“Forgetaboutit” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Mt. Dora, FLorida
“Forgetaboutit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

How I wish I could have stayed at the Hotel Victor. It looked like a really great hotel. Even after I arrived it looked like a really great place. However, even thought I booked my room well in advance of my stay, I was not chosen to stay there. I was walked to their "sister" property without an explanation and ended up in a adequate place however near an extremely loud, obnoxious bar. It was not the hotel I expected. I should have been more vocal in my disappointment, however I never had an experience like this in all my years of travel.

The staff at the "Sister" hotel ,the Breakwater, were very accommodating and nice giving us the most "quiet" room they had available to their credit.

I am still not sure what happened as an e-mail to the Hotel Victor about the situation has been ignored.

If you book this hotel, be advised you may not actually stay there actually stay there. If you are up to taking chances on your accommodations, then it is a go for you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was planning a trip to Miami for Miami Music week and after researching several choices I decided to stay at the hotel Victor.(glad I did) The hotel is located in the heart of Ocean Drive and walking distance from all the best restaurants and clubs. I arrived early for check in and the front desk was very accommodidatng and had our room ready within minutes. The room was modern and clean. The beds were also very comfortable. Some nice additions we noticed is the complimentary wifi, breakfast and water bottles in the room. These additions made the stay that much better.
I strongly recommend you stay at the hotel victor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Potomac, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is quite deceiving because it is so nicely designed. Walking in and looking around, you get the felling that his hotel is going to be wonderful. Initial impressions unfortunately disappear once you start looking closer at the cleanliness of the rooms, interact with the staff, have breakfast or try to rest in your room.
The rooms are beautifully designed but are not clean. The carpets are stained badly and there is quite a bit of dirt on the floors and in fact everywhere you look. The hallways which by the way have the wrong signs for directions to your room number are nicely designed but are not clean.
There is no concierge. Despite calling frequently and getting vm, leaving a message and stopping by at the front desk - after 4 days, I finally realized that there is no concierge. The staff at the front desk tries to cover but they couch their terms in,”I imagine" or "it is probably" - in fact, they don’t know and they are guessing about when thing open, close start or stop. They have no answers - you might as well guess yourself. If you want/need a reservation, they glance at the computers in the lobby and suggest you try online.
Breakfast is fine if you like cereal and it is completely self-service -no one will lift a finger to do anything - want milk with coffee? bring it yourself. The same for the beach - every hotel on the avenue has a section for their own beach chairs and umbrellas - the Victor does not.
Finally, the noise is absurd - the windows rattle from the booming music and there is no possible way to relax even with ear plugs and headphones. There is no escaping it.
If that’s what you want in SB and want a prime location on the street, you will like it.

Room Tip: chose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your feedback and observations it is important to us. Please accept my apology for your experience during your stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. We are making great efforts to ensure that we proved our guests with not just a beautiful hotel but a clean inviting environment with friendly attentive associates. I know that at the time of your visit was an extremely eventful week here on South Beach; even though we are in the heart of everything, noise is not a common compliant. We do have our concierge Alex, who assists with all requests and give suggestions on the area. I am sorry that you did not meet with him. I have shared your review; we will take all that you have said into consideration, as this will help us to improve.
whitehaven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Friendly service and check in. Well appointed cool yet tasteful rooms (super comfortable bed!). Brilliant location if you want to be in the heart of ocean drive, which was perfect for us. Special mention to Maurice at the poolside who is fantastic and deserves recognition by the hotel management. Couple of improvements to get to 5 stars: service at the poolside bar was far too slow, team at breakfast service are disinterested and the breakfast is not great (other than the fresh croissants), people reserving sunbeds as a practice should not be allowed considering the size of the pool and limited number of beds.

Room Tip: Choose a high room that faces towards the pool on the sixth floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your feedback and observations it is greatly appreciated. I am happy that Maurice our pool attendant took care of you, I will be sure to share this review with him. We have read the reviews in regards to our breakfast and are making some drastic changes to ensure the satisfaction of our valued guests. Sunbeds should not be reserved; we will be sure to stick to this policy. We hope that you return again, it was great having you here with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Valet and front desk gals were SO NICE!! Held onto our luggage and directed us to complimentary breakfast when we showed up from our cruise hours before official check-in, which was awesome. Room was beautiful and CLEAN. A tray was brought up with complimentary Pelligrno and a selection of fresh fruit...Love the simplicity and elegance of the decor, super polite staff, and ideal location!!

• Stayed April 2014
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to take care of you; we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hotel Victor in February 2014 for one night. The hotel location, right in the middle of South Beach, is wonderful. We upgraded our room to a Bungalow King Deluxe and were very happy with it. It was a large room with a great ocean view, a separate sitting area and a very large bathroom with a stand-alone soaking tub and a marvelous shower. We did not experience any frustrations with hotel staff-they were all friendly and courteous. We enjoyed the hotel’s breakfast buffet-it had a good variety of food and beverages; however, the dining/bar area did feel dingy and not very clean. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your review it was great having you here with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit we look forward to your return.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel Victor is in a great location and the rooms, pool area and restaurant was very good. We experienced some questionable practices. Upon arrival we were told that our reservations had been cancelled because we did not confirm them. Since when is a paid reservation booked months in advanced not confirmed? We were called the night before our scheduled stay. We were on a cruise and did not receive the message. We explained that to the reservationist at the hotel during the actual booking because we wanted to see if an early arrival would be ok!

So we were directed to another hotel that we had no idea about. After refusing to accept the other hotel we were told to wait. However, Cree the manager was at all times pleasant, apologetic, and accommodating. She offered us use of the very nice pool, breakfast and use of the spa.

After hous of waiting, we were given a room but we had a leak over the shower. It was repaired, but no one showed up to clean up the fallen plaster. Lastly our room as not cleaned on the second day. We called and the woman from housekeeping said she couldn't clean it because she had to go home. Later turn down service threw the rumbled bedspread and pillows around but did not change the sheets or pillow cases.

Inspite of the hassles and unprofessional behaviors of some staff members. The bell men were so friendly and helpful. I would still go back to Hotel Victor but I would return when there isn't so much going on, I enjoyed walking across the street to the beach, walking to Espanola Way and Lincoln Road Mall.

Finally the Hotel must change their booking policies as some guest called what they were doing "bait and switch".

Room Tip: Call the day before your arrival and remember who you spoke with.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Danni T, Manager at Hotel Victor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback. I would like to extend my personal apology for the inconvenience you encountered. Your review was shared with the appropriate departments. Please know that we would never deceive our guests in any way. We have experienced an unfortunate situation with our system that resulted in overbooking. Even though arrangements were made with our sister property for those affected by this, we do understand the frustrations of yourself and others.

I am happy to know that you would return. I look forward to that opportunity to regain your trust in us. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Hotel Victor? Share your experiences!