“Nice Little Hotel in SoBe” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Victor
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #73 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Diego, California
“Nice Little Hotel in SoBe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Hotel Victor is one of the older Art Deco Hotels in South Beach but has recently had most of its rooms and many of the common areas remodeled. I like the location of the hotel right on Ocean Drive and across from the massive South Miami Beach.

I didn't like the way that my room was organized, and the bathrooms use the European half-glass shower over bathtub concept that I never understand - everything still gets wet. In this case for the sake of style, the old high sided tub was maintained, making it difficult to get in or out of the shower without some fear for falling. Likewise, there's just no surface space on which to put your shaving or makeup kit, even though the bath area had lots of room.

The pool area, bar area and the wonderful Bice Restaurant that's attached, are very well done and you'll like - maybe even love - the interesting food they offer. The quality is very good and it's a good choice for your breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can make many other choices nearby, but you won't find better quality.

I liked the staff, and found everyone to be helpful and friendly. I was a bit put off by the very high prices for parking my car - but then, this is SoBe and the prices for everything there are higher than normal and you ought to be prepared for it.

One last comment, every restaurant and bar in the area automatically includes a service charge, be careful that you don't double tip - as it's not the norm in the US and after making this mistake the first morning and later learning of it - I realized that no one from that time forward ever reminded me - or corrected me when I started to add an additional 18% or so onto the bill. Buyer beware.

Room Tip: Don't pick a corner room as the opposite / attached room noise comes right through and think har...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Friend of mine stayed there one weekend, thought the accommodations were okay so since I am looking for a new place to work, I thought it may be a great place to work. They recently posted an for front desk agents. Charley, the front office mgr and other staff members did not welcome my inquiry at all, even though I have 3 yrs current hotel front desk experience. Their demeanor said it all. Was it the color of my skin???? You don't have to ever worry about me referring any guests to that hotel!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I checked into the Victor for two nights, recently. My basic thought on this hotel is that the day-to-day management is a disorganized mess. First, at 8:30AM on a Sunday, I called and asked to have some trousers laundered (there was no bag or slip in the closet). Someone arrived and took the pants away, and I was promised they would be returned later in the early evening. Later that same day, at about 2PM, the room still had not been made up. I went down to the front desk (because calling anyone on the hotel phone is pointless - no one ever answers, as other reviewers here have noted), and was told someone would be up shortly. By 6PM, no one had arrived to make up the room. I went downstairs again, and was told someone would make up the room in "two minutes." At 6:45PM, the room had still not been cleaned. I went downstairs to the front desk again, and complained (now a third time). Finally, the room was made up when I was out, but only in the most rudimentary way. The towels were replaced, yet the sheets weren't changed, nor was the bathroom cleaned. And somehow, my razor wound up on the floor. At about 9PM, I remembered about my trousers, so downstairs I went again to find out where they were. I was then called on my room phone about 15 minutes later to be told that the trousers had never been sent out. They were returned still soiled. When I checked out, I asked for an itemized bill. I was told that there was none - that it was prepaid. This seemed highly unusual to me - I travel for business and always receive an itemized bill. After I checked out, I realized from the form I was given, that the front desk guy had given me the wrong room bill. I then asked my travel agent to have them comp me one night's stay given the joke of a service they offered. They offered instead to refund parking and the "resort fee". My advice: this an expensive hotel and not worth it. Find another property in South Beach that is professionally managed, and where you are getting the services you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had an excellent experience at the Hotel Victor in Miami Beach. The new renovation is very appealing and neat. The staff especially "Alex," the Concierge were very friendly and welcoming! We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Miami Beach, but the "Hotel Victor," has the best location, staff and accomodations. Highly Recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nice hotel on Ocean Drive, one of the nicest
Free Wifi in the room
Choice between two breakfeast
A good place to stay in Miami
The restaurant is good
Staff is helpful
Private swimming pool on second floor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Everything at hotel victor was simply perfect. Very nice atmosphere, the rooms are designed in a way so that everyone can see the pool, pool design and furniture choice are outstanding. Liked it a lot. The breakfast was good. Not a buffet. Would definitely come back again

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel directly on Ocean Drive, free WiFi in room, breakfast was good (choice of Continental or American), friendly and helpful staff, baby bed was provided free of charge
Only negative point: when we arrived, we had to call housekeeping to give the carpet in the room some vacuum cleaning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Victor? Share your experiences!