of the day. Less than 10 loungers where available around the pool. Shade is hardly available either - only a few umbrellas.
When you go to the beach, take the complementary towels and bottle of water, which is very nice. However; at the beach, expect to pay $55 per day for an umbrella and two chairs. You will need an umbrella, guaranteed, it's really hot.
Hotel provides a complementary "continental breakfast" in the lobby. It's just bad coffee and small wet muffins (we tried them once and did not want to do it again). A good intent badly implemented: Add some fruit variety, a toaster and jams and it could become a very nice feature valued by guests.
Sugar Factory - a restaurant attached to the Hotel was bad, slow and expensive. This has been covered by many reviewers. The Hotel could perhaps demand a better service from them as a landlord.
Check-out is early, at 11 am. We've asked to stay until noon but the request was refused.

Overall, it was not a bad stay but not a good one either due to all of the nuisances described above. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I am sad to learn you did not entirely enjoy your visit with us. To clarify one point, the courtesy coffee tray in the lobby is not meant to be a continental breakfast. Breakfast is served in the restaurant and has many choices. Thank you for your comments and observations. We loved having you here with us. I will also share your comments with the restaurant company. The Team and I hope to have you visit with us again so that you can more thoroughly enjoy the hotel and its surroundings.

Illnau, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel Victor is a great place! Fabulously located right where it happens :) Free bicycles included and the room is clean and, not at all expected in this neighbourhood, very silent - and a rate of usd 250/night just perfect. Higly recommended!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your comments, PhilWes. We loved having you visiting with us. The Team and I hope to have you here with us again very soon.

Chauncey

Been to Hotel Victor? Share your experiences!